How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue Russia March 2008
Interview with Tom Ford, my scans

03-04-2008
fashion elite

I do admire her job since Vogue Russia is getting better and better nowadays. And I often see her being interviewed in the videos on style.com. And I thought she's really one of the fashion insiders.

Thanks everyone for the pics and scans!

09-07-2008
fashion elite

Departures - October 2007

scanned by me.

10-07-2008
trendsetter

She did a bad facelift job recently. Look compltely different.

23-07-2008
trendsetter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX1oCUcdpNE

A big interview with her.

23-07-2008
tfs star

- what makes you happy?
- observations of beauty.

i totally love and respect this woman. thanks a lot for the video. Alyona's voice is fierce!

25-07-2008
front row

Oh! Thanks for the video! I have never seen the interviews with Aliona!

10-09-2008
The future is stupid

source | nytimes

Quote:
September 10, 2008

Why the Editor of Russian Vogue Is Getting So Much Attention

By Ruth La Ferla

Fishing in her outsize tote, Aliona Doletskaya pulled out her iPhone. “Yes darling, fine darling, everything will go as planned,” she told her caller with the steely authority of a woman long accustomed to having her edicts followed.

In that instant she seemed a creature straight out of central casting, the lanky Slavic counterpart to Miranda Priestly of “The Devil Wears Prada.”

She is that — to a point, Ms. Doletskaya allowed. This is, after all, her 10th year as the editor of Russian Vogue, an experience, she added in a sexy whiskey tenor, that has not done much to soften her. “Fashion is a world in which everything is gorgeous, stunning, caramel on top of caramel, and cream on top of that,” she said. “But in reality you have to fire people, to say things that are not particularly nice. There is a contrast between what you do socially and what happens behind closed doors.”

Focused and formidably confident, Ms. Doletskaya, who has flitted in and out of the tents during Fashion Week, has been compared to her editorial counterparts at Vogue in Paris and New York. And her somewhat austere presence has fueled blog twittering that she is on a short list of likely successors to American Vogue editor Anna Wintour, should Ms. Wintour one day shrug off the mantle.

Lately those comparisons have placed Ms. Doletskaya under unaccustomed scrutiny. They arise in part from her impressive track record. Russian Vogue, introduced 10 years ago in a time of economic turmoil, now has a circulation estimated at 200,000. Its September issue carried some 340 pages of advertising.

Then there is her image. With her lithe physique, foxlike features and predilection for curve-skimming dresses, she appears to be cut from much the same cloth as Carine Roitfeld, the editor of Paris Vogue, whom she counts as a friend.

Seated front row center at the Diane Von Furstenberg show on Sunday, she studied the collection with an analytic eye, confiding in a whisper: “I love all the safari variations and the big tank tops. They are quite cool.” Ignoring several heads that turned in her direction, she went on blithely, “On the whole, the collection made me feel I was on holiday.”

Earlier that weekend, kicking off her Narciso platforms and resting her feet on a table at the Hotel Gansevoort, Ms. Doletskaya seemed to take the unaccustomed attention in stride. The rumors that she would one day replace Ms. Wintour are “pure fantasy, just that — someone else’s romantic notion.” And yet, in her own assessment, she is infinitely “adaptable,” so much so that one could imagine her stepping into Ms. Wintour’s towering boots.

As an editor, Ms. Doletskaya treads a fine line, hewing to the commercial demands of what is arguably the world’s most influential fashion franchise and, at the same time, catering to the tastes of her Russian readership.

An unlikely style maven, she holds a Ph.D. in comparative linguistics. And she strives to edit a magazine that reflects all that has historically defined the Russian style. The fashion pages in her September issue open with a portrait of Anna Selezneva, one of Russia’s most-sought-after models, photographed to resemble an icon — the religious kind.

That image is meant to reflect “the Byzantine past of the country,” Ms. Doletskaya said, “which, with its love of gilding, is really over he top.”

Yet in Moscow, where Vogue has its offices, tastes are shifting, as reflected by the stepped-up presence of American designers in her magazine. “The full-on extravagance, the red lipstick, the diamonds, the furs, all that is passé,” she said firmly. “The Russians are getting far more sophisticated.”

Ms. Doletskaya herself is intent on fostering those newly cosmopolitan tendencies. “What I want to say now to my readers is that we are part of the world,” she said, “no longer wild unfriendly creatures sitting behind a wall.”

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

Russian VOGUE's 10th Anniversary Party In Milan

Quote:

Aliona Doletskaya, editor of Russian Vogue, definitely got major wow for her ruble when she enlisted fashion PR Karla Otto to put together a party celebrating the magazine's tenth anniversary. Otto talked an architect friend into turning his house and garden over for the event. Turns out it was the place where Leonardo da Vinci lived while he was painting The Last Supper in Santa Maria delle Grazie, which was conveniently just across the street. Even native Milanese had no idea the place existed, so guests were appropriately awestruck by the interiors and a backyard that stretched into shadow and smelled like Mother Earth at her best. Frida Giannini felt sure she'd been in another garden where da Vinci allegedly prepped his masterpiece (maybe it's one of Milan's urban myths). She was one of the many designers—Ennio Capasa, Giles Deacon, Christopher Bailey—who came to pay tribute to Doletskaya's decade. A bow tie-sporting Stefano Gabbana insisted he'd popped out for just 15 minutes (the Dolce & Gabbana show is on Thursday), but he stayed much longer. The editors of the American and Italian editions of Vogue, Anna Wintour and Franca Sozzani, also stopped by. The Moscow-in-Milan clincher: shots of vodka and little bowls of caviar. Betcha couldn't eat just one.
— Tim Blanks

[style.com]

Last edited by sethii; 24-09-2008 at 07:11 AM.
24-09-2008
V.I.P.

At a fashion show in moscow

independent.co.uk

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
For Moscow's businesswomen, a powerful new role
By Fred Weir, The Christian Science Monitor

MOSCOW — Perhaps no other Russian businesswoman has been more upwardly mobile than Vogue magazine editor Alyona Doletskaya.
A decade ago her career path was unthinkable — her job didn't even exist. Ms. Doletskaya's trek to the top of Russia's burgeoning fashion world started in the musty corridors of Soviet academia and landed her in plush penthouse offices overlooking the Kremlin.

Her transformation from professor of linguistics to glitterati testifies to the dizzying new opportunities for women in Russia, which is seeing an unprecedented wave of newly successful female entrepreneurs and professionals. It's evident at Moscow's expensive sushi bars where women in designer suits cluster for lunch. It can be seen in the first-class cabins on international flights, in fitness clubs, and even in the offices' of cosmetic surgeons.

..."Things are changing drastically," says Ms. Doletskaya, editor in chief of the Russian edition of Vogue. "Younger women these days do not hang back or defer to men. They are investing themselves in careers and some are even arriving at the upper heights of management."

...Nor does the gender gap appear to be closing on the domestic front, according to many Russian women. Men have traditionally expected women to shoulder the burdens of housework and child rearing, while giving them little respect for professional accomplishments. "There's a lot of complacency about Russian men; they are changing much more slowly than women," says Doletskaya.
full article here

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...ia-women_x.htm

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

The Russian party Kauffman Night
Cote d'Azur August 4 2004

Alyona performs a vodka fueled traditional Russian folk dance (I guess )

(Sati Spivakova, Natalia Luchaninova, Mark Kaufman, Alena Doletskaya (Vogue Russia’s Chief editor)

\

vodkakauffman

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

She was a judge for Miss Russia 2007, her second time doing this.

nashfilm

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

She seems like a lot of fun

From an event in London which was for prominent members of the Russian business and media scene.

eventica

24-09-2008
V.I.P.

She was a judge for a russian book prize

Quote:
MOSCOW, Nov. 22 — A new Russian national book prize that claims to offer the second largest cash award, after the Nobel, was presented for the first time on Wednesday night...

full article here
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/23/bo...=1&oref=slogin

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aliona, doletskaya