How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2011
front row

Thanks so much for the new pics.

31-08-2011
trendsetter

I absolutly love Amanda's style.

I have had these two picts of her, with Lauren Santo Domingo, since ever on my computer but didn't knew her name until recently.

©style.com

©vogue.es

rising star

Fashion Week Style Diaries: Amanda Brooks of Barneys New York, Day One
"Getting dressed in the morning is the pleasure of my day during Fashion Week," says Amanda Brooks. As the fashion director of Barneys New York, Brooks has some of the most beautiful clothes at her fingertips, but it's really how she puts everything together that adds the extra layer of intrigue. Her knack for picking out just the right extras takes her outfits to a whole other place — usually one of offhanded elegance. "I really, really love to splurge on accessories in a huge way ," she says. We asked Brooks to document her outfits every day during Fashion Week, as she takes in a whirlwind of shows — starting today! Like what you see? The bag and shoes can be purchased at Barneys.

On Brooks: Brooks Brothers button-down (from the boys' department), vintage Chanel leather skirt, Azzedine Alaïa booties, Céline bag, Cartier and Philip Crangi bracelets, rings from Chanel and Brooks's father's grandmother, Chanel umbrella.
About the look: "It may sound like a cliché, but more and more I’m into re-inventing classic clothes with new accessories. Today I’m wearing a white cotton shirt from the boys' department at Brooks Brothers with a black leather pencil skirt from Chanel that I’ve had for years. But what makes this outfit feel right for today are my brand new sky-high Alaïa sandals and my black leather studded Céline bag, which I bought earlier this summer. I felt great until I walked into the first day of my kids’ school and felt completely out of place among the more casual moms in gym gear and sneakers. Oh well, you cant win ‘em all." [source]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a_250x375.jpg (96.9 KB, 20 views)

rising star

Fashion Week Style Diaries: Amanda Brooks of Barneys New York, Day Two
Picture 1.png
[source]

tailored

Quote:
In what is Barneys New York's Amanda Brooks's most casual outfit to date (it is Sunday, after all), the fashion director wore a pair of distressed jeans and a Céline baseball tee. Brooks also forgoes her beloved Céline bags, which she's carried for the past three days, for an over-sized, classic Chanel 2.55.
On Amanda: Céline tee-shirt, Current/Elliot jeans, mystery belt, Céline shoes, Chanel bag, and Derek Lam sunglasses.
About the look: "I am trying to channel my Sunday vibe as much as possible, even though it's a busy day. When I saw this Céline tee-shirt I had to buy it because the little tiger icon looks exactly like a lamp, yes a lamp, I had in my house as a child. And I wore these glasses as a shout-out to Derek Lam, who showed a stunning spring 2012 collection this morning."
nymag.com

tailored

Quote:
Today sees Barneys New York's fashion director Amanda Brooks solving a classic fashion dilemma: how to put together an outfit that's both day- and evening-appropriate. To wit, she simply mixed one of her mother's vintage lace blouses with her newly purchased Alaïa skirt for a look that's elegant, yet slightly playful. Brooks polished everything off with a pair of black pumps and her favorite pair of sunglasses.
On Amanda: Céline sunglasses, vintage Sonia Rykiel blouse, Azzedine Alaïa skirt, and Azzedine Alaïa shoes.
About the look: "Today I’m more dressy than usual because Barneys is hosting an event tonight, and I wont have time to go home and change. My outfit started with this Alaïa skirt that I just bought — its wool but I couldn’t wait to wear it. Naturally, it looks great with my favorite Alaïa heels. And then to add something different, I dug out this eighties Sonia Rykiel lace blouse that was once my mother’s. I have vivid memories of her wearing it, so its fun to channel that look and time."
nymag.com

trendsetter

^ amazing look!!

backstage pass

harpersbazaar.com

14-09-2011
flaunt the imperfection..

14-09-2011
front row

How gorgeous that she's wearing her Mum's blouse! I love outfits with a story. Plus the look is just amazing - I'm not surprised she couldn't wait to wear the Alaia skirt!

12-10-2011
trendsetter

Could anyone ID this top Amanda was wearing at The Row dinner party? TIA

©vogue

trendsetter

©Phil Oh/streetpeeper

trendsetter

@Paris Fashion Week

©elle

V.I.P.

twitter.com/BarneysFASHION

Phillip Lim boots and fur belt, Proenza sweater, and my new Alaia skirt.

15-11-2011
tfs star

I like her best when she's a bit roughed up and not so uptown. Sporting the somber, mussed up piano teacher look here:

dressologyhq.blogspot

( another shot of her in those fantastic silk pajama pants) :

whowhatwear.com

Physically she reminds me a lot of Cindy Sherman with a very informed, eclectic although less original dress sense...

tinkledrop.blogspot

Last edited by ellastica; 15-11-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amanda, brooks