How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

grazia.it

25-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
GIRL GONE WILD
TO MARK THE LAUNCH OF HER H&M COLLECTION, ANNA DELLO RUSSO, THE UNOFFICIAL ACCESSORIES QUEEN, OPENS HER DRAWERS.

Anna Dello Russo, the Italian style icon perennially adorned to the hilt, has never encountered a sparkling bag or bauble that she didn’t like. Her collection of extraordinary accessories is so vast that she keeps a separate apartment in Milan just for storage in. “I am like a guardian of fashion,” she explains. “I collect it as if it’s my job.” Dello Russo has translated this unabashed taste for excess into a wonderfully over-the-top accessories line for H&M, debuting next month. Among the fanciful offerings: a green feathered headpiece, traffic-stopping thigh-high stiletto boots, cat’s-eye sunglasses with bedazzled alligators on the brow, and a baroque gold- and-turquoise trolley in which to carry it all. “Every piece has to be fun—otherwise why would someone buy it?” she says. To better understand her creative process, we asked Dello Russo to walk us through some of the sensational loot.

RAZZLE-DAZZLE
“I don’t like bijoux when they look modern—I love Elizabeth Taylor–era jewels from Harry Winston or Bulgari or David Webb. But they have to be well done, so they’re hard to find. There used to be a big market for American pieces from the fifties and sixties and Italian ones from the seventies, but not anymore—you have to go to flea markets and antiquaries to find the right ones [like those above]. Of course, I also adore real jewels, and I have a collection of those, though it’s not as big as I wish.”

MAD HATTER
“For a long time, we didn’t wear headpieces. Why not? They’re such an important part of fashion. I’m totally crazy for them—I have ones from Alan Journo, Piers Atkinson, Philip Treacy—but in order to store them properly, I had to start buying heads, and then wigs [left]. So now my collection is a little scary. A veil gives you a very sensual attitude, like what a high heel does for a leg. Of course it’s difficult to eat or drink when you’re wearing one. But it’s so chic, I don’t care.”

CARRYALL
“The concept for the H&M collection [some pieces shown above] was to make your daily life like a Fashion Week. So, I started with a trolley to fit everything in: five pairs of shoes, three gold clutches, three pairs of sunglasses, a headpiece, lots of jewelry, a beauty case, an umbrella, a diary with illustrations by the fashion blogger Lula, and a cute shopping bag to carry with you when you buy more stuff. It’s pretty expansive, but I’m known for exaggeration.”

SOLE CYCLE
“When I moved from my old apartment 10 years ago, I counted my shoes—4,000 pairs. This cabinet [left] is a window display of my mood now, which is all about fun, shiny shoes. I have lots of Yves Saint Laurent, Louboutin, Prada…I can’t say which is my favorite; I like the look of all of them together. It’s great therapy for my eyes.”
wmagazine

front row

Thanks for sharing! Always great to see her collections and wishing you had it all too

26-09-2012
fashion elite

The look on #106 is just amazing.
Dsquared2 right?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
The look on #106 is just amazing.
Dsquared2 right?
right

V.I.P.

^ I know. And you would think those colours wouldn't work but they so do.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

tumblr:
tfsissue
mrtuft

V.I.P.

her closet how much i want to raid that!! haha

V.I.P.

grazia.it

V.I.P.

harpersbazaar.com

V.I.P.

Balenciaga S/S 13 Paris - front row

vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

The Aquilano.Rimondi outfit is sooo great...so chic and polished yet so extravagant

backstage pass

OMG the Armani jumpsuit...yes please!

V.I.P.

That blue handbag is gorgeous. Anyone got an ID please?

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Please ADR, keep wearing the longer lengths and pants! Looks so much lovelier (...just don't like the way the knee wrinkles look...pet peeve :p). I think she looks nice in that colourful pant look above.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, dello, russo