How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2011
Automated Thread Manager

Anna Dello Russo (February 2011 - November 2011)
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

04-02-2011
V.I.P.

Anna Dello Russo (#2) Fashion Director at Large & Creative Consultant, Vogue Nippon
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
Thank you.

Quote:
Italian phenomenon Anna Dello Russo is like a glittery, studded, crystal-encrusted, mini-skirted one-woman fashion version of Brangelina. Wherever she goes, a trail of photographers follow. She’s also kind of like a prettier version of Karl Lagerfeld, with a reputation for giving the same did-she-really-just-say-that? soundbites that make you wish all fashion types were so candid. The editor-at-large of Vogue Japan reveals her fashion month strategy.

Plan (way) ahead
“Outfits are my job. I plan them one season ahead. By May, I have my September wish list. By the time the September shows arrive, I’ve come back from holiday and don’t want to cover up! I want to show off my tan and sun kissed hair. Fashion isn’t relaxed, but New York is the most urban. There you focus on a statement piece. There’s no mix and match. Milan is total freedom as I have access to my wardrobe and Paris is the place to be fashionable to the highest degree. It’s over the top and you can really push yourself. You are expected to put on an eccentric show. Walk around Place Vendome in Paris in haute couture and you’ll feel fantastic.” ‘Talk to the sharks’
“I wasn’t used to the attention at first. I’ve been around for 20 years. And for the first 10, nobody noticed me. And I promise you, I wore beautiful clothes then. Photographers, paparazzi, bloggers — they just ‘happened’. Why they didn’t follow me when I was younger, I don’t know! I used to be terrified of having my picture taken but now, I get mad if I don’t. I’m like, ‘Oh la la … they don’t like my outfit?!’ When you step out and there are all these people — Mamma Mia! — it’s like walking toward a sea of sharks. I relax, take it easy and play with them… you must talk to the sharks.”
Act like you do in church
“Fiddling with your phone is just rude. Being at a fashion show is a bit like being in church; you have to be there and listen. I love it most when I’m seated next to Carine [Roitfeld]. She’s so funny. Whenever I’m seated next to her, I’m like, ‘Allez!’”
Go for the highest first
“My all-time best front row moment was getting a seat at Balenciaga. Few people get invited and the impact of the show is so much stronger from the front row as you actually get to see the silhouettes.”
Exercise fashionable restraint
“I don’t carry a big bag to the shows, just a clutch. In it I carry my lipstick, my phone and a little notebook in case I need to remember something. I also carry water and almonds so that I can nibble without getting dirty. I don’t really have last minute beauty fixes because when I go out, I’m perfect and leave it at that. I don’t brush my hair or wear too much make up or perfume.”
Give the ultimate fashion face
“Working in fashion you learn to lie. You’re an actress and must remain impassable whether you love the collection or not. Out of respect and politeness we behave like wax works from Madame Tussauds, devoid of expression or emotion. Who cares what I like? It should be about the evolution of the designer, nothing more.”
kenyasstyle.com

04-02-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS today: Prada Stoles are Stealing Hearts of Fashion Insiders

05-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionPower View Post
Give the ultimate fashion face
“Working in fashion you learn to lie. You’re an actress and must remain impassable whether you love the collection or not. Out of respect and politeness we behave like wax works from Madame Tussauds, devoid of expression or emotion. Who cares what I like? It should be about the evolution of the designer, nothing more.
I like this quote.

05-02-2011
V.I.P.

^me too. It shows that she's truly professional.

06-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

while this may explain why editors act like they do, it doesn't explain the stoney expressions of the celebrity lot.

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

A new thread?
Great

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

HOLY SH!T
She was in Rome!!!I think I just missed my chance to meet her

twitter/annadellorusso

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

^ Oh no it's like she's a regular person. The Illusion is broken.

No seriously she looks great there. I need bag ID. The handle looks interesting.

06-02-2011
front row

I think bag is a Dolce&Gabbana top handle.

06-02-2011
tfs star

She looks gorgeous. It's great to see her wearing "normal" clothes.

06-02-2011
front row

^ I agree

06-02-2011
tfs star

Finally!!!
I wanted to see her for so long as flesh&blood person for so long and not the mannequin-Anna!

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

I don't like that outfit, looks like Miroslava... I would've loved to see her walking on a gold McQueen dress in the middle of Rome, THAT would be amazing!

07-02-2011
fashion insider

It's strange not seeing Anna all dolled up in the middle of the day but I really like this casual look on her.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, anna, dello, february, november, russo