Anna Wintour (January 2005 - March 2010) - Page 102 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
05-04-2008
front row

what do you think - is anna nice or not? i know that a lot of people in the fashion industry hate her and tell shes not nice, but i mean, thats her job - she has to be hard, she has to make decisions. for sure its hard to say you like somebody or not when you dont know him/her personally, but whenever ive read something anna wrote or when i see her in interviews, she seems very nice and kind of childish to me. i guess if anna was a man nobody would complain about her behaviour... *g*

05-04-2008
fashion elite

^you don't have to be a b**** to get things done. The French Vogue girls are notoriously all sweethearts, and they manage to produce a first-class magazine. Anna's tendency to treat underlings like manure and to backstab collaborators is just unnecessary.
However, you are right in saying that if she were a man, people wouldn't even bat a eyelid.

05-04-2008
V.I.P.

in USA: women in high positions have the most difficult task to not only get takened seriously but almost always have to stand firm grounds in a male dominated corporate world.

*true. if Anna was a man no one would complain.

05-04-2008
fashion elite

^I agree with you point concerning professional women in the US. However, I don't see how her rancid attitude serves her credibility in any way. I am not suggesting she starts being BBF with everybody she works with but what stops her from treating employers with a minimum of human decency and warmth or showing at least some kind of loyalty to people who have help her?

05-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartarse View Post
in USA: women in high positions have the most difficult task to not only get takened seriously but almost always have to stand firm grounds in a male dominated corporate world.

*true. if Anna was a man no one would complain.
Maybe but I doubt that Italy or France are much better. These social wounds take time to heal in Europe as well as the US.

05-04-2008
Tobias Funke

cant take my eyes off her necklace, i wonder how much she paid for it or if she got one of those deals wheres editors get their stuff for a cheaper price than everyone else

prestodots

NeverNude

05-04-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbellastyle View Post
Fashion industry in the U.S. is about money. Fashion industry in Europe is about fashion, full stop.
This is such an inaccurate statement. How can you say that Chanel is about fashion, when it excludes potential customers by jacking up prices FAR higher than the actual worth of the goods? What about H&M? You cannot honestly make this statement!

And besides, it has nothing to do with Anna Wintour! :p

I can't say whether or not she's nice... I haven't met the lady. All I can say is that a woman in the US can successfully run a business and gain respect without histrionics.

06-04-2008
V.I.P.

Let's not dwell too much on Anna's character. Everyone has their own faults. Look at the Vogue editors: Anna's rude, Carine's shallow, and even Franca had her own little scandal...

07-04-2008
trendsetter

At the Murakami opening at the Brooklyn Museum

style

07-04-2008
Making a Mess

Alright I know this is going to sound strange and in no way do I mean this in a negative way but everytime I see a picture of her all I think is how much she resembles a kangaroo. Weird I know. I think its her exaggerated features. Some people have duck face or pig face, Anna has a case of kangaroo face.

07-04-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
Let's not dwell too much on Anna's character. Everyone has their own faults. Look at the Vogue editors: Anna's rude, Carine's shallow, and even Franca had her own little scandal...
And Anna P.!! :p

14-04-2008
Margiela's Muse

I'm reading Jerry Oppenheimer's biography on her right now. It doesn't paint a pretty picture, but she really intrigues me.

15-04-2008
front row

"The Hands Up for Darfur charity runway show created by Oxford students is a great example of something I've always believed in; that fashion conscious can also mean having a conscience," says editor-in-chief of American Vogue, who recently visited the historic university to speak at the Oxford Union - and who has helped in securing designs from some of the fashion world's most established designers to showcase at the event

http://vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story...asp?stid=51986

(vogue.co.uk)

16-04-2008
trendsetter

Gap Design Editions Launch:

style

16-04-2008
DŌMMkammern

^^fw08 chanel already... but not ripped, is it?

style.com

(looks good imo... even if the belt looks somewhat like a plane safety-belt...)

Last edited by Dkammern; 16-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, anna, january, march, wintour