How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-09-2005
windowshopping

i'd love to work with her!... how cool would not be ! i would learn so much!
im only 17

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Read 'The Devil Wears Prada' and change your mind! haha

That book is a real story, but the author changed Anna's name. But it says on the cover it's Anna Wintour. =/ The woman is a bitch.

28-09-2005
V.I.P.

Very true miss artemis! A cold, hard, bitch. Maybe she was the inspiration for that Jet song, Cold Hard Bitch....

30-09-2005
loaded and locked

well, not *everything* in that book was true... laura w. embellished quite a few things... according to the anna w biography, laura was never sent to walk her dogs or anything.. i have a love/hate relationship when it comes to ms wintour, thats for sure

04-10-2005
backstage pass

i always wonder when people of such high stature get such bad reputations - has anyone at tfs come into contact with this icyness? i to have read the devil wears prada and found it so badly written that i couldn't really believe half the stuff that went on - much like farenheight 9/11 from the ever propogating mr. moore...... so maybe this is all propoganda? this new 'biography' isn't from a reliable author either...... but maybe all this (hope) is because i hope to one day work for US vogue (because of it status not fashion abitily i agree with previous posts on that one, although i am quite fond of grace coddingtons work) and i hope i don't have to work for someone with that much of a bitchy personality !

so yeah.... again has anyone actually other than personal like/ dislike of her work had any experiences with this so called bitch?

05-10-2005
windowshopping

Ugh, just seeing her makes me cringe. I don't know what it is, but she gives me the creeps big-time. I don't even know the woman, but she seems to give off this bad aura even in photographs.

Or maybe it's because I spent a long time working for she-devils who made my life miserable. Power-hungry women are some of the most foul people to work for in any capacity. *shudder*

ETA: LOL, I just found this link of her taking a spill at the US Open:

http://www.jossip.com/gossip/anna-wi...s-20050908.php

Last edited by icicle; 05-10-2005 at 01:21 AM.

09-10-2005
tfs star

Fur fury claims more fashion victims

French animal rights activists hit Anna Wintour, editor of the US edition of Vogue, in the face with a cream pie today in protest against her support for the use of animal fur by the fashion industry.

Wintour, dressed in a fur-trimmed black jacket, was hit in the face with a tofu cream pie as she left the Chloe fashion ready-to-wear show at the Tuileries Gardens in central Paris, members of the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) said.

It was the second such attack this year on Wintour, an unapologetic fur supporter decried by animal rights groups as a "pelt pusher".

"Wintour is fur-bearing animals' worst enemy because her magazine continues to feature dozens of pags of pro-fur editorials and advertising each year," PETA campaigner Yvonne Taylor told Reuters by phone in Paris.

"She takes big glossy advertisements for fur and she refuses to run any anti-fur ads, even paid ones, so she's a big fur supporter," Taylor said.

Wintour was unavailable for comment on the incident.

smh.com.au

09-10-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by petite and sweet
Has anyone from the Fashion Spot worked for Anna Wintour?
I haven't but I've heard she isn't the nicest person to work with if you are starting out in the fashion world. Apparently she refuses to talk to interns and lower position workers. She will only hire skinny people to work for Vogue. She has fired people for coming to work in cheap shoes(anything but choos or manolos). From what I've heard she is a tyrant.

however,I disagree with what peta is doing. How immature can they get? It doesn't even seem like they care about animal rights,if their strategies consist of throwing cream pies and other ridicilous stuff like that. Bunch of losers.

09-10-2005
backstage pass

Does anyone know which things were actually true in The Devil Wears Prada or not? Which were completely fabricated? Has it ever been confirmed or something?

10-10-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcarina
I haven't but I've heard she isn't the nicest person to work with if you are starting out in the fashion world. Apparently she refuses to talk to interns and lower position workers. She will only hire skinny people to work for Vogue. She has fired people for coming to work in cheap shoes(anything but choos or manolos). From what I've heard she is a tyrant.

however,I disagree with what peta is doing. How immature can they get? It doesn't even seem like they care about animal rights,if their strategies consist of throwing cream pies and other ridicilous stuff like that. Bunch of losers.
I've heard the same thing about her dislike for fat people when I saw ALT being interviewed by Oprah. About PETA, I also disagree with their tactics. I think it undermines their point. I don't think an assault on another person is the right way to go. Just my .02

11-10-2005
trendsetter

I love Anna Wintour!!! She's not afraid of what anyone thinks- and she dresses amazingly well!!!!

17-10-2005
scenester

i wonder what has happedn to interns in the past who have tried to talk to wintour?? would be curious to hear that one..

19-10-2005
V.I.P.

yes it is immature of peta throwing a pie, but you got to admit it that snob derserves a tofu pie in the face. i would have loved to be there...can you imagine her reaction and embarrasment!

20-10-2005
V.I.P.

I am not convinced with her bad rep. I think when you are a powerful person and more importantly a woman, it's easy to get accused of bitchiness. I have seen a documentary on her and she seemed very eloquent so that puts paid to the can't write rumours. Still, she can be judged on her work and US Vogue is just embarrassing...

21-10-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishahoi
well, not *everything* in that book was true... laura w. embellished quite a few things... according to the anna w biography, laura was never sent to walk her dogs or anything.. i have a love/hate relationship when it comes to ms wintour, thats for sure
totally agree. A love//hate relationship.
Or it's easier to say.. I love her works... and the way she always look good even with that same ol'boring hair style..
about her and her life.. since she's a pretty nobody in my life,
I don't give a damn..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, anna, january, march, wintour