How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-07-2011
backstage pass

Regarding the Alaia banning thing, I am 100% that the Vogue team wouldn't go even without Wintour ban. The whole team knows what's going on between Anna and Alaia, and insulting Anna and mentioning Vogue US is basically trashing the whole magazine. So why would they go anyway?

09-07-2011
V.I.P.

That article is pure sensationalism of the story. Why should she ban her her team, if they weren't even invited? Haha at least try and be more credible when trying hard to create further drama.

09-07-2011
V.I.P.

Anna looks fabulous with her niece; the green really suits her.

This Alaia thing, while juicy, is a real shame, imo. Hate to see a talented designer and a magazine maverick on the outs. : /

09-07-2011
fashion insider

Alaia, who needs you?
Anna is the BEST.

09-07-2011
trendsetter

I can't decide if it was witty or boring of Anna to wear the exact same look to the Harry Potter premiere as she did to the Webby Awards (where she was photographed with Daniel Radcliffe). (I don't dislike the look, and applaud her for recycling outfits, but the Webby Awards and HP awards weren't that many weeks apart.)

I normally don't care for her in Chanel but she rocked the suit she wore to recieve the Legion d'Honneur award. It was so perfect for her.

10-07-2011
D‘MMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Anyone know if all of those necklaces she is wearing are by Balenciaga?
They aren't Balenciaga. It has been mentioned in this thread (ages ago). Anna collects them and they are all ancient pieces.

More info here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=115

She used to wear them one by one, but recently she's been mixing them a lot! I like how it looks!

10-07-2011
V.I.P.

^ Woah had no idea, i thought i saw her wearing more than one Balenciaga necklace, but thanks for that. I love how it looks as well.

11-07-2011
V.I.P.

she really has such good taste, i have always admired those necklaces since i first saw them on her

11-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Anna 'memoir' sets off buzz

Chatter among fashionistas is that Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour is preparing to release her memoir after 23 years at the helm of the Condť Nast fashion bible.

Sources said Wintour was interviewing authors to collaborate on the project as early as last spring. Other insiders speculate Vogue fashion news director Mark Holgate, Wintour's right hand on various editorial projects, would collaborate with her.

While a Vogue rep said it's "absolutely not true" that Wintour is shopping a memoir, insiders are already anticipating it and speculating about who would have the coveted honor of writing the book's foreword.

One source told us, "She'll never choose just one designer," meaning Wintour would never favor one over another.
The famously shy Wintour has opened up significantly in recent years, letting cameras film her for a 2009 documentary, "The September Issue," a lengthy "60 Minutes" interview with Morley Safer, and a recent profile in WSJ Magazine.

Wintour's longtime creative director, Grace Coddington, was working on her own memoir with former Men's Vogue writer Jay Fielden, but put the project aside once Fielden became editor-in-chef of Town & Country. Wintour was in Europe this week to attend the Paris Couture fashion shows, but she and the rest of Vogue's editors skipped French designer Azzedine Alaia's presentation Thursday morning.

Wintour instead attended the London premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2," starring Emma Watson, Vogue's July cover girl.
Alaia has been at war with Wintour in recent years. Last month, sounding bitter, she told Virgine magazine, "American women love me; I don't need her support at all . . . Other people think like me but don't say it, because they are afraid that Vogue won't photograph them. Anyway, who will remember Anna Wintour in the history of fashion? No one." A rep for Vogue had no comment on Alaia.
nypost.com

11-07-2011
Fashion Designer

Front page on tFS today: No One Knows Whether or Not Anna Wintour is Writing a Memoir, But Everyone's Talking About It

12-07-2011
front row

i think she'd never do something like that while still at Vogue...

13-07-2011
backstage pass

I think Anna could be putting things in order to have one written but to be quite honest I doubt she'd publish it while still at Vogue. I think she'd wait till she was out, sort of her partig gift.

13-07-2011
trendsetter

i have a question......How many shows approx does Anna go to per season....she obviously dosent go to them all. Im aware that she goes to the obvious, The Old hands: Oscar, Ralph Lauren, Carolina Hererra and Donna Karen. Also the show-stoppers: Chanel, Balenciaga, Prada...and I know she goes to some of the 'New Talent' like Proenza and Rodarte...but is there any large enough names that she DOSENT attend?

15-07-2011
V.I.P.

^i have never seen her at Elie Saab, for instance, and Alaia (obviously)....

17-07-2011
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Did anybody else in the States see her bit on 60 Minutes tonight? I quite enjoyed it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, anna, february, march, wintour