How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-08-2011
front row

seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39g5i...rec_grec_index

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

^great video, thanks for posting! i just wish it was longer, i always enjoy hearing her talk...

03-08-2011
fashion icon

^ Me too... I am also always fascinated by that blow dry.

03-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
^i have never seen her at Elie Saab, for instance, and Alaia (obviously)....
Same here. I think she has a problem with Saab, perhaps a fight in the past or something? If you read reviews for older Elie Saab shows on style.com you would notice how they're quite negative and written in a sarcastic tone. I think Wintour might have had some influence on what the writers wrote about Saab shows.

03-08-2011
fashion insider

She is so calm, but, why everybody is wearing Prada?

05-08-2011
fashion icon

So I have to just share this with everyone here because I'm super excited about it but... I saw Anna Wintour yesterday! I hope you don't mind if I describe the encounter because I've never really seen someone famous who I consider my idol before and I don't know anyone who would understand how excited I was.

My mom and I were waiting in line at the Met for the Alexander McQueen exhibit which seemed to go on and on forever. We were standing near some very precious pieces of artwork and could see Monet’s waterlilies in the other room when I turned to say something to my mom. But then I felt a ripple effect sort of go through the crowd because everyone suddenly seemed to stand up straighter and went silent. And as I turned to the right there she was, my idol, Mrs. Anna Wintour! I couldn’t believe my eyes because it was such a shock. She was wearing a classic tweed Chanel dress (in a greenish color) and jacket with her iconic black sunglasses frames. And she seemed much shorter and tinier in person but at the same time quite grand and imposing. Very rarely it is said that Anna smiles however I did catch a little tinge of one as she spoke to the man next to her (someone else from Vogue but I haven’t quite figured out who it was yet even though I did recognize him). As she made her way through the hall with her little entourage I craned my neck just to catch one more glimpse of her. Honestly seeing her was so surreal that I almost feel like it was a bit of a dream. Like I dreamt this up however I know this isn’t so because my mother and the women next to us both reassured me it wasn’t. So seeing Anna Wintour was certainly a highlight of my trip (besides the glorious Alexander McQueen exhibit).

06-08-2011
front row

oh,wow...so happy for you!and i totally get your excitement!i'd probably go numb and then pass out if i were you...i mean,it's Anna(only her and Madonna can get me that much starstuck)

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

^^omg, thanks for sharing this!! i'm really jealous! did you manage to take a pic of her, by any chance?

i also wonder why she was there, perhaps to see the exhibition again before it closes?

Last edited by liberty33r1b; 06-08-2011 at 10:22 AM.

06-08-2011
fashion icon

Thanks fashion debutant and Liberty33r1b! I wish I had gotten a picture but I didn't have enough time to whip out my camera before she was gone. I was wondering the same thing, why she was there, maybe to see the exhibit again or even something related to Vogue? It is after all the most popular exhibit the Met's ever had so maybe they want to honor that? Who knows. But yeah, I was so excited, practically bouncing up and down after she left the hall. Although I did manage to stay pretty composed while I was in her line of view mainly I think because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

What a nice story YoninahAliza! Thank you for sharing.

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

cool encounter!! I really wonder what she did there during "tourist season"...

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

At Federer's US Open match last night:

Styleite

30-08-2011
on the come up

Bee's there too!

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

She goes to a lot of his matches with her mum.

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

she loves that necklace

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, anna, february, march, wintour