How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-05-2010
windowshopping

How dare you insult Anna Wintour. No! I take that back because the woman has been under fire ever since see came to prominence. There is nothing unique about disliking Wintour. Granted, she is a shrewd, harsh, bitch who relies heavily on people with more talent and experience than she but such a role demands immense fortitude and foresight, for which she is famous, respected, and admired. As editor-in-chief of a $300 billion industry, she carries the crown of Queen of fashion with considerable grace and poise. Very few people can do the job. You see her with every major designer, you see her launching the careers of newer designers, you see her with stars and musicians, and she holds sway over all of them. She is probably the second most powerful woman in America, aside from Oprah. Maybe Michelle Obama has more influence but Obama doesn't even control whether or not her husband smokes, let alone the entire fashion universe. As for not liking Vogue...are you even into fashion?

08-05-2010
windowshopping

I am into style, not fashion. I can justify spending over $10K on a piece of clothing, but it must be a timeless item, such as a bespoke suit. I like the art of permanent fashion. I shouldn't have to chase after clothing out of all things, I should not have to replace items I buy.

Last edited by kimair; 09-05-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: deleted off topic talk

09-05-2010
fashion icon

I adore the photographs of Anna dancing!

11-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by editorinchief View Post
How dare you insult Anna Wintour. No! I take that back because the woman has been under fire ever since see came to prominence. There is nothing unique about disliking Wintour. Granted, she is a shrewd, harsh, bitch who relies heavily on people with more talent and experience than she but such a role demands immense fortitude and foresight, for which she is famous, respected, and admired. As editor-in-chief of a $300 billion industry, she carries the crown of Queen of fashion with considerable grace and poise. Very few people can do the job. You see her with every major designer, you see her launching the careers of newer designers, you see her with stars and musicians, and she holds sway over all of them. She is probably the second most powerful woman in America, aside from Oprah. Maybe Michelle Obama has more influence but Obama doesn't even control whether or not her husband smokes, let alone the entire fashion universe. As for not liking Vogue...are you even into fashion?
agreed

11-05-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by farou7a View Post
agreed
I also agree!

11-05-2010
on the come up

^Me three. I don't think any of us is in blind adulation of Anna. There is a reason she's still up there to this day.

19-05-2010
V.I.P.

I love her doc, I adore her poise, her manner, her authority. Love her delicate features, so petite. Love her love for colour. She's a great inspiration

Last edited by Carrme; 19-05-2010 at 07:43 PM.

20-05-2010
V.I.P.

does anybody know where i can stream the deleted 90mins scenes from the sept issue doc.?!?

20-05-2010
front row

At the opening of Topshop in Knightbridge, London

(vogue.co.uk)

20-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
*spits out drink*

Hero-worship much?

On a side note, I disagree with the notion that you have to be a b*tch in order to be a powerful woman. I disagree with the general notion that you need to be nasty to people in order to climb and maintain your position at the top of the pecking order.

But satisfaction brought it back

Last edited by eternitygoddess; 20-05-2010 at 10:48 PM.

20-05-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by farou7a View Post
does anybody know where i can stream the deleted 90mins scenes from the sept issue doc.?!?
xtshare ?

24-05-2010
V.I.P.

^ thanks. ill look it up

24-05-2010
V.I.P.

tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com

24-05-2010
fashion icon

I like her on the cover of Industrie magazine... she looks quite powerful and totally awsome! Most people I don't think can pull off wearing sunglasses on a cover of a mag, except for Anna!

25-05-2010
windowshopping

When I think "Anna Wintour", I remember all that wonderful pictures I've been seeing in USAVogue for years and years: Anne Leibovitz, Irving Penn, Helmut Newton, Steven Meisel, Steven Klein... Pictures that made history, and now are art. I don't think in angels or demons, but in someone thats makes things happens.
USA Vogue isn't the best magazine, the most modern, the avant-gard one. USAVogue is the Bible. Follow or not, as you wish, but it's the Bible.
She is our DV. And we love to hate our idoles...
(But the MET Chanel-courtains was a big mistake. I'd prefer a vintage YSL, toujours)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, anna, february, march, wintour