How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

i'd rahter read that interview in french.
if anyone can find a link. thanx

03-10-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASHIONLOVA View Post
i'd rahter read that interview in french.
if anyone can find a link. thanx
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/2...-etre-achetee/

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

having you own magazine is not the same as working for someone else's. that's why she's starting her own, i think she wanted to have all the freedom to do whatever she wants.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragolas View Post

thanx a lot

03-10-2011
rising star

The Gentlewoman
CR is also in the latest issue of The Gentlewoman.

03-10-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Another interview in French from Les Inrockuptibles

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Regarding the last two posts, this is really getting too much. I know she has a book to promote but how many new things does she have to say in her 50 recent interviews?

04-10-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
That's what I don't understand either. She said she left VP after ten years to do something different and now she's going to create a new magazine? Many of her recent statements are kind of pretentious and that's why she's starting to annoy me.
My sentiments exactly! The only thing new about that is a NEW MAGAZINE and that doesn`t coincide with how she used the word NEW in NEW THINGS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
The fact she is going to make magazine makes me more sure that she was fired from Vogue Paris and she didn't left it.
I agree with you as well.

Quote:
Regarding the last two posts, this is really getting too much. I know she has a book to promote but how many new things does she have to say in her 50 recent interviews?
Exactly! It`s one and the same. Same styling, same idea, same thoughts on the interview. I`m getting tired of her. She`s everywhere. She seriously needs to rest

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
If you were in her place, if you had book coming out and if every major magazine & news sites were interested in it what would you do?

There's always someone who is having moment for some specific time, now it's her time, she is using it, everyone would do the same, because it won't last forever. Industry make her what she is after leaving magazine, everyone says she's best, she's icon, it's status given by other people.

Anyways, I still love her and can't wait to see her magazine.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
That's what I don't understand either. She said she left VP after ten years to do something different and now she's going to create a new magazine? Many of her recent statements are kind of pretentious and that's why she's starting to annoy me.
Maybes realized how much she missed publishing.

Personally, I can't get enough of Carine's interviews, mentioning something informative each time. Not to mention the anticipation of Irreverant - which I have yet to order.

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

I agree with you, vogue28. I'm always looking forward to her interviews. Can't wait for Irreverent....just a couple more weeks!

With regards to a new magazine, I'm sure we can expect something completely different then what she styled for Vogue. Very exciting!

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

from her interview you can tell she has a close relationship with Tom Ford, all she talks about is Gucci and him

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

i dont mind reading all these interviews it's like she's an actress doing a press tour to promote her movie which in her case is her book.

she makes a lot of sense in her interviews

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Wayne Tippetts

-----------------------

Leaving one magazine for another (especially one she might head up) is the same as leaving a job as a buyer, banker, teacher, to go to a different company, bank or school. She will be surrounded by different people; there will be different policies and rules; she'll be in a new setting. It is the same as any person leaving a job in one place to do a similar job elsewhere. Maybe it's to get away from an awful boss, or from office politics, or maybe to make more money. I don't see what the concern is if Carine leaves one magazine to begin or go to another magazine. It's nonetheless an entirely new experience.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Harpers Bazaar

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, carine, roitfeld