How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Daphne Javitch
I wanted to start a thread for the beautiful creator of Ten Undies who has awesome style.

Photo Credit: Tales of Endearment

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Credit: All the Pretty Birds

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Credit: Mark D. Sikes

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Credit: Vogue Online

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Credit: W Magazine Online

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Credit - Billy Farrel Agency

01-05-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Girl-about-town Natalie Joos spends her days casting for shows like Zac Posen and Karen Walker and editorials for the likes of Mario Sorrenti and Mariano Vivanco, but her passion is vintage clothing. Joos’ blog, Tales of Endearment spotlights her “Muses,” impeccably styled girls and guys who share her secondhand obsession. In a new partnership with Style.com, Tales of Endearment’s subjects discuss their shoots right here on Style File.

When Natalie Joos asked her latest muse, TEN underwear designer Daphne Javitch, to sum up her personal style, Javitch only needed two words: “chic muppet.” If you’re trying to picture exactly what that looks like, you aren’t the only one. The “chic” part of that equation, however, is clear. Javitch, a New York native, counts Jane Birkin, Goldie Hawn, and Lee Radziwill as style inspirations, and she’s got a large collection of vintage pieces, with several Stephen Sprouse (her favorite designer) numbers in the mix. The “muppet” element, we’re guessing, comes from her tenure as a costume designer before launching TEN (which can be found on the racks at Opening Ceremony). “I like clothing with a narrative, and not too serious,” she tells Joos. Here, she explains her look and what’s on her Christmas wish list with Style.com.

—Kristin Studeman
How does your work as a designer influence your personal style?
My work and my personal style are totally intertwined. TEN is inspired by my spirit and style icons like Romy Schneider, Diane Keaton, Jane Birkin, Goldie Hawn, and Lee Radziwill—smart, playful, and straightforward women. The imagery, narratives, and ideas that inspire my personal style flow directly into my work.

What’s next for TEN?
We recently released our first bra and are adding two new bottoms this spring. I’m customizing the Spring ’12 colors now.

Do you collect any type of vintage items in particular?
I collect vintage nightgowns. I like to wear them as dresses in the summer with bright undies showing through. I also collect small purses—teeny-tiny ones because I think they’re funny and they cheer up any outfit.

What’s your favorite vintage piece you own?
My favorite piece? I can’t choose. I have two vintage white T-shirts that I love. They remind me of Jackie O. on the beach or on a boat in the summer.

What’s on your Christmas wish list?
My Christmas wish is to be close to the people I love—cozy, warm, and laughing.

Finish this thought: What’s old is new again when…?
You give it away.

Article and Images Credit: Style.com

02-05-2014
trendsetter

Photo Credit: Style Like U

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
daphne, javitch