How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-09-2012
girl who fell to earth

She looks a million times cooler when she throws on a tough leather jacket

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

self service

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

stockholmstreetstyle

27-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

^That look is so cute.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Wow, that outfit seems so un-Emmanuelle, but so chic and effortless. I think what makes the outfit so different is the boots.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

^Agree. when scrolling down the page i was expecting to see her usual pointy heels..it's a nice change

27-09-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Agreed, not only about the slight change in footwear but the change to a brown blazer instead of a grey/black one. Her best look so far this fashion season for me.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

I like last outfit so much.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

I think the last outfit is boring, but I like that we're getting a pic of
a different look than we normally see her in.
Nothing special IMO though.

27-09-2012
fashion insider

After seeing her legs in that last picture I have to say that I think those baggy leather pants she wore earlier were horribly unflattering! She has got great legs, but judging by the look of her in the previous pants you would never have guessed it.

27-09-2012
front row

I really, really like that last look. It's the epitome of her 'casual chic' look, but in a much more casual way. I feel like this is something she'd wear in to the office on an everyday sort of occasion.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

her latest look above: those slouchy boots and tweed jacket add a 70s touch to her look; it's subtlely different, which is nice.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

27-09-2012
rising star

I have to wonder if she is purposely 'dressing down' (I use that term loosely b/c she obviously still looks amazing) as a reaction to the whole street style circus. I am personally of the opinion that a lot of editors and socialites nowadays are dressing too over-the-top so they can get shot by the photogs...they end up looking like fashion victims imo...

Anyway I really admire how EA approaches fashion week as if it's just another day on the job, because that's really all that it should be for editors, you know? She's had that approach forever but I think this season it's even more pronounced (those leather pants repeated, same silhouettes over and over). She seems a lot cooler (to me!) in that she's thumbing her nose at the whole dress up charade it's become for other editors. You get the impression she's actually trying to avoid getting photographed, which is the opposite from most everyone else.

Just my opinion!

27-09-2012
front row

^ I totally agree. Though you must admire the ADR's and Miroslava's of the world for having the guts to actually go out in public like that, Emmanuelle is so much more casual about it, and it's exactly as you said - it's just a day on the job for her! After all, she's heading home to her husband and kids, and I bet they don't want to see some monstrosity walk through the door every day

27-09-2012
backstage pass

^ you have explained this perfectly - i think geraldine also dresses down in a fantastic way

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, alt, emmanuelle, march, september