How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2006
rising star

Franca Sozzani
The Editor-in-chief Of Vogue Italia

17-02-2006
backstage pass

she has a twin sister,doesnt she? dont remember her name though.

17-02-2006
chaos reigns

Hum ... Im surprised this is the first thread on her

backstage pass

if my memory serves me right,carla sozzanni?

17-02-2006
chaos reigns

From Theobserver.co.uk

Franca Sozzani
As editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, Sozzani wields a different power to her American counterpart, Anna Wintour. Her magazine has traditionally been the most arty and uncompromisingly 'fashion' of the Vogues. It is not so much about circulation as reflecting the zeitgeist. It doesn't matter that the editorial is in Italian, the magazine is an international style bible. The pictures are always more important than the words. She edited the Italian magazine Lei in 1979, and then went on to start Per Lui, working with Bruce Weber, Steven Meisel, Peter Lindbergh and Paolo Roversi. Since taking over at Vogue 12 years ago, she has continued to work with the most visionary photographers in the business, who often do their best work for her because of the freedom she gives them. Wendy Dagworthy says her magazine is 'very special. It's about style, not fashion.' Her sister, Carla, runs the influential Milanese fashion and lifestyle boutique, 10 Corso Como.

The future is stupid

Spring/Summer 2007 - Versace After Party
29-9-2006

wireimage

01-10-2006
front row

I love her Stylish and eccentric!

01-10-2006
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballroombeliever
I love her Stylish and eccentric!
Yes! She Is...And I Can't Believe We Don't Have More Here On This Amazing Woman...

Arrriving at Dolce & Gabbana Dinner Party With Luca Stoppini
Milan Fashion Week ~ 9-28-06

wireimage

01-10-2006
The future is stupid

24/7 fashion

Franca Sozzani is editor-in-chief of Italian ‘Vogue’. She edited the Italian magazine ‘Lei’ and founded the magazine ‘Per Lui’ before taking over at ‘Vogue’ 14 years ago. She lives alone in central Milan

9am I've lived in this house for 25 years. This morning, as usual, I get up and eat fruit with a filter coffee. I don't like espresso, which is odd for an Italian, I know!

I put on navy trousers by a little-known designer called Alberto Biani and an inky-blue, vintage, Napoleon-esque jacket. I don't like logo'd clothes and rarely wear anything the season it's out - I prefer older clothes. I always wear flat shoes, even though I'm not tall.

10am I have a new green Mini, which is perfect for the city. I drive to the Vogue offices on piazza Castello, and have a quick meeting with my secretary, Renata, about next week's travel plans. Afterwards I go through my e-mails, then have a meeting with Luca Stoppini, our art director, and Carlo Ducci, who looks after our news and home pages.
We've shot the fashion already, but the rest of the April issue is still being finished. It is the Milan shows this week, and then most of us will be in Paris next week so we don't have a lot of time. Things are quite chaotic.

12.30pm I'm running late so I drive to the Gianfranco Ferrè show. Luckily, they're running late, too, so I get there on time. They've recreated the interior of an opera house, with the girls emerging from behind red velvet curtains, and light projections of theatre boxes running along the walls.

Afterwards my driver takes me to the Dsquared2 show. It is as theatrical as ever, with a backdrop of a country manor setting off the equestrian-style clothes.

2pm I'm too busy for lunch today and go straight back to the office to meet one of our photographers, Tim Walker. He's just got back from India where he's been shooting for Casa Vogue, the interiors supplement we're running alongside our April issue. The pictures are great.

3.30pm My driver takes me to the Iceberg show and then on to Albino, which won Italian Vogue's 'Who's on Next?' competition at the haute couture shows in Rome in November. We gave them £30,000 and a shoot in the magazine to get them started.
We need more fresh, young designers in Italy. The last show of the day is Versace. I know lots of people here, such as Elizabeth Hurley and David Furnish, whom I talk to. Everyone is guessing whether Elizabeth is pregnant.

7.30pm I go home and change for tonight's dinner at Gianni Versace's old home on via Gesù. I wear a 1960s-inspired Jil Sander dress with a black fur jacket from Prada.
9pm It's a small dinner - there are only about 50 of us. I talk a while with Donatella then sit down with Suzy Menkes, the fashion editor of the International Herald Tribune, the photographer Patrick Demarchelier, Luca Stoppini and David Furnish.

We talk a lot about David's wedding to Elton John. He is incredibly happy and says it was the best day of his life.

10.30pm I get home and am in bed by about 11pm. Today felt like a long day.

March 2006 Independent.co.uk

01-10-2006
V.I.P.

^thanks for posting, missmag!.
i've always enjoyed her comments on collections.

The future is stupid

Chloe S/S 07

style

09-10-2006
The future is stupid

At Burberry Prorsum S/S 07

wireimage

09-10-2006
The future is stupid

Miu Miu S/S 07 with Steven Klein

style

02-12-2006
fashion insider

i really admire this woman

26-12-2006
V.I.P.

^^ I admire her too! Im so suprised this is her only and small thread.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
franca, sozzani