How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-10-2011
trendsetter

#46 looks good but #47 is pretty bad, imo.

08-10-2011
fashion insider

wouldn't call it bad, she just didn't put any effort into it. it's fashion week after all

backstage pass

Her style really epitomizes "Parisian"

backstage pass

vogue.com

12-10-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng19 View Post
wouldn't call it bad, she just didn't put any effort into it. it's fashion week after all
true. these are what i would imagine she would wear for everyday work. not fashion week. like damn girl, i get you have a uniform and are a easy going french girl but you couldn't snag like, idk, a acid yellow givenchy clutch or a pair of crazy louboutins? it seems kinda lazy to me esp. considering what she used to wear during fashion week. of course, she is a mom now and maybe doesn't have the luxury to spend her free time planning outfits...

12-10-2011
scenester

It's all very entertaining when fashion editors dress up for fashion week, but I don't really expect them to, and there's nothing wrong with Geraldine dressing like she "goes to work".

It's getting a bit too much, the parade of people dressing up for "street style" photographers, and I think it's cool that Geraldine, Emmanuelle etc are making a point of looking understated. They're also an inspiration to every folk who wear the same shirt more than once.

At the very least, fashion should be about a diversity of looks, and Geraldine etc provide alternative ideas of what it means to be chic, just like how Giovanna Battaglia or Taylor Tomasi-Hill represent a different brand of chic.

12-10-2011
windowshopping

isn't this called behind the lens? yes, the style of editors has become entertainment recently but she looks smart and modern. also, it was rather hot in new york during fashion week, so its an appropriately comfortable outfit. as i said before, if your taste runs to extravagance and being extroverted, you can always tune into the anna dello russo freakshow.

Last edited by cdg2jfk; 12-10-2011 at 08:52 AM.
13-10-2011
fashion insider

She does not have to dress up at all for fashion week, after all she is working. Just because we have an interest in what she wears it doesn't mean she puts herself out there to be seen. We made her a minor celebrity. That's not what she is about and nor should be expected of her to be some sort of fashion window display.

Regardless Geraldine and Emmanuelle for me are the most stylish woman in the public eye, they look chic but above of all they look always utterly comfortable. Geraldine has a beautiful look, but she clearly does not dress to be overwhelmed by what she wears. In everyday life i see no point for theatrics, clothes should serve a purpose.
And totally admire the fact that those two, particularly in the industry they belong, are not swayed by fashion gimmicks and do not let clothes restrict them.

13-10-2011
front row

maydele

rising star

I totally agree with Les Sucettes !

It's always what I'm thinking of when I read how boring the way Emmanuel or Géraldine dress is. They are not pop stars ! They are working when on fashion shows, that's all.
And I like the fact that, obviously, they don't care about all these bloggers-photographers and don't try to please them by dressing in a special way, like they were on red carpet. They keep being themselves, simple ladies, working (like Emmanuel did 15 years ago when there was no fashion blogs).

13-10-2011
fashion elite

what i actually said was compared to how she used to dress she dresses a little boring now. and i actually said i totally understand why she wouldn't put as much effort into it now. i knew i shouldn't have voiced my opinion...

14-10-2011
trendsetter

Can anyone tell where is this image from?

coolspotters

15-10-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by deango View Post
Can anyone tell where is this image from?

coolspotters
It's from one of those Vogue Paris contributors thingies. Sadly, it's only a small image in real life as well.
I hope I remember this correctly.

front row

stockholm streetstyle

backstage pass

fashion coup

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
géraldine, saglio