How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

I just saw this picture of Grace with Karen Elson and Diane Kruger at the MET ball and I had to share it

billyfarrellagency

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Aww.. I wonder what they were talking about. They must have been reminiscing or something.

When in doubt, wear red.

She's just glorious
Looked absolutely amazing and graceful in a simple black ensemble. I think she wore a custom made or at least inspired version of this coat from spring 2003. One of my favourite Prada collection ever.

style.com

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 09-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.
12-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Grace Coddington Remembers Vidal Sassoon
By ERIC WILSON

Ms. Coddington in the five-point cut by Vidal Sassoon.

IT was around 1960, during her early days as a model and years before she became an editor at Vogue, that Grace Coddington met the famed hairstylist Vidal Sassoon. Ms. Coddington, born in Wales and not yet 20, was a hit among the hairdressers of London.

"I remember I had done a lot of hair jobs because I have quite good-quality hair," said Ms. Coddington, who is known for her bobbing red mane. "I got thrown from hairdresser to hairdresser, people like Raymond, Mr. Teasy-Weasy, and those. That was the old, traditional kind of hairdresser. And then I got sent to Vidal's salon on Bond Street, and he loved my hair.

"So I started working with him doing hair shows. We traveled to all the funny little towns all over England, where the local hairdressers did these huge hairdos, sprayed blue or green or pink, in shapes like ships with pearls on them and the most crazy things. Then on walks Vidal, with me and a couple of different models, and he starts cutting our hair on stage."

Remembering Mr. Sassoon, the hairstyling revolutionary who died Wednesday at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 84, Ms. Coddington described a man of impeccable intelligence and a health and exercise fanatic who shed his Cockney accent well before it was fashionable to do so. In the mid-1960s, he proposed his famous five-point cut.

"I think it was when he was planning for a Rudi Gernreich show," she said. "He was asked to do the hair for that. He was working out what kind of hair to do. He figured it out on me.

"He was key to that whole look in the early '60s, that youthquake thing in London. The cut gave you a certain freedom. You weren't chained to the salon, and you certainly didn't have to go and have it set with big rollers under a hair dryer for a couple of hours. He did it with a hand-held hair dryer, so it wasn't quite drip-dry, but it was remarkable. It was a cut so precisely worked out that, no matter which way you shook it, there was never a sort of long piece hanging over the wrong side."
nytimes

15-05-2012
V.I.P.

Some pics of Grace with her days as a model.

Photographer: Willie Christie

williechristie

16-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Beautiful! Nuff said.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Vogue Creative Director Grace Coddington attends the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall on June 4, 2012 in New York City. (June 3, 2012 - Source: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
09-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Fashionable phone boxes

As part of this summer's BT ArtBox project - a vast open-air public art exhibition set to take over London in June and July - over 80 artists, architects and designers have made over the K6 kiosk phone box.

Quote:
Photographer Willie Christie has used a photograph of US Vogue's Grace Coddington's lips - who happens to be his ex-wife - to adorn his phone box, which will also be on display in Harvey Nichols' Sloane Street window.
telegraph.co.uk

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

@ Rag & Bone S/S 2013 NY

@ Marc Jacobs S/S 2013 backstage

zimbio.com

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

Balenciaga and Grace Coddington Fashion's Night Out party at Balenciaga on September 6, 2012 in New York City.

zimbio.com

12-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

Grace with her new book -

*EdwardEnniful/Instagram

V.I.P.

can't wait to get my hands on that book!!

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Same here, and its so thick, how perfect!

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

@ Ralph Lauren S/S 2013 NY

zimbio.com

13-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Must-have accessory: Ms Coddington's memoir traces her rise to fashion stardom

The much-anticipated memoir is said to cover everything from the fashion mogul's childhood in Wales to her time as a model during the Sixties.

Co-authored with her friend and Vanity Fair style editor-at-large Michael Roberts, publishing group Random House reportedly offered her $1.2m for the deal.
Discussing the contents of the work she told the New York Daily Post: 'Iím not telling secret stories... Not writing ugly bad things to get back at anyone.

This bookís not gossipy. Itís more a record.
'Iíve kept a diary since I was a tiny kid trying to find my way, and going through all my written records reminds me of shoots and jogs my memory.'

Commissioned in 2010 she was forced to put the project on hold as Jay Fielden, who she'd originally planned on writing it with, accepted the job as editor-in-chief at Town & Country.
The duo previously collaborated on her 2002 work Grace: Thirty Years of Fashion at Vogue.
After spending decades in the fashion industry, spending the majority of her career at Vogue, Ms Coddington received much attention in 2009 with the release of the The September Issue.

The fly-on-the-wall documentary followed her as she helped editor-in-chief Anna Wintour style and produce the September 2007 issue.
Ms Coddington was previously married to restaurateur.Michael Chow and later to photographer Willie Christie, however both relationships ended in divorce.
She currently lives in New York and Long Island with her partner, Didier Malige, and their two cats, Bart and Pumpkin.

Her memoir simply titled Grace, which also features a collection of her own pen-and-ink illustrations is priced at $35 and is set to hit the shelves in November 20.

daily mail

Last edited by BonesAndOil; 13-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
coddington, grace