How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-12-2006
Distract Me...

^ I did start, but didn't save as I went and my computer crashed! Just my luck! I'll start again tomorrow - Im too tired tonight.

28-12-2006
little soul

Don't worry! You're such a star with these things...I can make a start tonight..

V.I.P.

some help with the start :

Julia who is from Heidelberg - where Hegel und Feuerbach teached - and lives in Paris for 8yrs, is exporting around the world her fashion philosophy. She works out her demand, as pro as german, with travels and good lifestyle.

i don't even know if this translation means sthg!!! do you, english people, understand what I translate?

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

doing the
Une Fille / One Girl

Free-lance stylist, Julia left Germany for Paris, after she get the abitur (General Certificate of Education for UK / "bac" or "baccalauréat" for France) because "Paris is Fashion". After a fashion school, she worked beside Carine Roitfeld for major Houses (YSL and Gucci - Tom Ford era) and enterred Vogue, where she grew stronger enough before working by herself.
"But I stay in the Vogue Family" she said while drinking a glass of sancere in a cheap bar near the Rue du Faubourg
(Saint Honoré, i guess...), where youcan get the best rumsteak with roquefort sauce (not served in the plate).

28-12-2006
little soul

^ Yes! Great job, thanks for getting things started!

UNE FILLE: A freelance stylist, Julia left Germany after the "bac" (French exam) in the direction of Paris, because "Paris, it is fashion". After ad-hoc school, she worked next to Carine Roitfeld for the blockbusters of the start of the millenium, YSL and Gucci in the era of Tom Ford -, between Vogue house where she gathered her experience before putting it into action. "But I stayed in the Vogue family" she says with a smile, (this is a little bit hazy for me...but she's in a restaurant/cafe near Faubourg where she recommends a steak with roquefort sauce...)

UN STYLE Slightly overdressed with a touch "decalee" to keep a distance. An example, a silk dress and a vest in leather. Othertimes very denim, she has almost abandoned the trousers and mixed fluid fabrics and those more 'held' (i guess you would say, tightly woven fabrics), and cheap and chic, (H&M and Dior). Provisioning question (Where does she get it from), Marc Jacobs in Paris, and the vintage of Hidden Treasures in Topanga Canyon, 45 minutes from Los Angeles. "I never try, I look, I see the size, I take. The blow to the heart only - I hate shopping." Favourite designers? Junya Watanabe for Comme des Garcons, Stefano Pilati for YSL, and John Galliano "Evidently impossible to circumvent."

CHAUSSURES "The basis for constructing a look" but with 12 centimetres of heel minimum. For the look, she tries Saint Laurent, Prada, Marc Jacobs or Miu Miu. Last pair she bought? Stilletos from Saint Laurent in matte and patent chocolate brown leather and metal, "exaggerated sexiness, very Betty Boop".

ACCESSOIRES Indispensible, a large Tumi bag, a Swiss brand guaranteed for life that follows everywhere. Then a second bag, "a handbag" this time, where she keeps her agenda, in woven leather by Bottega Veneta, iPod, Marlboro Lights, passport, credit cards, tickets (never a wallet). "My bags last for about two months", says Julia. Exceptions which prove the rule, a Chanel and a Marc Jacobs in white leather.

Ok, that's the first page...hope it's not too horrible. Its not perfect though I know!

Distract Me...

^ great start! Here's my take on the rest.

JEWELLERY Not any high-end jewellery, but a mix of jewellery (like those by Irish Tom Binns) or ? made by Dior. On her left wrist she wears very simple, gold bracelets and two rings on her fingers: one made with her family's diamonds and a signet ring that she will never part with - ?

BEAUTY She has a bath every morning, which gives her time to reflect and plan on the day ahead. Shampoos daily with Kerastase or Bumble and Bumble no.2. She applies very sheer make-up, with a mixture of Creme de la mer and MAC Body and Face foundation. Lines her eyes with brown - "black is vulgar on blondes." - with the Artist Brow Pencil by Estee Lauder. Normally, she leaves her eyebrows alone, but Julia does like to keep their shape and make sure they're not too thick. And for the final touch, black mascara but never with red lipstick, only the moisturising Baby Lips by Givenchy.

SECRET After boarding a plane she likes to slip into a Nike tracksuit, brush her teeth, and prepare to sleep. Secrets passed down through the family is to shampoo hair with eggs or to use a mask made from curd cheese, but one belief that she finds effective is: to smile, and ?

FOOD 70% Mediterranean (vegetables, fish, olive oil...), 20% sushi and 10% sauerkraut, something that she never forgets about her origins. She cooks a little, when she works, but adores it. Her top addresses: Cibus, rue Moliere, top Parisian Italian, Tetou in Golfe-Juan pour " the best bouillabaisse in the world." and Matsuri in New York.

DECO
Orderly bohemian. " I collect, but I need order." Her centrepieces: a wooden garden chair, that once belonged to Dora Maar, ? from Seville, and her beautiful books which she grazes for ideas, images and inspiration. ? which showcases all her shoes and ? for storing clothes that she no longer wears.

front row

Thank you for the translation Ladies!

01-01-2007
Distract Me...

^ I forgot the end bit!

DISPLACEMENTS
A red Mazda MX 5 with a convertible top: "A second home on wheels. Ideal for on the way to parties", as it's like a mobile changing room. In the evening, during the week, instead she gets a taxi when going out with friends, and head in the direction of Club Sandwich, rue de Ponthieu, "for the music and the real ravers."

HOLIDAYS
"Anywhere, where I cannot speak the language, the currency isn't the same and I get to discover new foods." Julia shuns ? , and prefers little hotels without without the comforts ( and neither an air-conditioned car), and spends a week walking around in just her swimming costume and T-shirt. On the family holidays, she heads for the south of France, Provence, ?

MUSIC AND ? " ? the fall of the Berlin Wall" in 1989: David Bowie, Supertramp, Depeche Mode, but also Edith Piaf. " ? Afterwards, she would que at the weekend to get into dancehalls, arbors and a little white wine. ?

If anyone can make any sense of my and I'd be most grateful!

V.I.P.

^ perfection. Thanks girlies!

little soul

I just remembered, Julia did a feature in Vogue Nippon where she modelled (and presumably styled too..)

I know I cut it out because I loved the clothes, so let me see if I can find it and scan it...or maybe some resourceful person will find it before me and post it!

Distract Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu_miu
I just remembered, Julia did a feature in Vogue Nippon where she modelled (and presumably styled too..)

I know I cut it out because I loved the clothes, so let me see if I can find it and scan it...or maybe some resourceful person will find it before me and post it!
OMG! That would be incredible!
I'm crossing my fingers and toes that you can find the feature!

Distract Me...

I got myself Vogue Nippon February 2007 finally (£10 is a lot for me to part with on a mag) but I was over the moon when I came across this feature on Julia!

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8366/jbnx5.jpg

source: scanned by me

Last edited by La bordélique; 28-06-2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines
24-02-2007
Distract Me...

I had posted this picture on my Milan F/W 07.08 fashionweek streetstyle thread a few days ago. I thought this woman looked very much like Julia - the whole style fits her look - but I wasn't certain, until there was an article somewhere which said that Carine Roitfeld was out shopping in Milan with former assistant, Julia! So now I'm 100% sure and can post the picture with full confidence :p

source: style.com

V.I.P.

^thanx for this karina... I wish I saw more women styled like this... it's btw "carine roitfeld" (style) and "emmanuelle alt" (attitude)
oh by the way, i remember softgrey said she saw her in NYC... well this is because now Julia is consultant in NYC for Vogue Paris.

26-02-2007
rising star

She looks lovely! Thank you 1Karina1!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boehm, julia, von