How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
I've got three words for you:

Chanel. Time. Machine.

18-05-2009
D‘MMkammern

you mean with quilted leather seats an all?

18-05-2009
front row

^ Quilted???? QUILTED???

This is Chanel... Matelassť

LOL

19-05-2009
backstage pass

marvellous that versailles exhibition bravo i love high culture!!!!

will Karl be seen in Cannes????

19-05-2009
V.I.P.

^ They're doing the Paris/Moscow Show in Moscow in another week or so- I guess he's busy... But, come to think of it, Anna Mouglalis' Coco movie is closing the Festival, so he might in support of the film..Humm- would be chic, hmm??

Last edited by Boomer; 19-05-2009 at 06:56 AM.

19-05-2009
backstage pass

So he is NOT in Cannes???? He is in Moscow? what kind of show is that for Chanel fall winter pre fall summer im soooo confused..... what is the date of that show....... xoxo bisou

we need pics of him in Moscow now or Cannes I cant live without him

19-05-2009
V.I.P.

^ It's a weird situation...The 2009 Pre Fall show from last December was supposed to be done in Moscow but they had problems at the last minute and they ended up doing it in Paris...Now the bugs are worked out and they are supposed to go to Moscow sometime next week to do it finally- same show...He might show in Cannes for the film and Anna- what the hell- only a short plane trip to the South of France- hmm??

19-05-2009
backstage pass

thanks! I suppose it will be pre spring 2010 then.

Oh i love that man so much I love him equally to YSL

20-05-2009
D‘MMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerleather View Post
^ Quilted???? QUILTED???

This is Chanel... Matelassť

LOL

i'm gonna scarify that on my forearm so that i never EVER forget again!!

20-05-2009
front row

^ LOL I hope you did not miss my humor, sarcasm and overly exaggerated French there...

It was funny... Decades ago I was once in a Chanel boutique and I swore the "sales consultant" was going to have a stroke when I said quilted. We got into the whole word thing which reminded me with this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crc4CssqqyU

And... no... Scarification is so blase. Branding or tattooing should be sufficient.

20-05-2009
V.I.P.

So there is a new book.. It is demode, I can tell...It does not exist...

Karl Lagerfeld has been described as an "unbelievable Narcissus" who demands Pepsi in crystal glasses from courtiers who serve him like a king, in a book by the fashion mogul's former right-hand man.
Karl Lagerfeld and Me - published in Munich this week - is a penetrating look at the German-born Chanel and Fendi genius dubbed "the Kaiser" in the design world, where he has become a billionaire through his creations.
It reveals how he once informed a member of his team that she had lost her job by presenting her with a caricature depicting a hand holding her decapitated head Marie Antoinette style - in the presence of his entire company.
Written by Arnaud Maillard, his former assistant of 15 years, the book is part demolition job, part adoration.
Maillard said: "He was and remains a genius and I have great respect still for him. But after everything that happened to me I wanted to describe the other side of Karl.
"He is an unbelievable Narcissus who needs an eternity to pull himself into shape in the mornings. Every photo session is preceded by him pinning up self-portraits everywhere.
"He surrounds himself with courtiers, none of whom may contradict him. It is as if he is in the 18th century. Wherever he goes he has to have Pepsi Cola in a Baccarat crystal glass and it has to be replaced every 30 minutes."
He claimed his former boss rubbed himself all over with La Prairie, the most expensive skin cream in the world, twice a day.
Maillard also said Lagerfeld's employees had to be on hand 24 hours a day.
While Maillard said Lagerfeld was often very generous, he also said he could be "merciless".
If he no longer wanted anything to do with a person, "then he simply doesn't speak to them, as if they did not exist", he said.

Review from TheVine.com

20-05-2009
V.I.P.

I'm sure he wasn't trying to be mean to the fired employee by doing that. At least she can put that art work on ebay.

Last edited by sethii; 20-05-2009 at 08:02 AM.

20-05-2009
V.I.P.

^ Yes, what an honor!! Beats the old "budget cutback" excuse hands down!! I'll open the bidding at $5, BTW...

Although this is not strictly a Karl item- who among us here can not feel a deep sense of horror and compassion for this poor girl...

Rachel Bilson's Los Angeles home was burglarized when she was out of town earlier this month, and the thieves took off with "hundreds of thousands" worth of her personal items. The DKNY collaborator and InStyle magazine columnist lost her entire Chanel collection, designer clothing, bags, vintage shoes, and vintage jewelry given to her by her grandmother. She has yet to file a complete report of missing items to police or insurance, reportedly because the list keeps growing.
from E! Online

20-05-2009
backstage pass

does Karl ever read this forum? xoxo

20-05-2009
D‘MMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by designerleather View Post
^ LOL I hope you did not miss my humor, sarcasm and overly exaggerated French there...

It was funny... Decades ago I was once in a Chanel boutique and I swore the "sales consultant" was going to have a stroke when I said quilted. We got into the whole word thing which reminded me with this commercial.

And... no... Scarification is so blase. Branding or tattooing should be sufficient.
i made up my mind!! scarification, branding, tattooing... demode!!!!!
i'm of to Lessage to have it EMBROIDERED!

About the book: yet another angry-EX who's trying to make it big by "writing" the good and evil (with certain stress on the latter) about his supposedly tyrannic boss... doesnt it all sounds way too familiar??!
So Karl is a diva! seriously! what else? the world is full of assistants who suffer from sadist company managers who find unexpected ways of imposing respect on their entourages... and they dont go out and publish books on the matter!!
... resentment? passť, hm?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, july, karl, lagerfeld, march