How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-01-2007
V.I.P.

Karl Lagerfeld and fellow partygoer
by Andy Warhol, 1984
www.zwirnerandwirth.com

02-01-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray
The pic with the fan!

I have a rare article on Karl about the decoration of his house. Its from 1987.

WITHOUT his glasses!

Does anyone want me to scan it?

Don't tease us! :p Please scan and post it!

03-01-2007
V.I.P.

via google image search

03-01-2007
V.I.P.

the same

04-01-2007
V.I.P.

google image search

04-01-2007
girl who fell to earth

mirik google image search is not a source--you must provide the website where you found each image or your posts will have to be deleted per tfs guidelines

thanks

04-01-2007
girl who fell to earth

sogangsta you also need to credit the pic you posted (the bigger version of your avatar) else it will have to be deleted

04-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM
mirik google image search is not a source--you must provide the website where you found each image or your posts will have to be deleted per tfs guidelines

thanks
i used this form http://images.google.ru/images?hl=ru&q=Karl+Lagerfeld+

07-01-2007
trendsetter

for those of you who wanted to see his eyes

here with YSL:

source: http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/

this is susie_bubble's style blog as probably most of you know. she has posted an interesting piece about YSL's and Lagerfeld's rivalry.

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

Supermodels for Karl Laggerfeld video

World Fashion Tv

Models: Claudia Schiffer, Nadja Auermann, Linda Evangelista, Carolyn Murphy, Stella Tennant, Kristen McMenamy, Jodi Kidd

http://rapidshare.com/files/11394365...Laggerfeld.mpg

15-01-2007
backstage pass

I just found the last picture in existence without his famous glasses. I'm exaggerating, but imagine my surprise when I came across it so I had to share it with everyone. Here it is....Attachment 270184 Source: rrauctions.com

Last edited by ruslana rules; 18-05-2007 at 02:09 AM.

24-01-2007
backstage pass

qt pie

29-01-2007
backstage pass

I came across this article from the New York Magazine:
These are some exepts that really amused me!

But then there he is—Karl! His stiff silver tie glitters like a saber. His black leather gloves are good for murder. He poses for the cameras wearing a ghastly grimace, an entourage of twenty Frenchmen and foxes waiting behind. Guests with fingers curled around champagne glasses jostle to catch a glimpse, not quite crying the way they did in Tokyo last year at the opening of the biggest Chanel store in the world, but certainly eager to be entertained. “I think his hair is powdered, like from the 1800s,” says one socialite. “In fact, it is from the 1800s,” titters her friend. Paparazzi are yelling “Karl!” and bystanders are yelling “Karl!” and peta is yelling “Karl!” the loudest. A dreadlocked white guy with Rollerblades slung over his shoulder streaks down the sidewalk and snarls, “Blood for money, that’s what Karl Lagerfeld wants. Karl is greedy! Karl is evil! Karl is wicked! Karl is . . . the devil!”

Lagerfeld stops in the doorway, puckering his bulbous German lips, which is what he does when he is mad—well, not mad, exactly, but frustrated with other people, who, he has found, are frequently idiots. “You eat meat and wear leather, so shut up,” he says to a German reporter. “I have no time for zis foolishness.”

“In the whole world, there is nowhere I can go,” says Lagerfeld, in a tone that should have him fluttering that old fan. “Everybody has a camera, and it is flash-flash-flash, and I am a puppet, a marionette, Mickey at Disneyland for children to play with. In Japan, they touch me. I have Japanese women pinch my ***, so now I must say, ‘You can have the photo, but please don’t touch me.’ You cannot pinch the *** of a man my age! And I cannot go out without something for my eyes, because someone might throw chemicals in my face, and I would be like my childhood French teacher whose wife burnt him with acid, Mr. Pommes-Frites, can you believe the name. I can cross the street nowhere in the world, I can never go into a shop. Oh, it’s horrible, horrible.” Lagerfeld, the master of the contrapuntal, grins a bit and then whispers, “In fact, I do like it. It’s very flattering, and very fun.”

He is so quirky and witty!!! Read the whole article here:
http://nymag.com/fashion/06/spring/15746/index.html

29-01-2007
trendsetter

He scares me

29-01-2007
backstage pass

Other Karl quotes and info:

“I can tell you all sort of bullshit, but I work only from feelings and motivations and creations and needs and opportunities,”

“I like New York these days,” he says. “At least the way I see it, it is perfect, though I am not down in the streets, so don’t ask me about that. I like how the people don’t call me by Monsieur here. It’s always just the first name—Karl!”

Lagerfeld converted his 60,000 CD collection onto his arsenal of iPods. He currently owns roughly 70 iPods, which are scattered around the globe in his various residences.

His original surname was Lagerfeldt (with the "t"), but later changed it to Lagerfeld as it sounds more "commercial".

“I do not like funerals, and I do not want anyone to come to mine,” he says. “Do what you want with the ashes. Send them down the garbage chute.”

“At our dinner for Karl at Schiller’s, firemen had to stand at the door to stop people from coming in because everyone wanted to see him,” says Robert Burke, the recently departed Bergdorf Goodman head of fashion. “Karl said the firemen were the best-dressed people from the whole evening!”

“Now, I have nothing against tattoo, as long as I don’t have to put it on my body. And her nose-pierce, well, we can move with a computer, though I don’t know if you have a cold if it is very pleasant. Some of them have pierces in the nipples also—and uh-oh—in other areas too!” He laughs his Count Chocula laugh and shakes his head. “That’s modern.”

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, july, karl, lagerfeld, march