How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

^I wouldn't be surprised if he had 1,000 of those collars after seeing Lagerfeld Confidential.

10-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Gee- Thanks a lot Sundance Channel!! They played all of Signe Chanel and "Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway" (neither of which are ever on!!) back to back during the Superbowl on Sunday with no notice what so ever...Thanks a lot, guys...
REALLY! I should have known so I could have recorded it! Ugh darn Sundance channel! But I did see "Karl Lagerfeld is Never Happy Anyway" last Wednesday and it was great! He is so intelligent, and I admire him for that.
He mostly spoke German in that documentary too. In the movie,he said that he wanted to change his nose when he was young, but his doctor said if he does, he should change his entire face

10-02-2008
DŌMMkammern

Quote:
I imagine they are like the old formal wing collars that buttoned to a band at the neck- years ago you didn't wash and change your shirt but changed the collars... He claims it was the style when he saw his father going to business as a child and he grew up liking it... He has them custom made- he claims to have 1,000 of them...

And, Ilaughed, I've seen "Never Happy Anyway" and it is still quite relevent and interesting...but weird since it is before his weight loss- doesn't seem like him talking!! But it is very worth seeing!!
i imagine he DOES changes his shirt and collar everyday.

i think it's been said in this thread (maybe another one on karl), but he has his shirts made at "Hilditch & Key" an english shirtmaker established in both London and Paris. i would think he gets the collars there too. no?

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
i imagine he DOES changes his shirt and collar everyday.

i think it's been said in this thread (maybe another one on karl), but he has his shirts made at "Hilditch & Key" an english shirtmaker established in both London and Paris. i would think he gets the collars there too. no?
I'm sure they make the collar too! And he says he often changes his clothes three times a day- and he evidently is prone to throwing out underwear after one wearing- I guess washing does not bring his underclothes back up to his personal hygiene standards...

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

No doubt this was posted somewhere, but just in case- well worth the time to watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl5xx3RZ-jE

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

I know Brad had something like this on at the Pre Fall Show, but I always think of Count Dracula when I see it...!! I like it, actually... (GlobalMetropolis)

10-02-2008
trendsetter

Karl attended the Viper Awards in Berlin on Saturday night, as did Miss Casiraghi, but there are pics of everyone, it seems, except her.
But Getty has pics of Karl arriving etc.

Signe Chanel rocks. It's one of my favorite movies now.
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...entId=79614475

I always wondered why he wears that same collar and stuff everywhere, everyday. Well, different ones but all the same, it's bizarre. I love him though. He's a riot.

Boomer, that interview, haha: "Britches are for dentists!"

I want to see Lagerfeld Confidential so badly.

Last edited by Chewsteraghi; 10-02-2008 at 08:20 AM.

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

He's a living legend..And in The Beautiful Fall, they tell how he was a just as much of a one man show even in the 50s in Paris...Always on display in the cafes- dressing bizarre and body building- he is a classic!! Weird and extremely brilliant. Even if you don't care for his style and work, it is hard to deny his intelligence and range of knowledge... His impact on the fashion industry has been immense!!

I thought I had seen Confidential will be out on DVD this summer..Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by Boomer; 10-02-2008 at 08:23 AM.

10-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
^I wouldn't be surprised if he had 1,000 of those collars after seeing Lagerfeld Confidential.
Oh, he had stacks of them in his drawer.
Could have been a thousand. . .

10-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
He's a living legend..And in The Beautiful Fall, they tell how he was a just as much of a one man show even in the 50s in Paris...Always on display in the cafes- dressing bizarre and body building- he is a classic!! Weird and extremely brilliant. Even if you don't care for his style and work, it is hard to deny his intelligence and range of knowledge... His impact on the fashion industry has been immense!!

I thought I had seen Confidential will be out on DVD this summer..Anyone know for sure?

I think you have no choice but to admire and wonder about people like Karl. They seem weird and bizarre but so amazing at the same time because they are unique and do their own thing, regardless of if they get the crazy label. I bet he was never popular in school. I've found that amongst the true geniuses and most intriguing of today, they were usually thought to be a little crazy at one point.

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

^^ Yup, in the Beautiful Fall they said his parents had to have what amounted to a bodyguard walk him to and from school- he was always being threatened and beaten up...But he's his own man, always has been- I admire people like that, especially when they can take their gifts and use them to become huge successes!!

10-02-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
^^ Yup, in the Beautiful Fall they said his parents had to have what amounted to a bodyguard walk him to and from school- he was always being threatened and beaten up...But he's his own man, always has been- I admire people like that, especially when they can take their gifts and use them to become huge successes!!

That makes me love him more.

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

Chanel Cruise Collection To Be Launched In Miami
Karl Lagerfeld confirmed the next Chanel cruise collection will be presented in May in Miami.

The top of Miami`s cruise season is from October until April, but it seems Florida`s second biggest city is not sticking to Lagerfeld`s schedule. The designer has confirmed to take the next Chanel cruise collection to the Miami runway in mid-May.
Details, including the precise date, still need to be confirmed, but Miami is the home to some of the most expensive docs in the world and considering Lagerfeld`s evident love for transport-themed places – the Santa Monica air port and the riverboat in Paris – there are many potential venues, fashionweekdaily.com writes.

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

Man, Karl news all over the place!! He's done some of this in the past and they are always so beautiful!! I mean, I need a $4,000 ski parka!! I never ski anymore, but still...

Karl Lagerfeld, who has not time to have a rest from work above haute couture collection, presented in Paris has showed to the world a new sports line.
As it appeared, advertising pictures in support of the collection had been shot by Lagerfeld at the end of the last year - models appear there in classical snow-white blouses and skirts in retro style. Sports line from Chanel features original bikinis in the best traditions of the 1950th, motorcycle helmets, shorts with a high waistline and cozy loose overalls with a hood from pleasant soft cotton fabrics.
Karl Lagerfeld admits, that he has long ago thought about creation of sports clothes. He recollects Coco Chanel’s passion to sport. «I have thought up these clothes not because other women go in for sports, but because my passion», - have once told the legendary Coco.
Sports line from Chanel «Spring -Summer 2008» will appear in boutiques this May.

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

That interview was great! I especially love his quote on his business acumen! Something like, "I know a lot about spending, but for that you must earn."

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, july, karl, lagerfeld, march