How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-04-2010
fashion icon

Haha, I love Karl. And I want that coke!!

05-04-2010
V.I.P.

Ad Campaign: Coca Cola Light
Models: Coco Rocha and Baptiste Giabiconi
Bottle Design by Karl Lagerfeld
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Charming Ms Coca Rocha joins Baptiste Giabiconi in a shoot by Karl Lagerfeld, for Coca Cola Light advert featuring the bottle designed by Lagerfeld himself.

DesignScene.net

Last edited by Boomer; 05-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.

05-04-2010
V.I.P.

Oh, that is terrible/perfect. I love when Karl goes camp.

05-04-2010
V.I.P.

Re: #75 -
Sorry, Louis Vuitton - Lagerfeld Loves Goyard

Once upon a time Chanel kingpin Karl Lagerfeld was so devoted to Louis Vuitton luggage that he had the famed French luxury goods house make him a bespoke trunk to house his iPods and a speaker system. Now however the Kaiser seems to have traded in his Vuitton for an enormous set of suitcases and trunks by rival Parisian firm Goyard. While every bit as luxurious as Vuitton, Goyard's wares have not quite captured the popular imagination like those of Vuitton and aren't nearly as famous; for that reason they can perhaps be said to be more exclusive. In place of Vuitton's famed monogram canvas, Goyard's cases feature a pattern of interlaced chevrons. Goyard has long had a devoted clientele of celebrities and royalty. Aristocrats such as the Grand Duke of Russia, the Maharajah of Kapurthala and the Duke of Windsor all traveled with Goyard luggage.

Luxist.com

Last edited by Boomer; 05-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.

06-04-2010
backstage pass

I remember seeing pics of Karl with Goyard luggage for at least 5 years now.
And wasn't his iPod case first created by Fendi in 2004 or so? That black-red Taiga leather LV iPod case came latter, no?
Or am I confused?

06-04-2010
V.I.P.

^Yeah I remember his Goyard luggage was featured prominently in one of the cruise documentaries back in mid-2005. And I feel like there was some featured in the H&M collaboration's ad a year earlier, too... The article's just making some drama.

06-04-2010
on the come up

Am I alone on this? I've always thought Goyards were ugly

07-04-2010
fashion insider

Chanel HC F/W 10.11 show will be between the 5th and the 8th of July (I guess it'll be the 6th or 7th).

I didn't really like his latest couture collection appart from the dresses in Frida and Jac, so I want the next one to be amazing. I wish it took place at the Grand Palais... I'm alredy excited about it!

07-04-2010
V.I.P.

^ Good! It usually is on the Tuesday of fashion week, so the 6th I guess..

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

Sounds like a must have to me!!

Mr. Lagerfeld Gives a History Class
By CATHY HORYNSome of you may remember “The Story of Fashion,” a three-part series that was first shown in 1987 on the A&E channel and was narrated by Karl Lagerfeld. The films have been reissued as a DVD set, and they are still pretty interesting and informative, if dated in places. Of course, the designers look astonishingly young. Mr. Lagerfeld, without his many rings, discusses everything from French court clothes to Mary Quant, and there are some fascinating bits with people such as the late illustrator Antonio Lopez. Produced by Arthaus Musik, the set is $49.99.

NYTimes 4/9/10

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

April 09, 2010
Karl Lagerfeld Speaks Out Against Same Sex Marriage, Gay Parents

By Hollie McKay
- FOXNews.com
Karl Lagerfeld is one of the biggest names in the flamboyant fashion design industry, but the German mogul wasn’t afraid to open up about his views against same-sex marriage and gay parents raising a family.
“I’m against it (gay marriage) for a very simple reason: In the 60's, they all said we had the right to the difference. And now, suddenly, they want a bourgeois life,” Lagerfeld recently told contemporary youth culture magazine, Vice. “For me it’s difficult to imagine—one of the papas at work and the other at home with the baby. How would that be for the baby? I don’t know. I see more lesbians married with babies than I see boys married with babies. And I also believe more in the relationship between mother and child than in that between and child.”
And not surprisingly, Lagerfeld’s words have hit others where it hurts.
“Absolutely (it is offensive). But that's Karl," says prominent Los Angeles stylist Phillip Bloch, whose client roster includes everyone from Halle Berry to Drew Barrymore to Mariah Carey. "Karl is about pushing a button and that's his point of view. That's why he's an expressionist and he is a reference. It's a matter of equality, we should pay the same taxes, we should be able to get married, we should all be able to vote, be up for the same jobs, we should all be allowed to be happy and we should all be allowed to be miserable.
"[Karl] is definitely a supremacist and of course he said, "Of course I think much more about the relationship with the motherand the child as opposed to the father and the child." Well, for someone who's so creative, how could you be so single-minded? It's very single-minded but it's Karl's way of thinking. I don't think it's wrong, I think it's funny and it's cute to me that Karl thinks that way.”
But could these very bold statements hurt his standing in the industry?
“Hell no! Karl Lagerfeld is one of those designers that has done some of the most amazing things I've ever seen, and some of the most hideous things I've ever seen,” Bloch continued. “It is part of the pathos that is him and it's just great. He is him, whether it's being futuristic, or couture, whether it is boho chic, it's just him and what I think is such an important train of thought is Karl thinks very one way, he does that job and I think another. My mind is open to more choices because that's how I work and people who do different jobs, their minds work in different ways.”
And despite reaching out to numerous big-wigs, very few were willing to comment given Lagerfeld’s hierarchy in the world of all things style and sophistication. However, Jon Barrett, Editor in Chief of The Advocate, just hopes the designer’s words will simply ignite the movement to overturn Prop 8.
“I completely respect Mr. Lagerfeld's disinterest in getting married and I hope that all of us--Karl Lagerfeld included--will soon have the legal freedom to decide whether or not to marry the person we love,” Umbach added.

Last edited by Boomer; 10-04-2010 at 10:00 AM.

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

Looks like more fashion DVDs for me to buy...

And no idea who that stylist is, but I like this quote: "It is part of the pathos that is him and it's just great."

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

^ Phillip is always on E! doing red carpet and silly reality shows...you'd know him if you saw him...

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

Shooting in Argentina with Baptiste and Freja...

Chanel.com

10-04-2010
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
Looks like more fashion DVDs for me to buy...
looks like more stuff to expect on Youtube

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, karl, lagerfeld, march