How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2005
backstage pass

@ glamour women of the year awards

07-06-2005
fashion elite

I have never seen her before, I like her style...

V.I.P.

i love Laura Bailey, she has great style. she's also really smart, which is cool. i just wish there were more pics of her around

08-06-2005
windowshopping

She looks so lovely when she smiles. I wish she'd do it more often! And I love her style. (btw this is my first post- hi everyone)

08-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeilijkheden
She looks so lovely when she smiles. I wish she'd do it more often! And I love her style. (btw this is my first post- hi everyone)
yay!! i'm only on my like sixth! everyone else posts soooo much! but i love this website. it's freaking awesome!

08-08-2005
front row

I stood next to Laura on the w/end in a off licence on kensington church street buying a pack of ciggies ... she looked absolutely divine. Wearing duck egg blue 50's style skirt, red cropped jacket and the most lust-worthy white chanel quilted bag and holding a big bunch of flowers. No sign of the kid
I've seen her lots of times, but she looked even thinner than usual and very drawn with dark rims around her eyes

08-08-2005
rising star

yeah i saw her on saturday with her baby who was sooo cute and she looked v thin with fab sunglasses and coat on. she was sitting right round the corner from where sienna lives

09-08-2005
tfs star

09-08-2005
tfs star

09-08-2005
tfs star

09-08-2005
V.I.P.

^Thanks for those. This is just a piece of fluff but never mind. www.femalefirst.co.uk

Laura Bailey the equally stunning other half of The FACE of BAA chats about travel essentials and why BAA airport stores are one of her Top Essentials as a frequent traveller.

How often do you fly - to where, from where I fly so often, every couple of weeks or at least once a month. So I'm in and out of Heathrow all the time, travelling to New York or a quick jaunt to a European city such as Paris or Rome. I usually have a couple of long haul holidays once or twice a year too.

How much time do you allow before check in - do you get there early or not I always plan to give myself a couple of hours at the airport to relax before my flight, indulge in a little shopping and just wind down before I travel. That's the plan but sometimes I do end up racing through check-in and regret not having the time to enjoy the time at the airport.

What do you do between check-in and departure

Shopping is a priority of course but I always have something to eat and drink before I get on the flight and just take a little time to relax.

How do you pack - light, everything? Carry on bags only, lots checked in? What do you include in your hand luggage? I usually try to pack as little as possible to check-in - make sure what I take works really hard for me so I have quite a minimalist approach to packing. That isn't always possible and certainly not now with a baby! I now need to take everything - I pack twice as much for baby Luc as for me!!

My hand luggage is my in-flight essentials - moisturiser and lip balm are absolute necessities, I love Crème de la Mer as it's really rich in the dehydrating cabin atmosphere and my Lancome Juicy Tube (I like the Melon shade) is both pretty and moisturising. Then my ‘entertainment', I don't travel without my iPod (I love the new iPod Shuffle) and when I'm at the airport I always pick up a couple of paperback novels and stock up with fashion magazines.

Luggage - type and brand My favourite suitcase is a blue and white Prada one which just holds everything and I always take my Marni hand luggage, favourite handbag at the moment has to be Chanel.

Travel tips - planning, packing, mid flight activities, stuff you couldn't travel without Having time to plan is such a rare luxury but as I travel so often I have my own little routine: as far as packing goes I try to be as minimalist as possible, I used to take so much with me and not use half what I packed so I try to have a streamlined approach with a few favourite bits and treats such as luxurious perfumed bath oils (insert brand).

No matter how minimalist I try to be I couldn't travel without my camera, books and music -so I've things to read and listen to on the flight and at my destination. I also watch the in-flight movies and sometimes even use the flight time to catch up on my writing and draft an article..

Suitcase contents/'can't-travel-without' essentials

My capsule wardrobe:
  • Bikini (Accessorize)
  • Sundress (LK Bennett)
  • White vests (Quiksilver)
  • Running gear (Nike)
  • Underwear (Agent Provocateur)
  • Denim mini skirt (French Connection)
  • Flip flops (Accessorize)
  • Camera (Dixons)
  • Notepad and pen (Smythson)
  • Make-up - again I favour a minimalist approach a Lancome mascara and Chanel palette
  • Sunhat and sunscreen (Lancome suncreen)

Pre-holiday beauty tips - treatments and products

A Thai Yoga massage to completely relax before travelling is a real treat. Manicure and pedicure are essential, strong colours look great with a tan (I'm particularly fond of a coral shade by Estee Lauder at the moment)

Clinique Sparkle Skin exfoliator before sunbathing ensures my tan lasts and Lancome sunblock gives me both the UVA and UVB protection to tan safely

Favourite shops - airport, highstreet, overseas boutiques
  • Chanel at Heathrow for great savings
  • Barneys in NY
  • NikeTown

Best thing about shopping at the airport

Travelling always feels like a bit of a treat so I might splurge on something special or stock up on more practical necessities, plus a couple of hours of shopping just ‘me' time is a rare luxury. I love to browse through all the fabulous stores at the airport, it's a real pleasure.

I also love the fact that if you buy at the airport when flying to Europe and have shopped, you can leave your purchases at the airport if need be and collect on your return!

Favourite products:
  • CDs - Damien Rice, The Strokes
  • Books - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Philip Roth
  • Magazines - Vogue
  • Fragrance - Chanel No 19
  • Beauty products (inc suntan lotion) - Lancome suncare, mascara and juicy tubes lip gloss, Chanel for the rest of my cosmetics
  • Travel bag - Chanel
  • Bikini/beachwear - Prada, Chanel or Heidi Klein bikini and cotton kaftan over the top (Temperly if I'm choosing a designer piece but Liberty has some gorgeous printed ones too)
  • Flip flops - I've a favourite pair of Hairanas but I love the great new collection at LK Bennett
  • Sunglasses - Gucci or Chanel, World Duty Free has a wonderful selection of designer brands
  • Accessories (bag, watch, jewellery) - Chanel watch Dream holiday - beach, sightseeing, citybreak, sporty, partying

For a beach trip it has to be Bali, I love the sights of Paris and a for classic city break (mix of sightseeing, food, culture) Rome is a real favourite. If I'm looking to party, New York would be my destination of choice!

Favourite holiday memory

So many amazing memories - I particularly remember learning to scuba dive in Zanzibar and the Parrot Cay Hotel in Turks and Caicos is wonderfully romantic..,/p> Top 5 destinations

Rome, New York, Vietnam, India, Ireland

What do you eat/drink at the airport, pre-during travel

A pret a manager sandwich and a cup of tea or a glass of champagne in the lounge

10-08-2005
backstage pass

i love her style, but i could never pull it off, would feel overdone. but I really love how she doesn't conform, and wears beautiful coats and tights with dresses on the red carpet. it looks great

11-08-2005
tfs star

15-08-2005
windowshopping

candid pics
hi there - great site and thread on one of my favourite stylish people.
I can't post pics but here's a couple of great sites with images of ms bailey.
there's a few candid pics of her at starfacephoto.com here's the link http://62.23.125.151/wimsol_starface/ go to access visiteur and search for her name
Other agencies: olycom.it
xposurephotos.com
topixx.com
There's a few of her pushing her bugaboo but unfortunately none of baby luc.
I remember a spread of her house in an old issue of Vogue or Elle - don't supose anyone has a copy of it they could scan and post?

16-08-2005
V.I.P.

her boobs went huge in her pregnancy!
blondebella, thanks for the sites, i'll go check them out!
why can't you post pics? sorry for asking.
oh, and welcome to tFS!
i have the issue of Vogue with that in, so i'll look for it and get my scanner working. i have loads of candids of her from old Vogues.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bailey, laura