How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

Love her in little black dresses

10-07-2009
V.I.P.

Yes, Lauren looks so elegant in black

12-07-2009
front row

such a classy lady... loving her dresses

13-07-2009
V.I.P.

Interview of the Month...Lauren Santo Domingo

"sometimes the best accessory a girl can have is a friendly smile and a kind word"

Lauren Santo Domingo is a New York City-based fashion stylist and sittings editor. Born and raised in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, she attended the University of Southern California, graduating in 1998 with a bachelors degree in History. She immediately began a career in the fashion industry, first as a model, and then as a market editor at American Vogue. In 2004, Santo Domingo left Vogue to be the PR director at Paris-based furrier J Mendel, launching the line's first acclaimed ready-to-wear colleciton, and then moved to the Puig Group to head up the PR division of Carolina Herrera. In 2006, she returned to Vogue as a contributing editor and freelances as a fashion stylist and consultant to designers, celebrities and retailers in Paris and New York.

CC: You started your fashion career as a model, tell me more about it, in which agencies were you? Did you do any of the fashion weeks? Some amazing photo shootings?

LSD:I enjoyed modeling but it was never more than a summer job I never missed a day of school and never expected it would be a full time job or career.
I started out with Elite in New York, modeling during my summer vacations from high school and college. The highlight was shooting a series of TV commercials for a Japanese denim brand with Brad Pitt.

CC: How was your life as a model? Did you enjoy it? Tell us about some great experiences.

LSD: It was a great way to travel and have new experiences and great independence at a young age. Most importantly, it allowed me to know from a young age what I wanted to be when I grow up- a fashion editor.
And who doesn’t love to wear fabulous clothes and be pampered on a set all day?!

CC: You are today for many girls a fashion icon, your style and wardrobe is more than wanted and you work for one of the most famous fashion magazine, the American Vogue. How did it all happen?

LSD: Vogue is great because it has a fabulous access. Working at Vogue I meet some of the best new designers before they’re big, and see some of the best clothing and accessories before they are in stores.
But I can’t say that I think of myself as a style icon! I love fashion, I love the idea of dressing for a mood and of looking and feeling great.
I came to work at Vogue through hard work and determination. I started as an assistant and worked my way up to where I am now.

CC: How is it to work with the most famous fashion editor Anna Wintour? What do you think made her so successful?

LSD: Anna is an Icon and she knows exactly what she wants. I admire her for her work ethic, her style and her unwavering commitment to the fashion industry and young designers.

CC: Tell us about your responsabilities for Vogue?

LSD: I wear many hats at Vogue: I am sounding board for many of the story ideas and enjoy the generating story ideas for the magazine. But mainly I am a stylist and editor of many shoots in each issue.

CC: So now, let’s talk about your wardrobe…as an editor of Vogue you have to be dressed up for every occasion:

- What is your favorite designer to go to pick up an outfit whenever you have an event?

LSD: Right now; Blamain, Proenza Shouler, Balenciaga and PHI

- How many pair of shoes do you hide in your closet?

LSD: I usually have about 4 or 5 pairs of shoes for the summer months.

- How many bags?

LSD: I have quite a few evening clutches but wear the same Proenza Shouler PS 1 bag every day for the last year.

CC: Any fashion tips for this summer?

LSD: Besides sun-screen? I think this is the season to spend less! Other than one great look for any summer wedding I will attend I don’t need more than some casual pants and skirts, a stack of flimsy t-shirts in black, grey and white and a lightweight summer dress or two.

CC: What are for you the must-haves of the moment?

LSD: Great skin ( Pat Wexler M.D has the best skin care regimin available at Bath & Body works)
, great hair ( keep it moisturized with new Nexxus Shampoo and conditioner for colored hair) and a great attitude: sometimes the best accessory a girl can have is a friendly smile and a kind word.

Special thanks to Lauren.

charlottecollard.canalblog.com

14-07-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

STYLE

14-07-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

that's a great shot of her

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

Exquisite shoot of her

16-07-2009
fashion icon

Thank you for the article. She looks great in that Style.com image.

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

^^My pleasure.
She looks great in that image

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

She looks really really beautiful here

Lauren and Andres

Eugenie Niarchos, Tatiana Santo Domingo and Lauren

Credit: New York Social Diary

16-07-2009
V.I.P.

She's stunning here
The black lace of the dress is exquisite

17-07-2009
V.I.P.

The dress and her earrings are indeed exquisite

17-07-2009
V.I.P.

she sure knows how to throw a party!

Here she is hosting a fete for Eddie Borgo (jewellery designer)

rest of the pics from the event here: looks fun!

http://www.superfantasticpicturetime.com/

credit: superfantasticpicturetime.com

18-07-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks for the pics ponytrot

Credit: style.com

18-07-2009
V.I.P.

The shot with Natasha is great...wearing all black as a blond really works.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2011, august, domingo, lauren, santo, september