Lauren Santo Domingo (September 2008 - August 2011) - Page 18 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-08-2009
rising star

Yea i looked on the website and i think its fairly obvious its his work although i couldn't find the exact match. Regardless i found some nice alternatives so thanks

22-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kathryn Neale Shaffer, Jessica Joffe, Lauren Santo Domingo, and Elettra Wiedemann were at Saks toasting the new Calvin Klein Collection women’s shop.
—Derek Blasberg
Blasblog style.com

30-08-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiV View Post
After the Dior HC show

maydele.blogspot.com
Ohh, she looks perfect here.

31-08-2009
V.I.P.

she looks stunning here

06-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
The LSD: A Bag Down Memory Lane
Is it just me or has shopping become particularly nostalgic? I look around and see the latest trends have taken us from the eighties to the nineties and back again in just about one season flat. So, with the reemergence of trends from my youth (the decades where I first experimented with fashion) I must maintain the position that if I was not a partaker of a trend back then, I will not partake now. (Translation: Yes to bucket bags and Doc Martens and no to bicycle shorts and banana clips.) So last week, before I had time to retire my Karen Walker acid-washed jeans and embrace the shoulder pads of my Balmain tweed jacket I found myself in the middle of my second, full-blown bucket-bag obsession. But this time around is different: My dream bucket would not be the ivory nylon Prada number I smuggled out of my mom’s closet, which was so long on me it that it bounced off my knobby knees as I strolled down Greenwich Avenue with my girlfriends on Friday afternoons (though to its credit it went great with my Silver City Pink lipstick). No, the bucket of my choice is this Chanel kidskin version, which I find completely modern despite the fact that it was the ultimate mid-eighties accessory. When I spotted the bag, meticulously preserved by Cameron Silver at Decades in L.A., I knew it would be the carryall staple of my dreams (or the carryall of my fall). And who knows? Maybe in the spring I’ll have brought back my colorful Invicta backpack.

—Lauren Santo Domingo
Source: style.com/vogue

Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 06-09-2009 at 09:04 PM.

06-09-2009
V.I.P.

And the picture

Source: style.com/vogue

08-09-2009
V.I.P.

She looks great

08-09-2009
backstage pass

wow I love her in that black dress, id love to know who the dress is by!?

08-09-2009
she had boys in her room

^ Calvin Klein Collection

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks for finding

09-09-2009
trendsetter

Lauren Santo Domingo, Vogue contributing editor, with Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandeza (Proenza Schouler) and Leighton Meester at The Day Before Premiere Party.

Quote:
The Day Before is a four-part series and follows a different designer each week including Sonia Rykiel, Proenza Schouler, Karl Lagerfeld for Fendi, and Jean Paul Gaultier. It debuts TODAY (September 9) on Sundance Channel.
Justjared.com

09-09-2009
V.I.P.

Gorgeous outfit

09-09-2009
trendsetter

WWW Styling Tips: September

Quote:
Tip #2: Try a bucket bag with all your fall favorites.
Vogue-contributing editor Lauren Santo Domingo may be a couture connoisseur, but she proved she also knows a thing or two about picking the crème of the retro crop, as well. While attending a Calvin Klein Collection celebration, the society swan wore an impeccable Chanel bucket bag straight from the '80s (by way of Los Angeles boutique and vintage Mecca, Decades). The always-stylish Santo Domingo (who paired her Chanel carryall with the Black Felted Wool Crewneck Dress ($6995, 212.292.900) from Calvin Klein Collection) shows us that a bucket bag is a great way to subtly reference fashion's current eighties obsession, without boldly going into power shoulder or acid-washed denim territory. Whether you decide to trawl your (or your mother's) closet in search of a drawstring satchel in supple leather or suede, or opt for Deux Lux's Bucket Bag ($68), the slouchy shape is the perfect way to transport your daytime—and evening—essentials!
whowhatwear.com

09-09-2009
trendsetter

Lastes looks:
Calvin Klein -Altered- (Fall 2009)

Proenza Schouler -Costume- (Spring 2009)

Whowhatwear.com, Justjared.com and style.com (Marcio Madeira)

10-09-2009
V.I.P.

In both cases, I prefer Lauren version.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2011, august, domingo, lauren, santo, september