How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-11-2008
backstage pass

well if that's true then she must've climbed really hard. I don't think I can ever have the guts to do that. Lie about yourself to get ahead tsk tsk

28-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_princess View Post
so she didn't go to USC? she's not an heiress? what is she then??? That would be weird though coz why would her hubby's family accept her if she's a nobody?
She defintiely comes from kind of money, just going by her life's trajectory thus far...if you look at how she achieved certain things in NY society.

30-11-2008
fashion icon

I thought there were two Lauren Davis? And this one isn't the Poland Springs heiress, at least according to this:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2007/10...ren_davis.html

30-11-2008
windowshopping

Bio on Ronald V Davis (Lauren Santo Domingo's father) from
http://business.fullerton.edu/alumni

Quote:
Ronald Davis pioneered the NorthAmerican bottled water industry and was the founder of the Perrier Group of America. He built Perrier into the pre-eminent bottled water brand and built the Perrier Group into the dominant industry leader with many regional brands such as Poland Spring,Arrowhead,Calistoga, Zephyr Hills and Ozarka.

Ron founded and was twice President of the InternationalBottled Water Association, serving over 1,000 membersworldwide. He led the establishment of high quality standards for the industry throughaggressive legislative and regulatory initiatives. In recognition of his accomplishments, theindustry bestowed its highest honor upon Ron, inducting him into the Beverage WorldHall of Fame.

After selling the Perrier Group, Ron spent ten years as an active investor and venturecapitalist in emerging companies, leverage buyouts and real estate, and was an investorand board member of four IPO’s. He has served on the boards of numerous private andpublic companies, and was Chairman of Consolidated Container Company, the largestsupplier of plastic bottles in the United States.

The past six years, Ron has directed his vision and leadership gifts to not-for-profit ventures. He is currently Chairman of the community-owned Vail Valley Medical Center, and also serves on, and is past chairman of, the Cal State Fullerton’s Foundation Board ofGovernors. He is also a board member on the Orangewood Children’s Foundation andthe Vail Valley Youth Foundation. Ron continues to pursue his deep passion for helping youth find their way in life, and is active in numerous other community organizationssupporting disadvantaged youth.

Ron earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from California StateUniversity, Fullerton, and an MBA from the University of Southern California. Hefounded the Guardian Scholars Program at Cal State Fullerton, an educationalscholarship program for foster youths.The program has expanded to more than 20universities with hundreds of graduates. In 1995, Cal State Fullerton honored Ron withthe Distinguished Alumnus Award for his professional and philanthropic achievements

Last edited by BetteT; 01-12-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: To add credit.

30-11-2008
V.I.P.

i personally think she's not a fake.

seriously, the US Vogue team are snobs, if she was (shock horror) a commoner without moneyed background/blueblood ie. Plum Sykes style, then she hardly would have gotten as far as she had.

and the Santo Domingo family is pretty hard to marry into. It's hardly like she tricked or duped them into anything.

30-11-2008
V.I.P.

She is very beautiful and I like her simple style.

30-11-2008
girl who fell to earth

**please try to limit talk and conjecture about her personal life... this is a star style thread so STYLE should be the focus...

thanks

30-11-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
I think she looks like a shrew + Carolyn Besette Kennedy.
You got it right on the money!

30-11-2008
V.I.P.

So many of these girls wish they could copy Carolyn Bessette's style...Gwyneth tried but failed in her 20's to do the same.

30-11-2008
backstage pass

^ I agree ... CBK is one of a kind she is also one of the most channeled women in New York, these Park Avenue Princesses are absolutely obsessed with her & JFK.

30-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato. View Post
^ I agree ... CBK is one of a kind she is also one of the most channeled women in New York, these Park Avenue Princesses are absolutely obsessed with her & JFK.
So true

30-11-2008
trendsetter

^she's done well, but i wouldn't call her career great. she left herrera in less than a year, didn't do much at j.mendel and styles socialite shoots for vogue every once in a blue moon. it's certainly to her credit that's she's maintained her role as one of anna's favorites, but her actual work experience isn't very impressive.

30-11-2008
V.I.P.

ChrissyM just asked everyone to get back on topic (her style) ... and the conversation is still going on about her personal life ... so I am deleting a few posts here and wish to remind everyone that if you wish to discuss her personal life, her family, her money ... etc. please do so in Rumor Has It. This forum is Star Style.

03-12-2008
fashion insider

wearing balenciaga sandals. LOVE
J&j

03-12-2008
tfs star

Those sandals are sinful, I love them,

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2011, august, domingo, lauren, santo, september