How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-05-2010
V.I.P.

Source: vogue.ru

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

Was Lauren Santo Domingo the Best Dressed at the Met Gala last night?

Quote:
Cathy Horyn writes that the looks on the Met Gala's red carpet "had a scripted feel." Ballgowns at a ball — how ... inventive. And you know Cathy finds something severe when she uncharacteristically tacks "man" onto the end of a sentence, as in: "So many trains, man." But man, she is so right. "[T]he 2010 script called for elegant dresses and lots of diamond jewelry from the usual willing lenders," she continues. The looks didn't seem that unusual for a red carpet, though the smattering of short dresses stood out this time. Had Lady Gaga made the carpet in that Prada tux, she might have been the most unusually dressed, yet also one of the most simplistic. But though critics so often bemoan beige on the red carpet, Horyn gives high marks to Vogue editor Lauren Santo Domingo.

I thought Lauren Santo Domingo looked terrific in a sparkly, long-sleeved beige dress by Proenza Schouler. It suited her height and coloring and it’s nice to see long sleeves.

Horyn loves her a fancy sleeve (she couldn't get over Ivanka Trump's Vera Wang wedding sleeves). Japanese Vogue's fashion director, Anna Dello Russo, also loved Santo Domingo. "[M]y fav at met ball?lauren santo domingo in proenza schouler," she tweeted this morning. Santo Domingo told Horyn she was channeling "Tom Ford." Should she also be commended for sourcing inspiration from an American designer at an event honoring the American woman? Not necessarily, according to Anna Wintour, who wore Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld, which is all kinds of foreign. "Well, if you see the exhibition, they’re all wearing French clothes," Anna explained. As if she'd be a traitor at her own ball.
nymag

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

The Verdict’s In: 1940s Silk Tap Shorts

Quote:
“I’m over skirts in general; they feel too junior,” says Vogue contributing editor Lauren Santo Domingo, “but there is something sexy yet refined about a pair of silk shorts.” . First reason to love this summer’s soft forties tap shorts: their sex appeal. As with feminine lingerie knickers, you cannot decide if they are girlishly feminine or bold and sassy. The consensus here at Vogue is that to retain their feminine mystique is to keep how you wear them simple, and (sometimes) a little structured; for further reference, look to Marco Zanini’s spring Rochas collection , with Zanini pairing his shorts with nipped waist jackets or skinny silken cardigans. Another reason to love shorts: their practicality. Traditionally, the tap short was foremost about mobility and functionality, and the 2010 versions are no different. “Shorts have the stereotype of being supershort and revealing,” says Vogue’s bookings editor, Valerie Boster. “But these styles drape with a bit of volume—not to mention they’re super comfortable!” Finally, that thorny question of what to wear instead of a pair of tap shoes. Our advice? Keep it flat with Oxfords or go all the way with a chunky-heeled strappy sandal à la Céline.

—Chelsea Zalopany

Quote:
Sea, $195

“They’re really simple, which is good,” Santo Domingosays, “as they can go minimal or maxed out—like with a Lanvin chain heel and a striped metallic top from Alexander Wang.”

Quote:
Elizabeth and James, $265
madisonlosangeles.com

“So romantic!” says Santo Domingo. “Just the shorts to wear with a stack of antique jewelry.”

Quote:
3.1 Phillip Lim, $275
3.1 Phillip Lim, NY

“I’m getting an industrial—military feel—so I’d like a very 1970s leather satchel worn across the body to make it perfect,” says contributing editor Lauren Santo Domingo.
vogue.com

Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 15-05-2010 at 12:07 PM.

18-05-2010
V.I.P.

Love her proenza gown at the MET gala

21-05-2010
V.I.P.

frontstyle

31-05-2010
V.I.P.

Margherita's Bag

Quote:
A new capsule collection of bags by Margherita Missoni, inspired by her friends

They are called Eugenie, Tati, Coco B, Coquine, Lsd and they expressthe tastes of the fashion icons of the moment, translated into an accessory. These are the new Margherita's Bags designed by Margherita Maccapani Missoni using her friends as icon of inspiration: Euegne Niarchos, Tatiana Santo Domingo, Coco Brandolini d'Adda and Lauren Santo Domingo.

So, the "Lsd" is a green quilted leather bag, printed with the classic Missoni's zig-zag pattern with a chain strap, with a chain strap; Euge is a multi-pocket bag that mixes different materials (leather, coconut, suede) and different colors for an ethno-chic mood. Each baghas a different style, all of them playing with some chic trick, likeadditional wool pompoms.

The Capsule collection is the real Margherita's debut in the couture world (she's now 27), after being the ambassador of her family's fashion house in the world for a long time

-Marta Casadei
vogue.it

Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 31-05-2010 at 09:46 AM.

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

Class Apeal

Quote:
The Vogue contributing editor, shot here with explorer and current Pacific Ocean wanderer David de Rothschild last New Year’s Eve in Cartagena, Colombia, has always been fashionable. She’ll kill me for mentioning this, but someone dug up some old Sassy magazines she appeared in as a teen model to prove this point. But Lauren is more than just a fashion plate; she’s also a fabulous hostess and an even better friend. Just ask me about the intimate dinner she threw at her house for 60 people to celebrate the launch of my book in April.

Photography and text by Derek Blasberg
vanityfair.com

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

Source: ladys-style.ru via Lacroix

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

I couldn't find any picture of Lauren at the CFDA, did she attend?

11-06-2010
V.I.P.

Loved the outfit in #755

13-06-2010
fashion icon

^me too! she looks so simple but chic!

13-06-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by guellin View Post
Loved the outfit in #755
Me too!

19-06-2010
V.I.P.

She was featured in several blogs wearing the b&w outfit during Paris Fashion Week back in october. It makes me think that simplicity and the less is more key many times works better.

04-07-2010
fashion icon

Leighton Meester: Parisian Retail Romp
Taking advantage of a break from her hectic filming schedule, Leighton Meester was spotted making her way around Paris, France on Sunday (July 4).
The "Gossip Girl" cutie was joined by a group of friends including Jessica Stam, Vogue editor Lauren Santo Domingo and her stylist Logan Horne, as they all headed off for a bite to eat at an outdoor eatery before doing a bit of shopping along the city streets.
As previously reported by Gossip Center, Leighton has been situated overseas as she shoots "Monte Carlo" alongside co-stars Selena Gomez and Katie Cassidy.
And recent rumors claim that Miss Meester has taken a liking to fellow co-star Luke Bracey, with an insider telling, "[They are] not currently an official item, but there is certainly an attraction... they are very close."

Celebritygossip.net

Originally posted by Boomer in Leightons thread

05-07-2010
she had boys in her room

Out in Paris - July 4, 2010

gossipcenter.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2011, august, domingo, lauren, santo, september