How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-06-2011
fashion icon

^Treefingers I totally understand what you mean about Lula magazine and Leith. I remember seeing and hearing about Lula for ages before I finally picked up an issue when I was in San Francisco because I couldn't find it my small town. I swear, Lula changed my life. It inspired me like no other magazine had and also made me realize why I love fashion. As for her humble beginnings it's nice to actually hear about someone who made a name for herself without having a lot of connections. It gives the rest of us hope!

Also, some new images with her friend Kirsten Dunst in London. The first two was at taken outside the club The Box the third at Wimbledon.

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by *ana*; 13-07-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Please do not post links in credits

09-07-2011
windowshopping

Can anyone I.D Leith's Sunglasses from Wimbeldon? I love them!

09-07-2011
V.I.P.

They look sort of like Dries Van Noten sunnies? But not sure...

10-07-2011
she had boys in her room

Leith Clark and Alexa Chung attend day two of the Hop Farm Festival at The Hop Farm on July 2, 2011 in Paddock Wood, England.

effyeahalexachung

20-08-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaology View Post
Can anyone I.D Leith's Sunglasses from Wimbeldon? I love them!
cacharel

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

UK ELLE MARCH 2012

Pretty Woman

Clťmence Poťsy by Pierre Bailly
Styled by Leith Clark
Hair by Alain Pichon
Makeup by Florrie White

clemence-poesy.org

09-07-2012
tfs star

From her wedding:

****yeahleithclark.tumblr.com and mrblasberg.com

V.I.P.

Leith looks so sweet in her wedding pictures - very lovely.

And the Italia Vogue ed is very ethereal and spritely - Ellen and she make a good team methinks.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
08-08-2012
backstage pass

Does anyone know who makes the amazing cat shoes she is wearing in her wedding pictures? danke!

08-08-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbizon View Post
Does anyone know who makes the amazing cat shoes she is wearing in her wedding pictures? danke!
Charlotte Olympia, available on her website:
http://www.charlotteolympia.com/brid...-110-2123.html

11-09-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
LEITH CLARK, STYLIST & EDITOR IN CHIEF, LULA

Catching up with the expert traveler at her hotel during New York Fashion Week

ďI fly a lot, a few times a month or more. I get a lot done on planes. I feel like itís a very creative time. Itís kind of the only time where you know where youíve been, you know that this is a moment in-between, and you know where youíre going. Itís like time is standing still for a while. And, generally, in real life, we never really have that in-between timeóespecially when youíre freelance like me, and youíre doing all of these overlapping projects all the time. I get a lot of ideas, too. I write a lot of random stuff down. My iPhone will be on ĎAirplane Mode,í and Iíll start setting reminders. Iíll write notes to myself, like, ĎRead this again,í or ĎDo this.í Iíll write a book title, or different products I want to try. And then you can just put a check mark when you actually do it.

When you fall asleep on a plane and you wake up, and itís the next dayóthereís something so yuck about that, so I feel like the fabric and fit of what youíre wearing is a nice way to not feel gross. And I always travel with a Ralph Lauren cashmere blanket, so I can wrap up my legs. It has my husbandís last initial on itómy parents bought it for me. I love it; it comes with an eye mask!

What else do I bring on the planeÖBose headphones, some kind of face mask. I usually buy Ren travel-size ones on eBay. You can get ten at once. I like the Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask; it feels as if youíre coated, and then you can go in the bathroom and wash it off. Itís just so dry on the plane that when you donít do something for your skin, it feels really gross when you wake up. You can drink so much water and it doesnít even help. So, at the same time that youíd brush your teeth before going to bed, you can also do a peel, wash it off, and put night cream on. It feels nicer when you wake up. I also love SKII Facial Treatment Masks; I always travel with those, so the first night youíre in a hotel room, you can get your skin balanced.

At night, even on a plane, I use NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream. Thereís a woman in London named Dr. Frances Prenna Jones who does this whole thing where she goes through your products and tells you what to use. You know how you can be using products that you think are helping but you donít know what it would be like if you didnít use them? And you donít know if youíre mixing too many of them together? Itís like how people mix medications and bad things happen. I have three different toners I useówhat if I use them at the same time? Does it cross them all out? Are they no good then? So I went and met this doctor three months before I was getting married. Iíd never gone to see a dermatologist beforeóI just went, ĎHi, how am I doing? Whatís up?í And she told me to use NeoStrata. She has her own expensive line, but she still recommended this product one for me. She said, ĎYour skin is good, youíre young. Itís just about maintenance, not about changing or reversing.í

In the morning, I have a process. I wash with either Cetaphil when Iím in a rush, or Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser, which you use with these special cloths. It takes a little bit of time, you soak the cloth with hot water, put it on your face for a second, do it again, and so on; itís kind of a process. But itís so nice, and you should make time, but sometimes you donít. I quite often choose the Snooze button over doing anything.

After cleansing, I use Arcona Cranberry Toner. Arcona also makes these Triad Pads, which I use to take off my makeup. Theyíre so niceóyou can even take mascara off with them. And theyíre great because, even if you donít put on a cream afterwards, you donít wake up in the morning feeling gross; your skin doesnít feel stiff, like with other makeup removers. Anyway, after toner, Iíll mix in a different serum: Thalgo Serum díException. Itís seaweed-y and seaweed is one of the best things for you! My uncle is diabetic and reads about superfoods all the time and heís always obsessed with telling us about how good it is for you. If Iím in New York, I like going to this place on West Broadway, Bunya Citi Spa. They have a great whole-body seaweed wrap. You have to sit still for a while, and itís a good lesson in just being still. I eat seaweed a lot, tooóseaweed salads, hijikiÖ yum.

I change the serum I use all the time. Whenever I have a facial or work with somebody I like, Iíll say, ĎOK, Iíll take that!í I did a campaign last year with Sienna Miller for this Korean skincare company, Amore Pacific, that has a spa on Spring Street. They gave me a bunch of products after that, and I loved them. They have a Rejuvenating Serum thatís really amazing, but the top comes off when I travel and it squirts, so I leave it at home. I like their mist, too, but itís big, and I canít travel with big products.

For moisturizer, I love Declťor Hydra Floral Flower Essence Moisturizing Creamóitís almost finished. If I use it for a while, I think it makes my hair get greasy. I have long bangs and theyíre always touching my face, and I find that if I am doing the same product for a few weeks, it will start to make my hair oily, but it doesnít do that if Iíve just started using it. So, Iíll stop one for a while and do something else, like Thalgo Creme díException.

I think itís good to change your products, because you know how, with mineral water, whenever they reveal something about itóyou cant drink it out of plastic bottles, or this brandís water is dirtyóall of a sudden thatís like a huge revelation? Thereís always these new things that come up. So Iíve always thought you shouldnít put all your eggs in one basket, because that could happen with anything. You should keep changing. Like, some days I wonít use anything, and other days, Iíll be like, ĎI want to feel really nice and smell nice,í so Iíll just go to the store and buy a new cream with pretty packaging.

In terms of makeup, Iím not used to seeing stuff on my face, reallyóIím quite bare-faced during the day, whereas for nighttime, itís nice to have a color-color, maybe. I like the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars. Most things I get from different makeup artists, and that I found out about from Romy Soleimani; she uses them all the time and likes them. Iím a bit of an idiot with makeup, so people are always like, ĎOh, this is a really easy one!í Anything thatís child-friendly is nice, nothing too complicated. Like, simple, use-your-fingers stuff. So, lipstick can feel kind of serious to me, whereas this Lip Tar is just dab-y. Dior Diorshow Mascara is easy and Stila Convertible Color is great, as well. Itís trashed! The lid doesnít even stay on. I should get a new one, but I really only buy beauty things on the internet or at the airport, or after a facial if it was good. But otherwise, I would never think of it; I wouldnít go to a Sephora. Iíd go to Beauty.com or whatever.

For my hair, I love the Kiehlís Silk Groom Serumóalso, Pureology Antifade Complex shampoo and conditioner. Itís made for color-treated hair, and I donít have colored hair, but a hairdresser gave it to me and I loved it. I always remembered when I used to color my hair in high school, how much softer it was, so Iím thinking maybe itís better to use shampoo for colored hair. It makes my hair much silkier.

I donít usually use the hotelís products. I would only do that if I ran out of my stuff. Except, when I was on honeymoon with my husband [James Hatt] in July, we stated at a place called Como Shambhala and they have the best productsóthe shampoo I loved! Normally, hotel shampoos are a non-lather situation. I donít like them, but I loved theirs. It was fun to have a travel-sized shampoo I could travel with for a while, but now Iím back to traveling with my Pureology.

This is usually what I keep by my bed wherever Iím staying: Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream and Caudalie Lip Conditioner. And Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist is a bit heavy, but itís a nice refresher when I come home at the end of the day. This cashmere eye mask is great, as well. And when Iím not travelling or on a plane, I keep my blanket set in the freezer, because England has a weird moth problem. We keep a lot of our knitwear in bags, just in case, and instead of making this blanket complicated to get to, I just put it in a freezer. People will come over and think itís strange, but it kills the mothsí eggs. It doesnít harm the fabric or anything. Actually, I have an AlaÔa skirt that lives in the freezer, too, because Iím terrified of them eating that.Ē

óas told to ITG

Leith Clark, in an Orla Kiely dress, photographed by Emily Weiss at the NoMad Hotel in New York on September 10th, 2012.
There are more photos on the website.

intothegloss.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
clark, leith