Margherita Missoni (September 2004 - March 2010) - Page 14 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-03-2006
fashion insider

30-03-2006
fashion insider

i don't know what happend to my pics,i'm new at this, I don't know how to post all of my pics in one post from supload. can anyone help me

Last edited by adore dior; 30-03-2006 at 09:54 AM.

30-03-2006
fashion insider

WENN ,sorry thair small

30-03-2006
fashion insider

more

30-03-2006
backstage pass

She looks very natural. Not overly beautiful, but fresh.

31-03-2006
fashion insider

bruno press

in london on the 25th

31-03-2006
fashion insider

here is a pic of the whole dress : bruno press

31-03-2006
just because I'm losing

^So gorgeous! Thankyou......karma

31-03-2006
fashion insider

^your welcom
Getty: at a vip launch party for her perfume on the 22nd
and an old pic of her and her ex federico floriani... he's so hot

i don't know why my pics come out small when u click on them, sorry

Last edited by adore dior; 31-03-2006 at 08:42 AM.

01-04-2006
i am not a robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adore dior
^your welcom
Getty: at a vip launch party for her perfume on the 22nd
and an old pic of her and her ex federico floriani... he's so hot

i don't know why my pics come out small when u click on them, sorry
Erm.. can you make or find your own avatar please?

05-04-2006
trendsetter

post 198 she looks like a goddess..like a true mediteranean beauty.

05-04-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflash
Erm.. can you make or find your own avatar please?
what are u talking about u stole my avatar. i posted the missoni add in the avatar thread and asked if someone could convert it for me. next thing i know i go on a different thread like 10 minutes later and someone is already useing it after i already added it to my post

Last edited by adore dior; 05-04-2006 at 10:57 AM.

08-04-2006
kabhi alvida

Missoni accomplished
(Filed: 08/04/2006)
Margherita Missoni, elder scion of the fashion dynasty, has fled Italy to study acting in New York. But as the model for the company's new perfume ads, she cannot escape the family's clutches for long. By Lucie Young
Everybody seems so perfect and so made up these days. Maybe my looks are more honest and true,' Margherita Missoni says, looking at herself in the new Missoni perfume ads for which she is the spokesmodel. In person the 23-year-old resembles a young Ali McGraw; she has the same freshly scrubbed bohemian air and evokes a simpler, more innocent time. 'People ask me if I am her daughter,' she tells me.
Poster girl: Margherita MissoniThe Missonis have survived a long time in the fashion world, more than half a century, and throughout that time they have stayed true to their origins. In recent years, Angela, with her daughter Margherita as her muse, has given the signature zigzag designs a sexier edge, and sales have risen steadily by nearly 20 per cent year on year. Business is clearly going well; in 2007, the family will expand their empire into the hospitality industry with a chain of Missoni hotels starting in London, Dubai and Milan.
The Missonis work and live together in an extended family arrangement in Sumirago, northern Italy, that is loving and supportive, but also highly emotional. The house Margherita grew up in nestles in 15 acres of woods, with its own chicken house, orchard, bathhouse, pool and flower gardens. The idyllic alpine setting is close to Lake Maggiore, 60 miles north of Milan. The family built their factory here in 1969 and then moved to the area in 1972. 'We never changed house in all my life in the country. I still have the same bedroom,' Margherita says.
Margherita is the company's heir apparent, and, although there are eight other Missoni grandchild-ren jockeying for position, Margherita is the oldest and the most obvious successor. Two years ago she moved to New York, one suspects to get a much needed breather from this close-knit clan in Italy. Over lunch she talks about her family and in particular her birdlike grandmother Rosita, who founded the company in 1953.
'My grandmother brought me up,' she says. 'My mum was always working. My grandmother was like my second mother. But I was so scared of her. Little things I did wrong, she would make me notice. I understood that it was because she loved me so much and cared so much. But I was afraid of disappointing her. If she knew I was having such a hard time because of her, she would probably have done anything so that wouldn't happen.'
Angela Missoni, Margherita's mother and Rosita's eldest child, was a self-professed rebel and claims she didn't speak to her mother until after she had her own children. But Margherita is the diplomat and peacemaker in the family, the one who never rocks the boat. 'I would do anything not to disappoint anyone and make sure that -people were happy. My whole life I was always the perfect girl. When I was at school I always felt I had to be the best.'
Margherita now works as an ambassador for the company (50 per cent of her time is devoted to modelling Missoni clothes at parties and for fashion shoots). She also intended to continue her studies in philosophy, at Columbia University. 'When I first moved here, I didn't have a great time. Columbia said they wouldn't transfer my credits from Italy. I was crying for 20 hours a day,' she says. 'My mum was really clever. I had always liked to act, to be on the stage, but I had always thought I should finish my studies and then maybe I could do that. But my mum said, "I am not paying for any more shrinks unless you go back to acting." So I started taking acting classes again… The day I started, the sun was shining, and I suddenly found people to talk to.'
Margherita is now happily enrolled at the celebrated Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute (where Marilyn Monroe, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman earned their stripes). Her grandmother likes to tell everyone that she is still studying -philosophy, but Margherita is in heaven. She and a fellow Italian, the model Maria Carla Boscono, will shortly be starring in a small off-off-Broadway production of Genet's play The Maids.

08-04-2006
kabhi alvida

Margherita with grandmother Rosita and mother Angela When she first came to New York, Margherita lived on the Upper East Side, an area encrusted with socialites, plastic surgeons' offices and ritzy boutiques. 'You walk around and no one says hi. Not even where you go and eat every day do they know you because there are so many people walking in and out,' she sniffs. Recently, though, she has moved to a hanky-size one-bedroom apartment in a street full of rickety-looking five-storey tenements on the edge of SoHo. It is a bare-bones space, overlooking a garage, with an 80-year-old upstairs neighbour who smokes pot and regularly floods the bath. It is not the apartment you would expect for the heiress to a multi-million-pound fashion fortune. Rosita (who founded the Missoni Home brand three years ago) has offered to help decorate the flat. So far, Margherita has picked only one B&B Italia couch, but Rosita is full-steam ahead on the project. 'She sent me all these faxes and e-mails with the colours I could pick.'
This area, famous for its glamorous lofts and hip boutiques, welcomed the first wave of Italian immigrants at the turn of the 20th century, and today gaggles of Italian men still sit out on their stoops reading the papers, chatting and watching the day go by. 'It is a very southern Italian thing to do,' Margherita says, tucking into a plate of buffalo mozzarella and spinach heavily laced with garlic at one of the area's popular Italian restaurants. 'And why not spend your day like the Greek philosophers Plato or Socrates in the piazza - how you say, the square? - chatting, if you have nothing else to do?' Margherita is reading up on the history of the area and tells me that near where she lives, there used to be a sign that read, 'No dogs, ******s or Italians above this line.'
In 2003 Margherita made American Vogue's best-dressed list. Today she is wearing spray-on-tight Miss Sixty jeans and two black and white bangles from the Paris fashion store Colette. One says 'so couture', the other 'just perfect' ('Mum gave me these to make fun of me,' she says, rolling her eyes). She is also wearing a Prada jumper and a Missoni brown and pink stripy jumper over the top, and black cowboy boots. Two years ago she said cowboy boots ought to be banned. 'My father wore cowboy boots all his life. I was so ashamed because I wanted a dad in a suit and a tie,' she says sheepishly. She dreaded most his appearance at school parents' evenings when he would turn up in a black-fringed leather jacket with a skull on the back and his cowboy boots, looking like a roadie for the Grateful Dead.
Her parents divorced when she was seven but her mum continued to invite her dad and his girlfriend on regular family holidays to Sardinia. She also defended him in front of the children. 'Even if she was pissed off or upset with him, she would tell us what a special person he was. I think that was the best thing my mum did for us. She never considered our dad her ex-husband. He was always our father.'
Evidently her father found it hard to exist inside a matriarchy. 'My mum was making more money than he was and by the time he was 29 he had this big, big strong family on my mother's side,' Margherita explains. The one man in the family who revels in the company of strong women is Rosita's husband, Tai (short for Ottavio). Apparently nothing can put a dent in his titanium ego. When Margherita was a child, he proudly supplied her with portraits of his younger self to hang on her bedroom walls. 'We found one the other day with him dressed as Cupid with a crown of little daisies and a bow and arrow,' she says with a giggle. 'He always thought a lot of himself.' The company chronology boasts his innumerable achievements, including being voted one of the 10 most elegant men in the world in 1976, along with Prince Charles and Robert Redford.
Margherita expects that by the time she is 30 she will have returned to rural Italy and be married with children. For the moment, she is enjoying life in New York, even if it is occasionally full of surprises. 'Mum totally didn't prepare me at all,' she says of her involvement with the Missoni fragrance. She knew her mother was talking to Estée Lauder in New York about formulating a new perfume (the company's first in more than 20 years), but she had no idea what part she was supposed to play until she was called to Estée Lauder's offices and shown a book with her own image superimposed on the advertising graphics.
Fortunately she is mad about perfume. 'Amber was my mum's perfume so that is a big thing in the fragrance. My grandmother's main hobby - like a full-time job - is her gardening. I grew up with her so I spent a lot of time in her garden, so things like persimmon and nespolo [medlar tree] are there from my childhood… and the roses and peonies, those were the garden's things.' As a child she -cherished a collection of baby bottles of perfume that her mother gave her. 'One day my brother Francesco emptied all my perfume down the sink. I hated him for it,' she says. 'He was always mischievous. He was the second child and always -trying to get attention. When he was about three he would open the freezer and pee in it.' Relations with Francesco, two years her junior, have greatly improved since then. Nowadays he fills up her iPod with his favourite songs. 'I'm not very good with computers,' she admits.
While Margherita tends to express intense, unvarnished emotions about her family, these are the people she knows best and loves the most. 'My mum and my sister [Teresa, aged 17] are my closest friends. If I really want to talk to someone without having to explain anything, that's who I call.' It is hard to imagine Margherita working outside the family fold. 'There are nine grandchildren in the family and certainly someone will want to be there. Maybe me, too, one day.'
8 March 2005: Bohemian rhapsody [Margherita Missoni on her family collection]

11-04-2006
just because I'm losing

(style.com)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, march, margherita, missoni, september