How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2011
V.I.P.

W NOVEMBER 2011

Fabulous Fakes

Anna Dello Russo, Brana Wolf, Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele, Polly Mellen, Marie-Amélie Sauvé, Lori Goldstein by Steven Meisel
Styled by Edward Enninful

wmagazine

Last edited by tarsha; 17-10-2011 at 11:38 AM.

18-10-2011
trendsetter

I don't get this one.

V.I.P.

^It's a fake ad for the November issue of W featuring 6 legendary stylists 'advertising' an imaginary facial creme. It's fun and fabulous!

V.I.P.

streetpeeper

30-01-2012
trendsetter

I adore her in those Balenciaga heels!

.my prison is your brain.

She's doing a fashion week diary with The Cut blog

Day 1
For nearly two decades, French stylist Marie-Amélie Sauvé has consistently blown minds with her directional work with Nicolas Ghesquière at Balenciaga. Naturally, we're thrilled to be showcasing her daily outfits throughout fall 2012 New York Fashion Week. Sauvé starts her week by mixing her favorite fitted Balenciaga coat with the label's spring 2012 knee-high zipper boots and two-tone clutch. Which shows is she most looking forward to this week? Alexander Wang, as "he's very fresh and cool; and doesn't try too hard," and Marc Jacobs.

On Marie-Amélie: Balenciaga coat, Balenciaga spring 2012 boots, Balenciaga spring 2012 bag, Balenciaga sweater, wool skirt from Joseph, Balenciaga spring 2011 watch, vintage diamond bracelet, and her family's ring.

About the look: "[My look] is very simple. I wear this coat almost every day; it's very easy to wear and it's good because it's really fitted. It's like a bit of a school uniform for me. I like to wear a lot of black and quite fitted clothes, usually."

Day 2
One of the things that stands out most about Marie-Amélie Sauvé's style is her tendency to wear classic garments with just that little wink of a twist. Take, for example, this spring 2012 Junya Watanabe raincoat, which is an intriguing hybrid of coat, dress, and cape, all at the same time. Sauvé paired it with two of her wardrobe staples: Azzedine Alaïa's black leggings and Gianvito Rossi's classic pumps. Finally, to add some color to her all-black look, she grabbed Balenciaga's most-wanted spring 2012 accessory: the double bag.

On Marie-Amélie: Junya Watanabe spring 2012 Mackintosh-fabric raincoat, Rick Owens sweater, Azzedine Alaïa leggings, Gianvito Rossi pumps, Balenciaga spring 2012 bag, Balenciaga fur gloves, Balenciaga spring 2011 watch, vintage diamond bracelet, and her family's ring.
About the look: "These are the things I wear almost every day — quite fitted clothes. Azzedine Alaïa is always tailored well and I like the Watanabe because, again, it's fitted, but with that cape it's quite structural. I'm going to work until late so this is quite comfortable for me, and easy. "

nymag.com/thecut

10-02-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

OMG thank you so much for this news

I always wish we'd get more pictures of her streetstyle. I'm so happy right now.

front row

Day Three

Quote:
Today, stylist Marie-Amélie Sauvé went for a complete Balenciaga look. She chose four pieces from the label's spring 2012 collection: a navy striped vest, bunny-ear pumps, a delicate glass bracelet, and a new variation of yesterday's double-bag.

On Marie-Amélie: Balenciaga tank top, vest, skirt, pumps, watch, glass bracelet, and bag, vintage diamond bracelet, and her family's ring.

About the look: "I thought it would be nice to wear a short skirt today because, yesterday, I was wearing pants. I have a dinner later tonight, so I don't know if I would have time later to change. I wanted to wear something that's day and night — but still comfortable. It's easy and I can move freely."
nymag/the cut

Last edited by parkaboy; 11-02-2012 at 03:10 PM.
11-02-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I have a bit of a hard time with the new Balenciaga footwear collection, but that outfit is again amazing.
I hope she'll wear other brands during the week, though.

V.I.P.

I love that she wore that Watanabe cape-trenchcoat (#313)!! It looks fabulous on her - thanks for posting.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
11-02-2012
trendsetter

how amazing does she look in head-to-toe Balenciaga
love her

fashion elite

i love her outfit on day 2. i wish we had bigger/better pictures!

12-02-2012
no tom ford, no thanks.

she embodies that big city balenciaga girl better than any other.

front row

Fashion Week Style Diaries: Balenciaga’s Marie-Amélie Sauvé
By James Lim

Day Four

Quote:
French stylist Marie-Amélie Sauvé stayed true to her fitted, mostly black aesthetic for the fourth day of New York Fashion Week. Given the frigid weather, Sauvé layered two black Prada sweaters underneath an Azzedine Alaïa fur bolero. She completed her look with several pieces from Balenciaga's spring 2012 collection: three of the label's glass bracelets, a bag, and a new variation of yesterday's bunny-ear pumps.

On Marie-Amélie: Azzedine Alaïa fur bolero and skirt, Prada sweaters, Wolford stockings, Balenciaga glass bracelets, heels, and bag.

About the look: "This is a very easy look — black, fitted, and comfortable. I have to run around everywhere, and, also, I'll be working late. It's very cold today, so I layered two sweaters. I thought, 'Oh my God, real fur could be nice today because it's really cold.''
Day Five

Quote:
If you're a Balenciaga fan, you're in for a treat. The label's longtime stylist, Marie-Amélie Sauvé, just happened to be wearing a coat from the forthcoming pre-fall 2013 collection this morning. Yes, folks, that's pre-fall 2013 — not fall 2012, nor resort 2013. For the rest of her ensemble, Sauvé mixed in pieces from the label's previous seasons: a sweater, miniskirt (which is emerging as somewhat of style trademark for her), a double-bag, heels, and her favorite watch from the spring 2011 "punk" collection.

On Marie-Amélie: Balenciaga coat, sweater, miniskirt, heels, and watch, Wolford tights, and her family's ring.

About the look: "I didn't realize how cold it was today. I should have worn my little fur bolero over my coat. [But], I always think about my clothes being sharp and fitted. The silhouette is important for me."
nymag/thecut

15-02-2012
front row

Fashion Week Style Diaries: Day Six
By James Lim

Quote:
Today, stylist Marie-Amélie Sauvé kept her look simple, black, and fitted — as per ... well, pretty much every day. Sauvé wore an Azzedine Alaïa sheepskin coat, paired with Balenciaga's leather leggings and Alexander Wang's pre-fall 2012 stiletto ankle booties. Her Balenciaga spring 2012 clutch makes another appearance, as do her fur gloves.

On Marie-Amélie: Balenciaga sweater, leggings, clutch, watch, and gloves, Azzedine Alaïa coat, Alexander Wang heels, vintage diamond bracelet, and her family's ring.

About the look: "I was so scared to be cold, so I thought I had to wear my sheepskin and fur gloves, but the weather is actually quite great. As always, [my look is] easy, comfortable, and fitted. For me, this is my uniform."
nymag/thecut

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
marieamélie, sauvé