How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2011
.my prison is your brain.

The Pain and the Great One reference is too funny, long-live Judy Blume!

19-06-2011
scenester

Love her. Her direction is delightfully obvious.

.my prison is your brain.

Can't wait to see her French Vogue "Une Fille Un Style" feature shot by Maya from Turned Out!

Quote:
i was pleased when Vogue.fr asked me to shoot for their Une Fille Un Style feature and especially glad that i was able to take pictures of Marina - cos aside from the obvious, you know really pretty pretty, really gooooood style she is really fun to hang with and serves the best tea and biscuits at her place, so yeah, thanks miss Marina, thanks Vogue.fr x
source: turnedout.tv

20-06-2011
trendsetter

^ Here it is:
http://www.vogue.fr/mode/une-fille-u...9/image/386356

25-06-2011
Distract Me...

source: fromme-toyou.tumblr.com

V.I.P.

Great photo! I love what she is wearing

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Marina Muñoz by Justin Hollar for Vogue.com

Quote:
Man Up - In this shoot for Vogue.com, photographer Justin Hollar captures stylist Marina Muñoz in her own looks gathered from recent menswear collections. Using feminine pieces to transform masculine looks, Muñoz embraces the different cut of these selects, proving that women can smartly wear clothing made for men. With polished hair and make-up by Emi Kaneko, Muñoz exudes an elegant pragmatism in menswear pieces from Alexander McQueen, Dries Van Noten, Jil Sander, Prada, Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière and Patrik Ervell.

fashiongonerogue.com

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therawpower View Post
anyone know how old is she??
She's featured in the Fall 2011 Madewell catalog (the very last page). They list her as being 29.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAv_L...layer_embedded
She's in this Fall '11 Madwell video at 2:18

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

V.I.P.

V.I.P.

The Briefing

Quote:
The Argentinean stylist Marina Muñoz is well versed in cuff links, oxford flats, panama hats and all manner of tomboy dressing. A woman who wears pantsuits with her glossy long hair flowing, she makes classic men’s wear look terrifically elegant. So when the idea to swap our girlie satchels for our boyfriends’ no-fuss briefcases struck, I knew exactly who to take with me to the men’s department.

Our first stop: Barneys New York. “This one’s kind of groovy,” says Muñoz, pawing a fire red briefcase by the Italian brand Serapian that’s only a tad larger than an iPad case. “Oh my goodness, look inside — it fits an iPad, iPhone, lipstick … done.” Maybe the first thing one is reminded of when shopping for briefcases is that they are designed with men at work in mind, which means they complement virtually any color palette, they often get better looking with age, and their interiors are all about organization. “It’s the functional stuff that’s so often missing in women’s bags,” Muñoz says, assessing one by Want Les Essentiels de la Vie. “To think that I can fit my Moleskine notebook, checkbook and cashmere sweater in this, or even use it as an overnight bag — it really works for a woman, too.”

Next up: the go-to American gentleman’s store Brooks Brothers, where a doctor’s bag doppelgänger and sharp-edged rectangular envelopes are displayed handsomely throughout sales floor. It was a cognac- colored alligator attaché that caught Muñoz’s eye: “This is exquisite. Hail a taxi holding this and they’ll all stop for you,” she says holding it at her hip. “I would wear it with a pair of A.P.C. jeans, a cashmere sweater and Belgian loafers.”

So what’s the moral of this story? Sometimes looking for love in all the wrong places can be absolutely right. Or, as Muñoz put it as we exited Brooks Brothers, “maybe you can find everything you need in the men’s department.”

tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com

Last edited by Nani; 09-12-2011 at 04:52 PM.
09-12-2011
V.I.P.

TOMMY TON'S 2010 BEST-DRESSED LIST
the fashion insiders out resident photoblogger couldn't get enough of this year

Quote:
Marina Muñoz became a darling of the blogosphere this year for a cool, eclectic style that mixes vintage romance with bits from her boyfriend's closet. Representing a new group of twentysomethings, she's someone to look out for other than the usual suspects.
style.com

V.I.P.

Street Style: Marina Munoz part2

Quote:
Name:
Marina Munoz

Freelance Stylist based in NYC

Where are you from:
Argentina

Favorite Designers and Stores:
"I love Lanvin, Balenciaga... I'm obsessed with Mark Fast, the knitwear designer from London. I love his stuff."

Describe Your Personal Style:

"Feminine/Masculine. Chic and ethnic."

Head To Toe:
Uvaia shirt, For Joseph leather pants, Zara shoes, Tardan hat, Givenchy bag, rings from Mexico.

Where are you heading:
"I'm going to West Broadway."

stylecaster.com/

V.I.P.

Meet the Model: Marina Munoz
by DARIA RADLINSKI

Quote:

We’re always excited when designers hand-pick their buddies to come in and model their clothes for our site. Mostly because they always hook us up with the bubbliest, coolest people they know. That being said, Stephanie Tran of DUSKIN was definitely on point when she offered up her friend Marina Munoz to front her collection. Not only does she have impeccable personal style, as you may have seen while cruising sites like JAK & JIL, but she’s also made the best Grace Coddington Halloween costume you’ve ever seen!

Your neighborhood (in NY):

South Williamsburg!

Hometown: I guess Buenos Aires... I have lived all over the place.

Tell us how you and the Stephanie first met:

Hmmm, We met out and about over a year ago. My boyfriend is a good friend of hers and he introduced us. We clicked. Stephanie is a kindred spirit -- she has a strong sense of style and has really good taste. I love her as a designer and even more as a friend. 

What is your favorite thing about Stephanie?

I like that she is well rounded as a person, as a woman. You can talk to her about anything, she is smart and funny and quirky. I guess that is why I love her clothes, they're so effortless and chic. She uses amazing fabrics and her blouses and jackets are so clean and classic. Her dresses just glide on you... very feminine with a twist.

What was the easiest or hardest thing about modeling for Opening Ceremony?
Nothing hard about it, actually... It was a really good experience, I got to see the office, the wall of shoes... I got to meet Daria and Stephen! What a great team, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I wish all shoots where that easy and zero drama!

If you could steal one thing from today’s shoot what would it be?
Can it be two things? That sleeveless pink dress with the pockets and those fabulous Repetto suede shoes... The perfect outfit for day-transition-evening....

Essential photo shoot song?

I didn't really focus on the music... I mostly concentrated on our talks about the art of smiling for a photo and Nigel [Barker, famed fashion photographer].

Most prized possession?

My fake Cartier ring…

Best gift you've ever received?
I got two amazing gifts for Christmas, a coyote fur hat and a Surface to Air cape... love them!

Best gift you’ve ever given? 

I have given my boyfriend a pretty radical Waterloo Work Station in red for his Lambretta's. His hobby is to repair them on his downtime. He loved it and it made me so happy. Boys are hard to shop for!

Best past Halloween costume?
I went as Grace Coddington last Halloween...amazing outfit. The year before that, my boyfriend and I went as The Lovers from the Marguerite Duras film...super cute. 

What is something that everyone should try at least once?
Sweetbreads...they are delicous and taste almost like foie gras!

Quote:
Giving us her best model off duty.

Quote:
Outtakes on set.

Quote:
Grace Coddington for Halloween. WIN!*

Quote:
Marina and her bf Sabastian as The Lover(s). BIWINNING!

Quote:
Marina's favorite outfit from the shoot!

Quote:
Some other favorites

openingceremony.us

Last edited by Nani; 12-12-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
marina, munoz, stylist