How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

New York Fashion Week...Marina

vanessajackman.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Nani; 12-12-2011 at 07:13 PM.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

New York Fashion Week SS 2011...Marina

vanessajackman.blogspot.com

V.I.P.

Shopping the London Show Rooms with Hanne Gaby Odiele, Marina Muñoz and Kate Foley
Photographed by Evan Sung

Quote:
Marina Muñoz has lived in several locales over the years, including Mexico City, Paris, and Buenos Aires, but London is still uncharted fashion territory for the New York–based stylist. “I love the British tradition of tailoring,” says Muñoz, before flipping her way through the racks. With a knack for infusing masculine looks with a feminine sense of ease, Muñoz is already familiar with the work of menswear designers like J. W. Anderson, who recently turned his hand to womenswear. Today she’s looking for pieces that speak to her more whimsical, girlie side too. “As much as I like menswear-inspired clothing, it’s nice to dress up too.”

Quote:
J. W. Anderson shorts
“I like that his new paisley print is a little bit tongue-in-cheek," says Muñoz. "If you look closely you can see that there are tiny hearts in there and polka dots, too. Silk shorts are that much more special than an ordinary pair of cotton shorts, so I could wear them to the office without looking underdressed with a white T-shirt and a chambray shirt or a beautiful sweater and the brogues that I always wear.”

Quote:
Thomas Tait pink pants
“I would wear these pants in rose or mint which seems to be popping up all over the collections here," Muñoz says. "You could throw them on with a simple white tank or blazer but it would I think an autumnal color like maroon would also be a good pairing. That light pink is really fresh with my complexion.”

Quote:
Simone Rocha white lace transparent skirt
“I’ve been wanting to wear more skirts and this one is really special,” she says. “With this clear PVC, it’s almost as if the lace is suspended in thin air. It’s such a fantastic idea and would look great with a bathing suit and a pair of Mary Janes.”

Quote:
James Long embellished jacket
“The attention to details on this jacket is incredible; you can even open and close the sequin flowers on it," she says. "It really reminds me of something you would see in an Almodóvar film. I’m Spanish, so I’m drawn to all things super-embellished. This would be a good opportunity for me to pull out my grosgrain ribbon Lanvin heels.”

Quote:
Palmer//Harding pleated white muslin shirt
“A white shirt is part of my everyday wardrobe; it’s an homage to my father and his tailored suits," she says. "Each one of these buttondowns is fantastic, particularly the ones with all the hidden details like the belts they’ve built into the shirt so it doesn’t shift.”
vogue.com

Last edited by Nani; 13-12-2011 at 03:11 PM.
13-12-2011
V.I.P.

Marina Muñoz Gets a Sneak Peek at Brooklyn’s Newest Hot Spot, the Hotel Williamsburg
by Molly Creeden

Quote:
Arriving at North Twelfth Street, in the manner espoused by all style-minded girls who hail from Brooklyn (which is to say, on an awesome vintage bike and looking like she just popped out of a Copenhagen style blog), Marina Muñoz hops off the seat, taking care to keep her bright red Vena Cava skirt from catching the gears. “I bike everywhere,” she says, smiling up from under a Panama hat. “I feel like this neighborhood is more of a town. You know the people and their stores; you say hello to friends on the street. People aren’t in rush; they aren’t rude.” On a spectacular summer day, the stylist and the subject of Vogue’s July Index section had pedaled up from South Williamsburg, where she lives in The Gretsch Building—a converted guitar factory that houses the apartment she shares with her boyfriend, photographer Sebastian Kim. She’d come to check out the new Hotel Williamsburg, where finishing touches were underway. “I can’t wait for it to open,” she says, stepping into the elevator en route to the eighth-floor roof deck. “It’s the perfect addition to the neighborhood.”

The pulse of Williamsburg is something on which Muñoz is a bit of an authority. Having bounced back and forth between Brooklyn and points all over the globe over the past ten years, she’s repeatedly lured back to the borough and, in particular, Williamsburg, with its ongoing transformation from a neighborhood with “mostly Polish restaurants and a Mexican deli” to a thriving music, art, and restaurant scene, complete with a Momofuku Milk Bar, and a bevy of galleries. “I like to give my personal-chic tour of Williamsburg to skeptical Manhattanites,” she says. “You want Michelin restaurants? You want vintage stores? Haberdasheries? Cute guys? We have them.” When the elevator doors part, Muñoz’s eyes are met with the arresting view—the Manhattan skyline to the west, and to the east, treetops galore. “Oh this is incredible,” she says.

Slated to open in early August, the Gene Kaufman Architects and Studio GAIA–designed Hotel Williamsburg will be the first full-service boutique hotel in the borough, bringing together the high-caliber elements of the New York hospitality industry with the neighborhood’s eclectic vibe. Each of the 64 rooms comes with a Crosley turntable, supplemented by the hotel’s well-stocked collection of vinyl (including a specially made mix by local label Mexican Summer). The pool deck will be outfitted with an integral local staple: a taco truck. Miami this is not. Though the cabanas and bar will undoubtedly be hopping with those well-practiced in keeping cool, the vibe is laid-back: a bit bohemian, but chic. “It elevates the neighborhood without disrupting what Williamsburg is about,” says Munoz, who is looking forward to trying the restaurant, helmed by Andres Grundy (formerly of L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon at the Four Seasons) and visiting the site’s art gallery (rumored to be curated by PS1). That seamless element was important to developer Ben Graves, of Graves Hospitality, who opted for organic finishes—stone, metal, glass, and woods—that would fit unobtrusively into the block. Graves also fostered partnerships with local vendors, and a few from just over the river: Mast Brothers Chocolate, Brooklyn Brewery, a to-be-named local bike manufacturer, Malin+Goetz grooming products, and Tortoise and Blonde eyewear (staff will be outfitted in sun and prescription frames).

Joining Muñoz on the roof, Graves envisions the rooftop scene, with a raw bar, and a cocktail menu by Alchemy Consultants is in the works. He’s clear that the scene will not, however, look like something out of an episode of Sex and the City. “I’m sure there will be a line at the door to go to the rooftop, and it will probably be great people-watching, but we’re not going to be picking and choosing from the crowd,” he explained. “It’s going to be a much more casual feel, much more Midwestern hospitality.” Count Muñoz in. “There is nothing like this in our neighborhood—something upscale, but still young and cool,” she said. “Instead of looking at the skyline from our rooftops, we can take it in at the hotel, with friends and a glass of champagne. You almost want to say, what took them so long?”

Quote:
Duskin silk top and red Vena Cava skirt

Quote:
Vintage Ann Taylor silk black top, Zara silk pajama pants, and 3.1 Phillip Lim sandals
Photographed by Olivia Barad
vogue.com

Last edited by Nani; 13-12-2011 at 03:17 PM.
13-12-2011
V.I.P.

Sebastian Kim + Marina Munoz:

streetpeeper.com/

V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm so excited to start off a new Tomboy Style series with Marina Muñoz. She is originally from Argentina but grew up living everywhere from the rural splendor of The Berkshire Mountains to the cosmopolitan confines of Mexico City. She's got a lethal sense of style, a true sense of adventure, and loves to add new feathers to old hats. Below she filled in the blanks on some matters of great importance. —LGM

If not in Williamsburg, I would live in...
Paris on the Île Saint-Louis.

My dream holiday would be...
a month in South East Asia. I want to travel with my love and visit Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Burma.

I channel my childhood self when I...
am coming up with ideas. The same creativity and curiosity I had for story telling and history is what I use now when researching.

The fictional characters I most relate to are...
the young girl in The Lover, Sabrina, and Masha from Chekhov's Three Sisters.

If I had to be outdoors all day I would...
want to be on a farm in Argentina roaming the Pampas and drinking Mate with Moreno chasing me as we gallop through the fields.

My favorite quality in a man is...
his integrity and his intelligence.

I'm terrified of...
disappointment.

My dream car is...
(I have my dream car!) a white 1995 Range Rover County with leather seats and wooden dashboard.

My friends and I like to...
throw dinner parties, plan picnics and go vintage hunting.

If I could go back in time to one decade it would be...
the 1900's in Argentina, when Buenos Aires was a prosperous city and immigrants were settling. I would have been like Karen in Out of Africa working on a farm in the Pampas raising cattle.

As a teenager I was totally into...
old Calvin Klein ads with Kate Moss, listening to the Smiths and Jeff Buckley, and movies—The King and I (1956), Newsies, Wuthering Heights, Bonnie and Clyde, Out of Africa, The Godfather Trilogy, anything with Clint Eastwood and everything by Merchant and Ivory (especially A Room With a View).

My current obsessions are...
eating the chicken liver pâté from Marlow's and the Pho at An Choi; listening to Billie Holiday, Joni Mitchell, and Neil Young's Harvest Moon album; wearing Barbour jackets, red socks, capes and ponchos, silk blouses from Duskin, men's trousers, lace-up boots, wide-leg jeans, espadrilles and vintage sundresses; shopping at Madewell, the J. Crew men's store in Soho, Bencraft Hatters and countless thrift stores in Paris, Brooklyn, Mexico and the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires.

I tend to splurge on...
food and wine.
tomboystyle.blogspot.com

Last edited by Nani; 13-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.
14-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Marina Muñoz makes last minute adjustments at Vogue.com’s “Travel in Style” shoot.
twitter/#!/Voguemagazine

V.I.P.

stylecaster.com

V.I.P.

ANNIE'S HOUR
“Pilgrimage” Opening Reception at the Pace Gallery in Chelsea

vogue.com

V.I.P.

SETTING SAIL
Uniqlo's New Flagship Store Opens in New York City

vogue.com

V.I.P.

jodyrogac.com/

Last edited by Nani; 14-12-2011 at 12:54 AM.
14-12-2011
V.I.P.

jodyrogac.com/

V.I.P.

allure-allure.blogspot.com/

V.I.P.

DUSKIN SS11
PHOTOGRAPHER: JODY ROGAC
STYLIST: LAURIE TROTT

facebook/DUSKIN

V.I.P.

facebook/DUSKIN