How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2011
Distract Me...

Thanks so much Nani for all the amazing pictures you've posted of Marina!I love this girl!

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

V.I.P.

thefancy.com/

V.I.P.

Street Chic: New York Fashion Week
Marina Munoz, stylist

Quote:
“I’m wearing J Brand jeans with a 3.1 Phillip Lim bag.”
vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

Quote:
Stylist and street style darling Marina Muñoz arrived at the 3.1 Phillip Lim show in an adorable Western outfit, complete with kerchief tied at her neck and a wide brimmed outback hat. She has a real talent for picking out hats, which always give her outfits a jolt of individuality in a sea of fashionable people. This hat is a classic and a reference to her native Argentina. Full shot after the jump.
gastrochic.com

V.I.P.

Marina Munoz for Gerardo Ruiz Musi

paragonmodelmanagement blog

V.I.P.

dossierjournal

V.I.P.

Quote:

VOGUE, October 2010

In the October issue of American Vogue, Esther Adams describes how “a crop of cool, 20-something (thank you!) dressers are mixing vintage romance with modern looks, a hint of what’s to come.” She names stylist Marina Munoz, ex-Wang assistant Tara Vasev, jewelry designer Pamela Love, blogger Vanessa Jackman, Tales of Endearment and Jak & Jil. “These urban bohemians shop off the beaten track. Or they resist looking like everyone else.” She concludes “it’s enviable, these girls’ poetic (and prescient) ability to dust off the old and pair it with the new, leaving the rest of us to play catch-up”.

We are definitely on to something, and for a while now. It’s impossible not to look at the past for craftsmanship, detail and pure imagination. It’s the only way to feel unique, or romantic. Because behind every dress or hat lingers a story, a tale. NJ
talesofendearment.com

V.I.P.

GARGYLE :: SOL II SOL

Quote:
Photography: James Ryang
Stylist: Marina Munoz
Hair & Makeup: Emi Kaneko
Models: Ahn Tuan Pham and [redacted]

jamesryang.com/blog

Last edited by tangerine; 12-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.
16-12-2011
V.I.P.

Gramercy

Quote:
Photographer: Justin Hollar
Stylist: Marina Muñoz
Models: Ping @ DNA and Solange @ Supreme
Makeup: Kristi Matamoros @ Kate Ryan
Hair: Yoichi Tomizawa @ See Management
Manicurist: Jackie Saulsbery
Stylist Assistant: Meaghan Mullaney
Special thanks to Damion Luaiye @ Gramercy Park Hotel

Quote:
Solange Wilvert and Ping sparkle and shines for Justin Hollar’s nighttime images taken at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City. Styled by Marina Muñoz, the duo sports a wardrobe of luxe resort pieces from labels such as Oscar de la Renta, J. Mendel, Marchesa and Salvatore Ferragamo. Slicked back hair by Yoichi Tomizawa and smokey eyes by makeup artist Kristi Matamoros bring an edgy touch to the ultra-glam looks.

fashiongonerogue.com

Last edited by Nani; 16-12-2011 at 01:54 AM.
16-12-2011
V.I.P.

streetfsn.blogspot.com

V.I.P.

Marina Muñoz, Stylist

Quote:
“I’m from Buenos Aires in Argentina. I would say I’m very ‘tomboy’. I used to be a model from when I was fifteen until I was eighteen or nineteen—my hair was straightened, my eyebrows were all waxed, and I had bangs—I looked very different. And then I stopped modelling, so I stopped straightening my hair and doing all that goofy stuff. Let my eyebrows grow out. I began assisting [fashion stylists], so I became very relaxed—I just put my hair in a braid and get to work. But then at night I put on mascara, and I always curl my eyelashes—with the Shu Uemura curler. I kind of adore this clear Maybelline Great Lash mascara for my eyebrows, then I use the dark brown for my lashes. I don’t use black, I use dark brown—for me, it’s more subtle. I have really long lashes so when I curl them they look really long anyway. So I do that, and I use Ruby Woo from MAC—everyone uses that. But I put NARS Dragon Girl underneath. I don’t wear it when I’m working, but afterwards I will put it on when all the photo assistants are packing up, so I feel pretty. [Laughs] I like it because it doesn’t kiss off—everyone I have ever heard talk about it says, ‘You can eat a burger!’ It works for me.

This is my latest purchase from Sephora—I rediscovered my lipstick from when I was like fourteen: Clinique Black Honey. It’s good; it’s just a little color. I use Caudalie Beauty Elixir a lot. I always have it in my prop kit. This I really love—Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride. Sometimes I put it on the lips too. I do the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, maybe once a week if I can remember. I was assisting Kate Young for a while and she told me I should get the Ren mask and also the Caudalie—she knows everything about beauty. I think that’s the best thing about working, you hear so many tips, from all the professionals, you pick up all the tricks of the trade. I studied makeup for maybe ten months in Buenos Aires, and in the end I wound up assisting someone at Elle Argentina, so I never did a proper makeup gig. But when I am on shoots, or my friends go to weddings I will help out. It’s interesting when you’re working on somebody, you can maybe make the eyes a little smaller, or highlight the nose or whatever. I always thought—I draw well, I paint well, maybe I would make a good makeup artist. But in the end, I enjoy knowing it, but I think styling is a lot better for me.

Lucas’ Papaw Ointment is really good for hands, or on dry skin. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion works really well for me too. Aquaphor is good in the winter—you know when it is really cold and your lips crack? It’s good if you have a dry patch of skin. My mother swears by Eucerin and Cetaphil—I use it to wash my face and take off makeup. I use Roberts’ toner sometimes; it’s really cool. I got it from a store called Brook Farm in Williamsburg—it’s just rose water. I heard rose takes away the redness. I have Rosacea—it’s when the capillaries of your skin are too close to the surface, so you look like you are blushing all the time. You’re not really supposed to drink red wine or coffee, but I do. My mother has it too. I use Metrogel for it, which is what every dermatologist says to use. Another thing I love—my boyfriend’s mother is Chinese, and she uses vanilla and sunflower oil; she concocts this special mixture herself, that I use on my skin. It’s her secret ingredients and it’s all written in Chinese. It’s amazing! [Laughs] She’s very crafty. I love how it smells—it’s very subtle. I use it more in the wintertime. She is seventy-two and she looks like she is forty. I use Eucalyptus too—I put it in the fire it smells beautiful.

I use the Chloé fragrance; it’s a good summer one. I also really like a few from Hermès, I just used the little samples but I ran out. I get a lot of samples when I’m going to Sephora…when I’m buying Caudalie. This is my foundation—YSL Teint Radiance. I use very little foundation; just enough to cover the red. But if I’m going outside and I’m going to be getting red anyway, then I usually forego the foundation. I was told to get this one—when I’m on jobs I take notes of what people tell me. I was supposed to try Clé de Peau, the concealer in 030. I just worked with [makeup artist] Alice Lane, and she’s always like, ‘You need to do this!’ but in a very sweet way. She is awesome.

I use the Neti Pot in the winter, because I do get sinus pains, but I don’t put salt in it—I just use hot water. It works because the hot water goes inside your nose and flushes out your sinus cavities. I know for me it helps; my friend uses it every day and she swears she doesn’t get sick because of it. She is very adamant about the Neti Pot. So I used mine when I got a bad sinus infection, and it worked. My boyfriend, Sebastian [Kim, the photographer], is freaked out by it. Seb is so big on buying products—he is very particular. He has a thing with his hair, he gets his hair cut by his Russian barber—it’s been sixteen years. He is very particular, but it’s adorable. Every morning he will get up and put his gunk in his hair and combs it. It’s very elegant in a way. He is very clean and minimal, and I’m kind of goofy and all over the place, which is good. I have a straightener and I do it every now and then but honestly I’m so tired of doing it. I mean it has a little wave going on, but I just braid it. He uses the Kiehl’s Creme with Silk Groom; I use the Grooming Aid formula 133 as a conditioner and then as a styling agent to control the frizz, and because the ends are dry. I put little ribbons in my hair; I have a bunch of little ribbons I collect.

Another guy on a job said the reason my hair is so crazy is because I braid it and then I put it into a bun, so I’ve been trying not to put it in a bun. If it’s feeling very dry I’ll stick Pantene Pro-V on it but otherwise I’ll use the Kiehl’s or Bumble and bumble. Sometimes I put olive oil in it, just a little bit, when I go to the beach because it gives a nice little oily glow to it. I get a trim every three or four months—I throw haircutting parties with my friend Chuck, who is Dennis Devoy’s assistant; he also cuts hair at Arrojo in SoHo. He comes over and we do pizzas or easy food to pick at. We choose a house and everyone comes over, boys and girls, for a few hours. We give him a lot of wine [laughs] and he does these funny, quick haircuts for forty dollars, but it’s great.”

—as told to ITG
intothegloss.com/

Last edited by Nani; 26-12-2011 at 01:34 PM.
27-12-2011
rising star

Source: Into the Gloss

V.I.P.

Quote:
Portrait by Christian Witkin

Brooklyn Navy Yard- Summer 2011
from Marina's tumblr

V.I.P.

Great Escape | Snowed In

Quote:
The Location: Park City, Utah

The Girl: The stylist Marina Muñoz

What to Wear:
Jil Sander’s ski-luxe sweaters and Moncler’s retro parkas; Burton bib pants and snowboard; Hermés feather sweater; mohair accessories and Celine loafers; Gant Rugger Fair Isle crewnecks and Illesteva reflective sunglasses.

What to Do:
“The Brighton slopes open at 9 a.m. Finish snowboarding by 3:30p.m., hit the hot tub, steam room and then dinner!” says Munoz. “A great spot for a group is Highwest Distillery. They distill the whiskey there and find clever ways of incorporating it into the menu. I recommend the pulled pork, onion and whiskey soup, and mac and cheese. Make sure to check out the Riverhorse on Main and Stein Erichson Lodge when you’re there, too.”
tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com

Last edited by *ana*; 27-12-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Please do not post links in credits
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
marina, munoz, stylist