How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2014
V.I.P.

The Row presentation

buro247.ru

08-08-2014
fashion elite

Interview in Bazaar UK Sept 2014

my snap

I love you too

^ Ashley looks so classy I truly can't take my eyes from her Is there any more pictures inside the magazine?

08-08-2014
Ère de ℳodernité

OH MY GOD! Thank you so much GIVENCHYlover, you made my day! Looking forward to seeing more!

fashion elite

The second shoot:

my snap, Bazaar UK

Ère de ℳodernité

Ashley is so stunning!

When in doubt, wear red.

Ashley outshines MK on both shots, she looks radiant . Very lovely shoot.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 08-08-2014 at 11:12 PM.
09-08-2014
backstage pass

Here's the rest of the Bazaar spread

Source: olsensanonymous

Ère de ℳodernité

^Thank you very much for this.

I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed as interviewers ALWAYS portray them in the same way. Here's the Olsen's interviews bingo game: "they wore adult clothing that was cut to fit them from a very young age", "petite frames", "they're not identical twins but could be mistaken for some", "they run a billion dollar empire", "started in the business when they were just 9-month old", "Ashley is more business-driven", "it all started with the perfect teeshirt", "they didn't want The Row to be mistaken for another celebrity brands"

How about some more interesting questions like how do they work with their design team? why did they change their logo a couple of seasons ago? how do they feel like their brand perceived? do they still feel like they have to prove themselves as not just celebrity designers? who were they happy to see in their designs and who would they like to see in them? are they planning to open another store? what kind of feedback do they get from their customers? what's their biggest market? what's their favorite piece they designed? what about E&J? what's their precise involvement for this other brand? how is it doing? are they planning to extend it or not? what about their role at Superga? has one of them ever considered working on another project, alone? etc etc

The only thing I learned from this is that Ashley wears Adidas pool slides, that they do custom pieces, that they wish to include lingerie in their product range (very good idea, to me), and that years from now they could consider a design position at a brand that isn't theirs (that I found... interesting. I wish they'd had been asked further questions on that).

Last edited by Thefrenchy; 09-08-2014 at 05:39 AM.
09-08-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
^Thank you very much for this.

I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed as interviewers ALWAYS portray them in the same way. Here's the Olsen's interviews bingo game: "they wore adult clothing that was cut to fit them from a very young age", "petite frames", "they're not identical twins but could be mistaken for some", "they run a billion dollar empire", "started in the business when they were just 9-month old", "Ashley is more business-driven", "it all started with the perfect teeshirt", "they didn't want The Row to be mistaken for another celebrity brands"

How about some more interesting questions like how do they work with their design team? why did they change their logo a couple of seasons ago? how do they feel like their brand perceived? do they still feel like they have to prove themselves as not just celebrity designers? who were they happy to see in their designs and who would they like to see in them? are they planning to open another store? what kind of feedback do they get from their customers? what's their biggest market? what's their favorite piece they designed? what about E&J? what's their precise involvement for this other brand? how is it doing? are they planning to extend it or not? what about their role at Superga? has one of them ever considered working on another project, alone? etc etc

The only thing I learned from this is that Ashley wears Adidas pool slides, that they do custom pieces, that they wish to include lingerie in their product range (very good idea, to me), and that years from now they could consider a design position at a brand that isn't theirs (that I found... interesting. I wish they'd had been asked further questions on that).

My guess is that they don´t really do real interviews, they just do the photoshoot and invite the journalist to visit their offices/showroom and touch the clothes and then, they send them a press dossier/press profile of them... which has that info every article mentions... but yes, it´s dissapointing and dull.

fashion elite

Their brand is extremely pretentious...so a pretentious interview is a necessity.

fashion insider

Thefrenchy, youre right about the q&a. It really is always the same spiel. I would love to hear the answeres to the questins u posted.

10-08-2014
V.I.P.

I'm a bit late seeing them at their friends wedding looking absolutely fabulous. They both look stunning for Bazaar especially Ashley.

11-08-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust0128 View Post
so natural and pretty! Beautiful without makeup...Ash hasn't aged at all.
Im sorry but i disagree, she aged soooooooo much, she looks so old, like a 40 y.o woman who has been through a lot, at least in those pics.

11-08-2014
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvviaa View Post
Im sorry but i disagree, she aged soooooooo much, she looks so old, like a 40 y.o woman who has been through a lot, at least in those pics.
I also have that impression, but to me it´s also based on how they dress, their outfits most of the times make them look old.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, marykate, olsen