How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

I wish they would do move tv interviews!

31-01-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspistol View Post
Totally agree with everything you said, romantics.
I'm getting bored. They used to wear colour. They used to seriously march to the beat of their own drum. Now I get the sense than for Ashley she just doesn't really care and Mk is dressing like every boring hipster just with more money to burn.
I like when they were younger and....funner. Like, they actually seemed to have fun dressing up. Now it's so bleak.
It's so disappointing. I want something tangible too. Like Influence, it was great. Or maybe something to reach out to the demographic that they grew up with, that isn't backed with a huge bank account. A third line wouldn't be an awful idea... maybe just accessories or something. I just miss my girls!

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

i like that they dont do as much interviews.

it maintains their mystique as celebrities and its respectable for famous people to keep their private lives private nowadays.

31-01-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
I wish they would do move tv interviews!
They seem so awkward in front of cameras (specifically Ashley) and they don't even really dress up for TV interviews anymore either. Argh! More frustration!

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

HQs celebcity

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

That bag is insane...who makes it?!

31-01-2009
fashion insider

I feel like it looks like a Givenchy purse but I've never seen one with studs like that on the bottom!

31-01-2009
V.I.P.

can we clear up something. They have stated before they love fashion but do not feel pressure to living up to the title of fashion icons.

Dressing up for themselves has always been the common variable in how they dress. Their disheveled look during university according to them was for their own practicality for the weather and school life.

Once they got more absorbed into the fashion industry and business aspect of it its inevitable that it is reflected in how they dress which goes with their statment of dressing for themselves.

People will always have their own opinions and preference but its important to look at things in an unbiased way. we all have our personal views(factored by our lifestyle, traditions, culture etc.) and its important to understand things from the person's own point of view.

They dress for themselves and thats what i think makes them different from other celebrities who like fashion. They dont follow trends for the sake of following them. They wear clothes to express themselves through them - a common characterist for fashion icons.

Althought it may look crazy sometimes they're still being themselves. Their balenciaga booties, fur wearing, duck lips, and even sometimes white thrash hair selves.

Last edited by emailme.; 31-01-2009 at 02:14 AM.

31-01-2009
fashion elite

I absolutely love that bag that MK is carrying, Does any one know who made it?

31-01-2009
blink once. blink twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post

They dress for themselves and thats what i think makes them different from other celebrities who like fashion. They dont follow trends for the sake of following them. They wear clothes to express themselves through them.
i completely agree with what you said here. they don't care what other people think especially mk, adn that's why i love them as well.

31-01-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
can we clear up something. They have stated before they love fashion but do not feel pressure to living up to the title of fashion icons.

Dressing up for themselves has always been the common variable in how they dress. Their disheveled look during university according to them was for their own practicality for the weather and school life.

Once they got more absorbed into the fashion industry and business aspect of it its inevitable that it is reflected in how they dress which goes with their statment of dressing for themselves.

People will always have their own opinions and preference but its important to look at things in an unbiased way. we all have our personal views(factored by our lifestyle, traditions, culture etc.) and its important to understand things from the person's own point of view.

They dress for themselves and thats what i think makes them different from other celebrities who like fashion. They dont follow trends for the sake of following them. They wear clothes to express themselves through them - a common characterist for fashion icons.

Althought it may look crazy sometimes they're still being themselves. Their balenciaga booties, fur wearing, duck lips, and even sometimes white thrash hair selves.
I don't think anyone on this thread who truly loves the girls and their style would disagree with you.

31-01-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray View Post
HQs celebcity
is that lizzie with her? i love what lizzie is wearing. the boots are great!!

31-01-2009
fashion insider

I like MK's latest outfits, esp the bag

31-01-2009
trendsetter

i agree with what you said emailme...im just getting frustrated with Ash cos I haven't felt inspired by her in so long. More MK these days.

31-01-2009
trendsetter

I'm very impressed by mk's outfit... ashley's is simple and nice but prefer mk's... especially the scarf... can anyone id it???? it looks a little bit old dries van noten

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, ashley, january, marykate, october, olsen