How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-03-2011
backstage pass

the Vogue article is really good, I always like to read interview that give little clues how their minds work. It was a nice touch to have quotes from Lauren Hutton, Carey Mulligan (Her little story was cute and shows how fierce they are of their friends) and Jill. Thanks again dauphine for the scans.

On a side note, for once i would love for an article with pictures taken during the actual interview.

17-03-2011
rising star

i cant believe they actually look somewhat decent!

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

holy they just took it to to another phase! the proportion and cut on their clothes makes them not look short. the details on the shoes, hair, and even earrings is just so complimentary to the look.

this looks so put together for them!

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

Their old candids still inspire me. I love how MK's style is always an evolving and eclectic while Ashley's remains classic with some edge.

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

Wow...once again, they look like crap. Face wise, they look better than they have in a really long time. But the length of MKs blazer is totally unflattering, her shoes are weird and look weirder with those zip pants..and Ash, those yellow shoes look like old granny slippers. The white suit is kind of nice, though. It's so hard for me to see an outfit of there's and go WOW. I think they are well past their prime, and there is nothing "fashion icon" about either of them anymore.

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

I actually like what MK is wearing, all black, those pants are nice and I really LOVE her balenciaga belt.
Anyway, they do look old...and none 25-year old should look that old...
It might be also just the make-up, it looks like her face is covered with thick powder.

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

Damn! Both of them look so amazing!

17-03-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
It might be also just the make-up, it looks like her face is covered with thick powder.
They do wear a lot of makeup IRL. It's true.

18-03-2011
trendsetter

Are they being nominated for Elizabeth & James? I love E&J (especially as I can afford it...) but isn't The Row really where they shine?

18-03-2011
front row

omg this is the best they have looked in a while! and this is the best MK has looked since 2006/2007!!! her face looks awesome, i dont get why people are saying there is something off about it??? she should always straighten her hair like that!!! i love the black/white contrast between the two of them. and ashley's jawline is epic. she looks so chiseled/cut to perfection. i hope MK really keeps this up, because it is inspiring to watch them dress this way and look so "well-kept".

18-03-2011
trendsetter

The Nordstrom Rack here in Union Square always has scores of E&J clothing. It's awesome.
I don't know if they're getting much recognition for E&J though, I recall once in an interview MK saying that it was 'just a licensing deal' and The Row is really more their baby.

18-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraDanielle11 View Post
Are they being nominated for Elizabeth & James? I love E&J (especially as I can afford it...) but isn't The Row really where they shine?
it's for The Row

18-03-2011
windowshopping

New photos finallyyyy!! They look amazing, I prefer MK's look though- and the sunglasses from The Row that they wear in some of the photos are perfect! Definitely added in my must-have list!

18-03-2011
Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
^My point is that if they're dressing like 80-year-olds now I'm wondering if they are going to do a reversal and dress like teens when they actually do get old.
+ 1 ... Actually someone agreed before + 2 in total

18-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
I wonder if they are going to dress like teens when they actually get old?
Their style (and your comment) reminds me of a commercial that aired a few years ago for some investment firm (?) where this guy is at his university graduation and his parents ask him, "So now what?" He looks at them and says, "I think I'm ready to retire." It's like they just skipped the whole middle part.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, ashley, june, march, marykate, olsen