How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen (October 2009 - March 2010)
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.

* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* The old thread can be viewed here.

#4964 no for that boots.

Last edited by classicalbang; 22-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.

20-10-2009
trendsetter

Did you guys hear about this???

I know it's a little off topic but i thought you would all find this interesting

We didn't think it was possible! A show about vampires fails before it hits the air? But instead of saying it's too similar to Twilight, the CW said Mary-Kate Olsen's new show, Blue Bloods, is too close to Gossip Girl.

We do love seeing Mary-Kate act, so we're a bit sorry her upcoming series has already had the plug pulled on it. She was set to star in a television series called Blue Bloods, a show based on a book series. Yes, just like Twilight. The series is written by Melissa de la Cruz and follows the adventures of socialite teen vampire Schuyler van Alen.

Melissa de la Cruz actually hand-picked Mary-Kate Olsen to play the role of Schuyler on the television series because of Mary-Kate's "cool and vulnerable style." But now that will never be happening since the CW is saying no to the show. In fact, they said they'd rather back Vampire Diaries as Blue Bloods is too similar to Gossip Girl.

If you ask us, a vampire-version of Gossip Girl sounds like the best idea ever, but we get that the CW probably only wants to feature one vampire-related show.

We're not sure what would be worse: Being an actor and think you have a cool gig all set and then having your job be canceled. Or being an author and thinking you just got your book series turned into a television show and then having the network change its mind.

We hope Mary-Kate Olsen finds a new gig soon!

Source: http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/M...-Go/23589.html

20-10-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceLuva586 View Post

We didn't think it was possible! A show about vampires fails before it hits the air? But instead of saying it's too similar to Twilight, the CW said Mary-Kate Olsen's new show, Blue Bloods, is too close to Gossip Girl.

We do love seeing Mary-Kate act, so we're a bit sorry her upcoming series has already had the plug pulled on it. She was set to star in a television series called Blue Bloods, a show based on a book series. Yes, just like Twilight. The series is written by Melissa de la Cruz and follows the adventures of socialite teen vampire Schuyler van Alen.

Melissa de la Cruz actually hand-picked Mary-Kate Olsen to play the role of Schuyler on the television series because of Mary-Kate's "cool and vulnerable style." But now that will never be happening since the CW is saying no to the show. In fact, they said they'd rather back Vampire Diaries as Blue Bloods is too similar to Gossip Girl.

If you ask us, a vampire-version of Gossip Girl sounds like the best idea ever, but we get that the CW probably only wants to feature one vampire-related show.

We're not sure what would be worse: Being an actor and think you have a cool gig all set and then having your job be canceled. Or being an author and thinking you just got your book series turned into a television show and then having the network change its mind.

We hope Mary-Kate Olsen finds a new gig soon!

Source: http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/M...-Go/23589.html
aww

20-10-2009
fashion icon

aww indeed

i would have been excited to watch mary kate on a regular basis. and as a socialite teen vampire? imagine all the fashion possibilities! hehe

20-10-2009
rising star

a show like gossip girl and twlight?? that would've been the best show ever

20-10-2009
tfs star

or worst nightmare XD

anyway i didn't know she was up for new series - well , now we must wait for Cw's decission.

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

The Vampire Diaries looks dull from what I've seen. This sounded interesting...apart from the fact that it sounds similar to both Twilight and Gossip Girl...AND its name is similar to True Blood.

20-10-2009
backstage pass

oh my gosh we don't need any more vampire shows, soon shows with normal people will be a rarity although it would be great to see MK back on TV

20-10-2009
Riot Bug

oooh it would be great seeing her back on TV come ooooooooooon!

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

glad that seeing mary-kate back on TV!

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
The Vampire Diaries looks dull from what I've seen. This sounded interesting...apart from the fact that it sounds similar to both Twilight and Gossip Girl...AND its name is similar to True Blood.
It's a pretty good show and "Blue Bloods" probably would have been interesting too. But I get the reluctance on the part of the CW, you don't want too much of the same thing on the air. That said I wish all reality shows would die...

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

That's such ashame

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

Cute outfit w/out the galoshes.

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

the pic from the link i posted earlier

olsens anonymous

20-10-2009
tfs star

That doesn't sound like something MK would be involved with, did she confirm it?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2010, ashley, march, marykate, october, olsen