How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-11-2008
tfs star

spletnik.ru

25-11-2008
front row

she always has her phone in her hands lol

25-11-2008
tfs star

from odnoklassniki.ru via tPF

Last edited by Love$2shop; 25-11-2008 at 08:01 PM.

25-11-2008
tfs star

from odnoklassniki.ru via tPF

26-11-2008
front row

i love miroslava's style! i would kill to raid her wardrobe.

also, is it just me or does she resemble the cruz (penelope and monica) sisters? )

26-11-2008
fashion elite

She has a couple of hits but mostly her style is extremely tacky. Typical nouveau rich socialite who doesn't know when to stop pilling on the expensive item and accessories. Croc coat in bright green, really? In some of these pics she's like the female Andre Leon Talley. I have been through the whole thread at once and feel nauseous from the brash materialism and lack of discernment, subtility and restrain.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with her spending a lot of money on clothes (I love Dasha's style, and both girls probably have the same fashion budget), but I have a problem with her obviously wanting to inform the world just how much she spent.
She gets away with being so obvious because she is pretty and innocent looking.
The Garence Dore pic (the pant suit), is her best effort to date and it is also her less conspicuous outfit. Not a coincidence.

On the plus side: amazing hair cut.

Last edited by Harumi; 26-11-2008 at 03:02 PM.

26-11-2008
backstage pass

^OMG!

Agreed 100%!! Extremely expensive items aren't necessarily chic! Though they're lusting enough, it's just stylish!

27-11-2008
tfs star

spletnik.ru

27-11-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
She has a couple of hits but mostly her style is extremely tacky. Typical nouveau rich socialite who doesn't know when to stop pilling on the expensive item and accessories. Croc coat in bright green, really? In some of these pics she's like the female Andre Leon Talley. I have been through the whole thread at once and feel nauseous from the brash materialism and lack of discernment, subtility and restrain.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with her spending a lot of money on clothes (I love Dasha's style, and both girls probably have the same fashion budget), but I have a problem with her obviously wanting to inform the world just how much she spent.
She gets away with being so obvious because she is pretty and innocent looking.
The Garence Dore pic (the pant suit), is her best effort to date and it is also her less conspicuous outfit. Not a coincidence.

On the plus side: amazing hair cut.
so true.

actually, that Garance Dore picture of her, i do not quite fancy it. while i get where you're coming from about the "less conspicuous-ness" of that pant suit outfit, i thought the glasses looked terribly fake and the proportions of the suit was all wrong...

and yes, she seemingly has an endless supply of clothes, jewelry, bags and shoes. but the way she puts them together makes me wonder how the hell did she get her job in the first place.

and agreed, she only manages to scrape by because of her beauty.

27-11-2008
front row

to me, she still has a LONG way to go before her style reaches the level of Giovanna Battaglia or Kate Lanphear.

but then again, she is a fashion editor at Russian fash mag, maybe she just can't help but flaunt blatantly and ostentatiously.

27-11-2008
tfs star

Believe it or not, but her style is actually quite understated compared to a majority of, as Harumi put it, "nouveau rich". I think you have to live there (Russia) to get it though.

Giovanna and Kate are in a league of their own stylewise. They are also older. Remember, this girl is only 23, has bottomless bank account and access to all the latest labels, trends, etc. so why shouldn't she have fun with it? I really don't get the impression she is trying to be the next Kate or Giovanna.

28-11-2008
V.I.P.

^ exactly!!!

i think that people like Giovanna, Kate, Emanuelle- they're just amazing in their subtlety and their real "eye" for fashion.

but Miroslava's only young, and she's having fun with fashion. So why not experiment?

I never get the impression she takes herself or her clothes seriously, it reminds me of dressup more than anything else. To me that's cute, she's cute, and it doesn't come off as contrived at all.

28-11-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElitist View Post
so true.
actually, that Garance Dore picture of her, i do not quite fancy it. while i get where you're coming from about the "less conspicuous-ness" of that pant suit outfit, i thought the glasses looked terribly fake and the proportions of the suit was all wrong...
Oh this is sooo true, it was my first impression when i saw it... It was so obvious and "wannabe", like she's seen it on everybody else and now she has to try and let everybody see she's cool too...

And not to be too harsh on her, I do sometimes enjoy her style
... But more often I have to agree with Harumi and Love$2shop about "nouveau rich" syndrome - which can especially be seen in ex communist countries who only later discovered meaning of capitalism in its worst meaning of it - "let me show you how much i can spend"...

28-11-2008
tfs star

tPF

28-11-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Oh I actually liked the 'Charlie Chaplin' fit of the suit. I though, had it been more fitted, it would have made her look a bit too 'Working Girl' (sorry I speak in pop culture references). She's very young so the whole nonchalence seemed appropriate. The glasses were a bit too hipster for my taste but again, considering her age, I though it added a bit of humour and insolence to the otherwise rather severe outfit.
Another hit to me is the black (Alaia?) dress from the Sartorialist series. Pretty much flawless, especially styled with the silk jacket.
Quote:
but then again, she is a fashion editor at Russian fash mag, maybe she just can't help but flaunt blatantly and ostentatiously.
I think this is somewhat unfair. There was a time where the equation Russian=tacky was true, but it is not the case anymore. Or at least, not more than it is true of the Eurotrash socialites or Texan billionaire wives. If you look at women such as Dasha Zhukova, Natalia Portman, Aliona from Russian Vogue and Evelina from Harpers Bazzar, those are stylish women who dress to express their personalities not to show off how much money they have. They can be occasionaly flambloyent but no more than a Carine Roitfelt can be.
Russia still has its tacky dresser but it also has its elegant and/or stylish women, just like any other country. That is why I called Miroslava a typicall nouveau riche and not a typicall wealthy Russian.
Also, nowadays, Vogue Russia is one of the better Vogue.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2010, april, mikheevaduma, miroslava, october