How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-05-2010
tfs star

Nikolay Uskov - Editor-in-Chief, GQ Russia
Editor-in-Chief, GQ Russia from 2003

http://twitter.com/nikolayUskov
http://uskov.livejournal.com/

mainpeople.ru

20-05-2010
tfs star

mainpeople.ru

25-06-2010
tfs star

24/06/10 - Moscow, opening D&G store (the biggest store)

mainpeople.ru

Last edited by ADLET; 25-06-2010 at 08:31 AM.
25-06-2010
tfs star

Smart suit!

tfs star

Nikolay with Aliona Doletskaya

vogue.ru

29-07-2010
windowshopping

What a beautiful man!

tfs star

27/09/10

mainpeople.ru; spletnik.ru

17-01-2011
tfs star

Milan Fashion Week
Gucci FW11/12

vitalykozak.blogspot.com

05-02-2011
tfs star

tatler.ru

06-02-2011
trendsetter

09-02-2011
tfs star

09.02.11 - Slava Phillipov book launch

tatler.ru

09-02-2011
scenester

he looks like handsome, smart and intelligent man

18-02-2011
tfs star

17/02/11 - Nikolay present his second book "7 angels"

vogue.ru; gq.ru; spletnik.ru

10-01-2012
tfs star

Quote:
09 JANUARY / Nikolai Uskov has decided to step down as Editor-in-Chief of GQ Russia and to accept the offer to head the Jivi! Media Group, which publishes the SNOB project. Nikolai will be succeeded at GQ by novelist and journalist Michael Idov.
zoom
Nikolai Uskov has decided to step down as Editor-in-Chief of GQ Russia and to accept the offer to head the Jivi! Media Group, which publishes the SNOB project. Nikolai will be succeeded at GQ by novelist and journalist Michael Idov.

Uskov has been at the helm of GQ Russia for eight years, and has created a unique magazine formula, combining fashion and style with politics and social issues. Under the guidance of Nikolai Uskov, GQ Russia has become both a style authority and a social and political medium, in line at once with the distinctive GQ style and the traditional Russian literary-magazine format.

ęNikolai was not simply a great innovator of Russian GQ. He was an embodiment of the lifestyle and the ideas the magazine was popularizing. I am grateful to Nikolai for everything he has done for us, and I will watch the future stages of his career with great interest. I wish him all the success and hope to be able to continue to cooperate in many possible waysĽ, - says Karina Dobrotvorskaya, President and Editorial Director of Conde Nast Russia.

ęThe decision to leave GQ was a hard one to take, says Nikolai Uskov. – Eight years, over 100 issues of GQ and GQ Style, gq.ru, GQ Bar, GQ Men of the Year Ceremony, the first iPad issues, and last but not least our five-volume, tenth-anniversary book. All of this was a fantastic time, and I am deeply grateful to Condť Nast for its generous trust, constant support and the fabulous experience I had working for the best publishing house in the world. However, every man reaches a moment in life when he decides to try something new. This is where I find myself now. And I am happy that the new Editor-in-Chief of GQ is not a stranger to the magazine – it will be Michael Idov, our columnist and GQ Writer of the Year in 2010. I would like to wish Michael all the luckĽ.

Michael Idov is widely known in Russia – he has been a contributor to many Condť Nast Russian magazines. In the U.S., where Idov lives since 1992, he is a contributing editor at New York Magazine, has edited his own magazine, and has written high-profile features for the American edition of GQ. Michael Idov is appointed Editor of GQ Russia as of February 1st, 2012.

ęI believe that GQ Russia will greatly benefit from Idov's experience, his understanding of the ethics and the objectives of journalism, his connections in the international magazine world, and his fresh point of view, says Karina Dobrotvorskaya. – Michael is moving to Moscow specifically for GQ Russia. I am sure he will not regret it, as this job promises to be both challenging and rewardingĽ.

ęIn a stroke of unbelievable luck, I am taking one of the most interesting jobs in Russia at one of the most interesting times for Russia. Having spent twenty years in the U.S., 14 of them in my dearly (and loudly) beloved New York, I am delighted to accept the position - and with it, the equally exalted position of a MuscoviteĽ, - says Michael Idov.

Michael Idov was born in Latvia in 1976 and has lived in New York City since 1998. In his five years as a contributing editor at New York Magazine, he became a three-time recipient of the National Magazine Award. Idov is also the author of the novel ęGround UpĽ and its bestselling Russian adaptation ęKofemolkaĽ, as well as the non-fiction book ęMade In Russia: Unsung Icons of Soviet DesignĽ. His work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New Republic, Foreign Policy, Food & Wine, Glamour, Slate and many other publications, as well as the Russian magazines Afisha, Snob, Mir, and Big City. In 2010, Idov became the first author to simultaneously begin contributing to the American and the Russian GQ. He is moving to Moscow with his wife Lily, a photographer, their infant daughter Vera, and cat Katsuko.
condenast.ru

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
editorinchief, gq, nikolay, russia, uskov