How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-01-2011
rising star

"It seems a new baby boy isn't the only delivery Rachel Zoe will be making in the near future. WWD just released pics of a photo shoot with the very preggers Zoe (in thigh-high boots no less!) for Zoe's new contemporary collection, aptly named the "Rachel Zoe Collection." What should you expect? Zoe's signature '70s style is ever-present and very tailoredóthink Le Smoking jackets and feminine Marc Jacobs-like influences. And while the offerings aren't Target priced, they're also not Victoria Beckham expensive either: Expect to shell out $200 for a day dress to $700 for a full tuxedo look. Although Zoe's manufacturer says they haven't exactly lined up any retailers to, you know, buy the clothing yet, they have high hopes, seeing the line as a peer to Alexander Wang, Diane von Furstenberg, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. If Zoe's very successful (but more affordable) QVC line is any indication, they shouldn't have any problems selling the Zoe brand, which is sure to only get more exposure with season four of the Rachel Zoe Project already in the works. Looks like baby Zoe will not only be the best dressed babe in the land, but also the heir to quite the fashion empire! Some babies have all the luck."
- refinery29

Refinery29 & facebook.com/KirnaZabete

Last edited by BetteT; 12-01-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Placing spaces between images to restore page format.

12-01-2011
V.I.P.

^well..i must say some of the looks (the tailored ones) are even nice...

12-01-2011
V.I.P.

REALLY GORGEOUS LOOKS apart from the ruffle dresses
the accessories are nice too

12-01-2011
tfs star

I can't see anything special or unique in her collection. I think she created a well saleable line, that's all

12-01-2011
V.I.P.

My thoughts, too. But "saleable" is good. That is how she'll make a huge amount of money, if she's successful ... selling alongside other retailers in department stores. Since her show, almost everyone knows her name ... perfect time to exploit it.

I wonder if she's thinking of cutting back the celebrity styling (which has to be so time consuming and stressful) if this and her other entrprises take off ... so she can spend time with her expanding family. This would allow her to do that.

Last edited by BetteT; 12-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.

12-01-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page today on TFS: Rachel Zoe Debuts New Collection Amidst Controversy

12-01-2011
Fashion Designer

I like the individual pieces of her collection but as a whole, it seems that Ive seen it all before...several times. Its going to sell very well though. But the buzz around her with the copying of a dress, brings a lot of questions. its not a good way to star a career as a designer...at least a respectable one.

eonline

12-01-2011
V.I.P.

I totally agree there is nothing new with her collection. I also think that almost everything can be bought somewhere else at a much cheaper price... of course the same could be said about The Victoria Beckham Collection...and we know it SELLS well. Zoe is going to have to work just a bit more to sell her line...sure she has her fans in people who follow fashion... but the average woman is not going to buy an expensive clothing item just because it carries the Rachel Zoe name... especially if they can find something quite similar cheaper.

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill

12-01-2011
front row

It just doesn't look very RZ to me. I would prefer a bit of boho somewhere in there, but the collection overall is nice. Some pieces i love and others not so much.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Some of the pieces from her collection is something I could imagine she would wear but others are just what?? not Zoe at all. I also agree that it's not very ground breaking. For me it's more like the Kate Moss for Topshop collection...Rachel creating clothes that she would wear or/and are inspired from her own closet.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Some pieces are to die for. The rest is lovely. Lot of Rachel, still Retro, chic and wearable.

13-01-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
My thoughts, too. But "saleable" is good. That is how she'll make a huge amount of money, if she's successful ... selling alongside other retailers in department stores. Since her show, almost everyone knows her name ... perfect time to exploit it.

I wonder if she's thinking of cutting back the celebrity styling (which has to be so time consuming and stressful) if this and her other entrprises take off ... so she can spend time with her expanding family. This would allow her to do that.
Yes, but this is the FASHION spot, not The BUSINESS spot.
So what she did is pure business (yes, she's right), but I was expecting something special from her.

13-01-2011
front row

@loonaka i totally agree 100%.

13-01-2011
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by styleismatic View Post
Yes, but this is the FASHION spot, not The BUSINESS spot.
So what she did is pure business (yes, she's right), but I was expecting something special from her.
well... fashion is a business when it all comes down to it.
if the clothes don't sell then there's really no point in making them...

sure, it can be nice to look at beautiful clothes, but as we've seen from the shuttering of so many couture operations, if there's no market then the money and the effort will no longer be invested.

this is pretty much exactly the sort of thing that i would have expected from rachel zoe...
she's not a designer, she's a stylist...
she can put together a great look when she's got the clothes in hand already and she can identify a beautiful piece of clothing but having the creativity and talent within you to produce something new and unique is something else altogether...
makes sense that anything she will come up with will be highly referencial

like bette said though, kudos to her for building a brand...
she's a good businesswoman.

13-01-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

She actually managed to pull off some very interesting looks. Still its a rather safe & commercial collection. I'm wondering, if she'll dressed her clients with some of the pieces.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, january, march, rachel, zoe