How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. The whole fashion industry is contrived and superficial as a whole...but i don't have to support it or subscribe to articles where so called stylists think they are hot **** and I just can't stand what she propagates and the way she says it...it drives me nuts I'm upset that her and her whole ideology get under my skin...but at least i'm not so desensitized to it that I still get upset

17-07-2005
army of lovers

I remember her from a Bazaar article, she said "Tom Ford is God" or something like that. I'm not very impressed with her work with Lohan or Garner.

18-07-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque Marcel
I remember her from a Bazaar article, she said "Tom Ford is God" or something like that. I'm not very impressed with her work with Lohan or Garner.

Lohan looks like **** most of the time... Brittany Murphy manages to dress up in cute little girly dresses from time to time that suit her very well. Nicole Richie is probably the only one that on almost all occassions manages to looks good.

18-07-2005
backstage pass

Good luck BetteT! How exciting

I think Rachel Zoe's look is getting tired as well. She probably doesn't care as long as she is getting paid as much $$$ as she is making. She is sticking with what she know's right now because it is safe.

18-07-2005
backstage pass

I think it is silly that Zoe may or may not be bringing back anorexia, I mean I like to be thin and I think thin women wear clothes better but there is a line and we need not go around looking like refugees. That being said, I love that she is embracing small chested women (like Ms. Moss!) and shuns big silicone enhanced fake breasts. I like that look, maybe because that's my body type (small & small chested) and I love it when I can embrace myself and not feel bad because I don't look like some extra on Baywatch. All women do not need to look like Carmen Electra to be beautiful!

I agree with you guys in that Lindsay Lohan looks terrible -- she looks like someone else shoved an armful of clothes at her and said "Here, wear this." Lindsay's outfits don't suit her & they don't look good on her. On the other hand, Nicole Richie manages to look great and her new wardrobe seems pretty effortless. Nicole does need to lay off the huge glasses, maybe just for a day...and quit wearing different versions of that same Michelle Mason dress. All in all, I think Zoe needs to try different looks for her different clients, instead of dressing them all in her style. It just doesn't suit everyone and IMO you can't call yourself a stylist by taking every client and dressing them the exact same way you dress yourself.

- Leo Buscaglia

18-07-2005
V.I.P.

ew, i hate this woman.

19-07-2005
tailored

i happened upon the article online by chance and then came back here to see there was a thread on it...

i thought a stylist job (at least when dressing celebrities) was to make them look better but still "themselves"...it shouldn't be "attack of the clones"...

i agree with everyone when they say nicole ritchie looks better...she does...

lindsay has yet to find her own style...she's been in roland mouret, valentino, gucci, and who knows how many other designers and nothing has really stuck yet. she & rachel zoe need to figure out what works best for her body and personality and go from there...not everyone looks good in the boho chic look

20-07-2005
V.I.P.

I just don't like her, I agree though that nicole ritchie's style has gotten better.

20-07-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT
Well ... of course when I saw that in the LA Times this week, I had to pick it up and read it.

My thoughts ... well, she's just another typical LA celeb stylist, at the right place at the right time and knowing the right people. The "look" she has created for these girls is just the same old, same old ... I am so tired of these blond, skinny, tanned, trendy, little creatures. No one of that group stands out as a person with any personal style ... they do look clones of her. I fail to see much creativity.

When I read that article I had the same reaction. I really don't have much respect for that woman, the reason being that she is just creating a bunch of people in her image. And what's so ingenous about that? ... needless to say I dont like her image one bit. That miiight have something to do with it.

And.... on a side note, i still maintain that anyone with loads of money is BOUND to be somewhat stylish and composed... although im sure we all could think of exceptions.

20-07-2005
rising star

A photo of Rachel Zoe from the article ...

At home in Beverly Hills, stylist Rachel Zoe sifts through a few of the accessories in her inventory.

(Ricardo DeAratanha / LAT)

20-07-2005
fashion insider

I like this article because I think it shows that Nicole, Lindsay, Jessica, etc. are undeserving of all the praise heaped on them regarding their "fabulous personal style". Does anyone remember what these girls dressed like before Zoe got her hands on them? They couldn't dress fashionably to save their lives (and Jessica still can't, for the most part). Even though they dressed horribly pre-Zoe, at least it was their own style and they weren't having someone practically dictate what to wear everyday. I just get very irritated when people gush over the celebrity clones mentioned in the article over their amazing fashion sense. Don't praise them; praise Zoe because she is the one picking out all those clothes and giving these girls strict guidelines on what to buy when shopping. I agree that Lindsay (and definitely Jessica) has yet to find a look that works for her. Nicole probably pulls off the Zoe look the best, but I can never look at her and not think, "That's not her style; that's Zoe's".

21-07-2005
windowshopping

eweee i never wanted to see that picture ever again

21-07-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiseñaCreada
And.... on a side note, i s till maintain that anyone with loads of money is BOUND to be somewhat stylish and composed... although im sure we all could think of exceptions.
Then what happened to Paris Hilton. he he he...

21-07-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

thats an awful pic of her. She looks quite aged in it.

To the comment on the previous page...just like not all women need to feel they have to look like carmen electra, nor should all feel that they should be small chested and be able to go bra-less. it's whatever works on your body

21-07-2005
windowshopping

she sounds interesting... and that pic is scary! she looks haggard!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, july, march, rachel, stylist, zoe