How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-12-2006
fashion elite

(look at mary kate and nicole's face too though)

09-12-2006
scenester

i can't help but laugh at this whole thread and at the throngs of rachel zoe admirers that even go so far as to say she looks better than most 35-year olds. please.
all this woman is is a fairly talented stylist that got lucky by knowing the right people. she does not deserve all this glorification. also, she should stick to styling fashion shoots because when she takes on individual clients they just end up looking like clones. a good stylist works to find her clients' individual styles, not make them into clones of herself.
and also, who are you all kidding? the woman has obvious issues that everyone ignores, like the elephant in the room... all that because talking about them is against the rules (on a fashion board! that's pretty laughable, since they pretty much go hand in hand. at least be honest enough to acknowledge it). too bad in this case they're particularly relevant and no one wants to come out and see this woman for the horrible influence she is.

09-12-2006
backstage pass

Am I the only person who has no idea what c.m is? I am so old....

09-12-2006
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastess
Am I the only person who has no idea what c.m is? I am so old....
I think it is endearing that you don't know and personally find it refreshing that you don't know! It doesn't mean you're an old fart.

10-12-2006
V.I.P.

she looks really great in that latest pic....

10-12-2006
rising star

i can't help but laugh at this whole thread and at the throngs of rachel zoe admirers that even go so far as to say she looks better than most 35-year olds. please.
all this woman is is a fairly talented stylist that got lucky by knowing the right people. she does not deserve all this glorification. also, she should stick to styling fashion shoots because when she takes on individual clients they just end up looking like clones. a good stylist works to find her client
s' individual styles, not make them into clones of herself.
and also, who are you all kidding? the woman has obvious issues that everyone ignores, like the elephant in the room... all that because talking about them is against the rules (on a fashion board! that's pretty laughable, since they pretty much go hand in hand. at least be honest enough to acknowledge it). too bad in this case they're particularly relevant and no one wants to come out and see this woman for the horrible influence she is.

I totally agree and i myself was wondering why is rachael zoe put up on a pedestal? she picks out some clothes , big deal, all of a sudden shes amazing , beautiful etc.... wierd! I dont care wot anyone says she has gotta be in her 40's at least!

Last edited by ChrissyM; 10-12-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines regarding weight discussion

10-12-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gia0202
---unfort. no drug talk--- but i have felt that way for a bit
it is really annoying because its a kinda huge feature of the fashion industry, to not be able to discuss it amounts to huge hypocricy. We are all intelligent adults here and as such we shouldnt need to censor ourselves and pretend we don't know what's going on.

Then again we are supposed to judge her on just her fashion credentials but like I said, I think that her subscription is a huge part of that because it is the end results of this that have made her so fashionable and a feature of modern popular culture too.

10-12-2006
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinyo
it is really annoying because its a kinda huge feature of the fashion industry, to not be able to discuss it amounts to huge hypocracy. We are all intelligent adults here and as such we shouldnt need to censor ourselves and pretend we don't know what's going on.

Then again we are supposed to judge her on just her fashion credentials but like I said, I think that her subscription is a huge part of that because it is the end results of this that have made her so fashionable and a feature of modern popular culture too.
we're not allowed to discuss it because unfortunately as has been proven in the past, NOT everyone at tFS is an intelligent adult that can have a mature conversation... which is a huge part of why tFS closed registration and is now invite only

the rules/guidelines weren't constructed on a whim but because tfs needs them to run smoothly--so unfortunately there are certain things that can't really be discussed here...

Last edited by ChrissyM; 10-12-2006 at 07:12 PM.

11-12-2006
Soviet Camaro

^ what she said.

11-12-2006
scenester

well while i understand what you're saying, i still think the best solution isn't to censor conversation topics, but rather for people that can't discuss this in a civilised manner to be banned or warned. but that's just my opinion...

11-12-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

There is a thread on this subject in Member Feedback which you are more than free to contribute to. For the time being, if you had thoughts on the subject, please leave them there and allow for this thread to remain in regards to her style and stylistic endeavours.

11-12-2006
tfs star

So does anyone think she's going to be "blackballed" in Hollywood?

I would hate to see that happen but I was reading about a new term called "Rachel Zoe skinny" which I don't need to really explain any further..But I would love to see her continue styling..And does anyone have and scans from shoots that she's styled?

11-12-2006
fashion elite

---i hope she is sorta blackballed. maybe some quiet time would help her to confront issues

11-12-2006
windowshopping

I agree with what the previous poster said - a good stylist would NOT make you a clone of herself but help you find YOUR own personal style and develop that. Take a look at all the celeb's she styles - you will see the similarities.

BTW, I'm 44 and even *I* look younger than Rachel Zoe. :p

11-12-2006
rising star

I dont think Rachel is versatile enough to be maintain success for too long........unless she can come up with a serious reinvention of her style in the next few years which I doubt.

Glamour is always in fashion though to an extent, and she does that whole Gucci/70's glam thing really well, suits the whole L.A fashion scene, in terms of it being a worldwide movement though who knows how long it will last......

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2010, july, march, rachel, stylist, zoe