How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

At the Kate Moss book signing last night with Mert & Marcus

vogue.fr

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

He should get rid of the mustache (and of those fugly striped shirts).

09-12-2012
tfs star

vogue.com

tfs star

Quote:
Bruce Weber Book Launch hosted by Andre Balazs and Nan Bush at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach
with Calvin Klein

bfanyc.com

Mr. Magic

Quote:
32m #ArtBasel #Miami with With Eva Chow and Riccardo Tisci!!

twitter/verawanggang

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
15-12-2012
tfs star

Miami Art Basel 2012

livincool.com

tfs star

mrblasberg.com

fashion insider

That moustache is everything.

24-12-2012
Mr. Magic

Featured on US GQ December 2012 as designer of the year.
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh

Article: http://www.gq.com/moty/2012/riccardo...-the-year-2012

gq.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
18-01-2013
Mr. Magic

Backstage at Givenchy Menswear Fall 2013 show.

instagram/daniellindstrom

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
01-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Riccardo Tisci Extends Contract With Givenchy

THREE’S COMPANY?: Riccardo Tisci, who has revved up Givenchy with his hot-blooded and influential designs, has extended his contract with the French house, WWD has learned. According to market sources, the Italian designer recently signed on for another three years as the brand, now under the management leadership of former Prada executive Sebastian Suhl, shifts into an expansion mode to capitalize on the buzz around it. Tisci joined Givenchy in 2005. Givenchy officials declined to comment.
wwd.com

tfs star

MET Costume Institute 2013 Press Preview
Quote:
Punk Rock might not be the most obvious choice of subject matter for the Met’s Costume Institute, but when you look at the enduring influence the genre and its fashion offshoots have had on the industry, it is easy to see why it was chosen. Think of all the editorials that reference the insouciant energy of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen, or the endless stream of collections set to the sounds of The Clash. Sartorially speaking, would we have gotten to Rodarte’s deconstructed dresses, or Givenchy’s studded jackets without pioneers like Vivienne Westwood or Rei Kawakubo? Punk and fashion aren’t such strange bedfellows and the Met’s latest exhibit explores their intersection. This morning’s preview of the upcoming gala event brought out the likes of Anna Wintour (a true punk if there ever was one) and Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci – take a look at the goings on and catch a first glimpse of the Met’s take on punk’s ethos.

models.com

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Tastemaker: Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci

The 38-year-old Italian creative director has brought a new vitality—and a few skirts—to menswear. Here, he shares his personal rules of style.

The one piece of clothing that every man should own
"A hooded sweatshirt. In general, men do jobs that are very serious. Everything goes on their shoulders. The sweatshirt is the way to relax yourself. It works without a shirt under, with a shirt, with a peacoat on top. It's always sexy. It's always masculine."
Four items worth spending more on
"A baby-blue shirt, an oxford. Nice underwear. Non-ugly socks—socks should be classic. And I think you understand the personality, the elegance of a man through his watch."
Pick a single statement accessory
"I like when a man has one strong accessory. If it's a watch, it has to be major. If you have strong shoes, it should just be the shoes. I don't like when a man is overdone—that's just bad taste. Coco Chanel was always saying you have to watch yourself in the mirror, put on a lot of things, and then take them off. I think it should be that way for men as well."
Be loyal
"Men are much more faithful than women. Not in a sexual way, but in a stylistic way. If men fall in love with the cut and the fabric and, you know, a certain designer, they're faithful for many, many years. I can tell you, it's 25 years I'm wearing white trainers. I'm very faithful to my shoe."
Mix things up
"I don't agree with a total designer look. I like when I see Givenchy mixed with other stuff. It means that the person mixed it. I hate people being repetitious. In my collection, it's not all the classic or the street, it's a mix of everything. The men's-fashion business really closes itself in a cage. It should be much more open."
Forget what you think menswear is supposed to be
"I think it was quite a statement, what we've done with Kanye West and the black leather kilt, because, I don't know how you say it in English, but in Italy you say, 'It's not what the monarch wears that makes a good monarch. . . .' It's the man that makes the clothes, not the clothes that make the man. Who says that a man shouldn't wear a skirt? It's all about breaking the rules and the confidence to pull it off. Kanye made me so proud. He's so punk."
For Men, great style can be empowering
"I'm very happy that in the last two decades women got more power in society. So men swap around the other way. A man is not ashamed to look at himself. Like men going to a manicurist or going to do Botox or wearing clothes that are not the classic clichés. You don't have to be gay to be super-stylish. You can be stylish and be straight, which is, I think, all due to society."
Lighten up—go dark
"I'm a dark designer—a very happy dark designer. People think darkness comes from a ****ed-up place. No. Darkness is all about serenity. It is all about being happy, all about love. Darkness means night. In the night, you sleep, you make love. Night is when you meet your family and have that sharing moment. So for me, darkness means something very beautiful."
details.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg riccardo_tisci_varticle_intro.jpg (14.9 KB, 1 views)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
03-03-2013
tfs star

Backstage at Givenchy F/W 2013

style.com

tfs star

Givenchy F/W 2013

eastnews.ru

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags