How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
@ttomasihill taking Peter Pilotto's puffer coat for a twirl!! "

instagram.com/modaoperandi

Quote:
"@thepatrickdevlin I could fit a few of you under this #peterpilotto puffer "

instagram.com/ttomasihill

04-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
@ttomasihill looking amazing trying on her fauwi dress !

instagram.com/marykatrantzou

Quote:
@marykatrantzou we loved seeing you!!!

V.I.P.

collagevintage.com

04-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ Those are cool pants; I believe the skirt part is just in the front. Interesting how many designers showed skirts over pants again for Fall 2013 - very 90s.

I haven't seen Taylor street photos since London. I wonder if the Modi team didn't go to Milan and Paris!??

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
04-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
This fashion month she's worn low-key outfits - jeans, plaid shirts, the same floral topper to at least 3 different show days. So I was thinking that she seems more down-to-earth. Funny, that. Of course how could we know from pictures anyhow...
She has always recycled her clothes/outfits though, well before she started at Modi. (It's not like she's rich even if she is well-connected.) She's one of the few fashionistas who actually does. She is also one of the few who actually wears jeans. (It would actually shock me if she stopped recycling clothes because it's partly how she's gotten a name for herself because she has a such unique eye for putting together outfits and reusing clothes.)

I don't think she's becoming a diva, but I'm just sick of how show-offy (not quite the right word, but I can't think of one to describe what increasingly gives me eye rolls) her twitpic/instagram pics are. Yes, we know you have fabulous friends and sell fabulous fashion.

04-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
She has always recycled her clothes/outfits though, well before she started at Modi. (It's not like she's rich even if she is well-connected.) She's one of the few fashionistas who actually does. She is also one of the few who actually wears jeans. (It would actually shock me if she stopped recycling clothes because it's partly how she's gotten a name for herself because she has a such unique eye for putting together outfits and reusing clothes.)

I don't think she's becoming a diva, but I'm just sick of how show-offy (not quite the right word, but I can't think of one to describe what increasingly gives me eye rolls) her twitpic/instagram pics are. Yes, we know you have fabulous friends and sell fabulous fashion.
I know - and I totally get it. I notice most of them seem related to her work so I wonder if it's partly kind of "cheap" marketing for the company? I.e., a strategy?

On the other hand, it's weird she's almost nowhere to be seen this fashion month.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
04-03-2013
trendsetter

Yes, I miss seeing her out and about during fashion month. I also miss her interviews too.

If that's a marketing strategy, they should come up with something more original. In fact, I would expect something more original given the brains and the connections who work at that there. Instead, it's trite and tiresome (to me at least). And, yes, I get it too, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. And I don't.

Funny thing though, after complaining about hating the stream of twitpics with the flaunting of fashion and her friends, I can't help but like that one of her twirling in the coat. (Because it's one of those accidental editorial type pics. It feels like a genuine moment too, rather than a 'oh look at my awesome life' moment.)

04-03-2013
V.I.P.

I am somewhat grateful for the twit pics - cheesy as some of them are - as we have no other pics of her. :/

05-03-2013
fashion insider

Nothing I love more than rouge time! #rogervivier #genius

We asked nicely, and the answer was no. #trouble

#rochas

fashion insider

style.com

fashion insider

Quote:
@ttomasihill's new hat. #goldenarches

instagram.com/modaoperandi

Quote:
Brush up on your penciling @tommyton & @mrstreetpeeper this is the new way to capture the @modaoperandi M'Odettes @indrerock @hayleybloom @bettinasantodomingo

V.I.P.

grazia.it

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

collagevintage.com

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

Interesting mash up - Taylor pulls off some wild mixes.

How can all these women walk around without coats; isn't it cold over there now?

07-03-2013
fashion insider

leeoliveira.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hill, taylor, tomasi