How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Nothing I love more than a check, well besides a black and white ensemble and "rouge time"

instagram.com/ttomashill

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

below are from middle east trip before fashion month

savoir flair

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 07-03-2013 at 10:19 AM.
07-03-2013
V.I.P.

i guess this floral jacket she's been wearing is Thom Browne.

phill taylor

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
07-03-2013
trendsetter

I remember that green skirt. She wore it during her Marie Claire period to one of the fashion weeks.

09-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
#paris #funtimes @thepatrickdevlin

instagram.com/ttomasihill

V.I.P.

^ Love that Junya skirt - and the Rochas heels too.

09-03-2013
V.I.P.

TTH did photo diaries for Harper's Bazaar for 3 of the 4 of the Fashion Weeks, which could explain the plethora of twitter snaps we were seeing:

Paris:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion...-diary#slide-1

London:

New York:

I didn't see Milan. All links via Harpers, of course.

10-03-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Au revoir Paris! See you soon my love! #cantwaittogethome #cuddletime

instragram.com/ttomasihill

When in doubt, wear red.

awwwwwwwww such a cute picture, and such a beauty

fashion insider

specially on the London's video she seems to be so funny!

Moda Operandi NYFW 2013

MODA OPERANDI LONDON FASHION WEEK A/W 2013

youtube.com/modaoperandivideo

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
TTH did photo diaries for Harper's Bazaar for 3 of the 4 of the Fashion Weeks, which could explain the plethora of twitter snaps we were seeing:

Paris:

London:

New York:

I didn't see Milan. All links via Harpers, of course.

Cool. Thanks for posting these NPJ

14-03-2013
fashion insider

wethepeoplestyle.com

V.I.P.

Quote:
Why Some Street Style Superstars Are Shying Away from the Spotlight
by LAUREN SHERMAN

If you feel like you didn’t see much of street style starlet Taylor Tomasi Hill this past fashion month, that’s because you didn’t.

Tomasi Hill is deliberately avoiding photographers, repeating outfits and slipping in and out of shows à la Anna Wintour, according to our sources. The reason? She reportedly wants her position as Moda Operandi’s artistic director to be taken more seriously.

To be fair, this doesn’t mean she’s gone altogether. Tomasi Hill did a photo diary for Harpersbazaar.com over fashion week, and was featured on Style.com.

But her dialed-back presence should not go unnoticed, as she’s not the only one in that first crop of street style stars to selectively avoid the spotlight. W contributor Giovanna Battaglia will actively avoid photogs if she’s with her boss, Stefano Tonchi; she doesn’t want to keep him waiting. (Although sometimes, like when she wore Rochas’s floral house coat days after it hit the runway, she still welcomes photographers.) And while Vogue Paris editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt is polite to the hoards of snappers, she is scarcely as active as when she was styling Balmain circa 2007 and would wear head-to-toe Balmain looks to the show.

The reason behind Tomasi Hill’s decision seems simple enough. In order to get respect as a stylist and artistic director, she’s got to stay on the perimeters of the “fashion circus.” But it’s also a case of biting-the-hand-that-feeds-you in the most direct way. Would Tomasi Hill even work at Moda Operandi if she hadn’t become a street style star?

“I’ve personally worked with some editors who have gotten work from being photographed,” Tommy Ton told Fashionista editorial director Leah Chernikoff at Lanvin’s 10th anniversary show last October. (We asked Ton for comment on this particular story as well, but have yet to hear back.) “They also see the potential in being photographed and seen on these blogs because it does create jobs for them as well. It helps build their brand image.”

However, it seems that the craziness around street style has diminished the benefits. “Who knows, in a few years maybe they’ll start barricading the arrivals,” Ton continued. “But then will the editors go on strike, saying ‘why should we have to dress up?’ When did this become a fashion show inside a fashion show?”

Of course, there will always be ready-and-willing subjects outside of fashion shows: The new crop of street style stars, including Miroslava Duma, are proof. But is Hill’s alleged decision to step away indicative of something bigger? Is a “return to modesty” nigh?
Fashionista

--I thought this was interesting since we were, well I was anyhow, speculating about Taylor this fashion week; sounds like she deliberately kept a lower profile. Makes me think of the Suzy Menkes article about Fashion Circus.

19-03-2013
rising star

Thank you, Not Plain Jane for posting this article. It reminds me of the Suzy Menkes article too. I think it's all evolving now, as the first groups of style stars move back and let others take their place. That said, there's no doubt that opportunities of a lifetime came out of being photographed. Taylor, and a few others I am thinking of might have waited many years to work their way up the fashion food chain, if at all, and they certainly know that. The street photographers changed their lives, and they know it. But good for them, for making it work in their favour.

20-03-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
below are from middle east trip before fashion month

Please do not quote images

savoir flair
anyone knows the designer of this dress? thanks! =)

Last edited by tangerine; 20-03-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Please do not quote images
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hill, taylor, tomasi