How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-10-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
nymag.com/thecut

i hope she ends up back at a magazine...

i hope we can keep seeing Taylor in Fashion Weeks!I would like to know what is going do now

18-10-2013
fashion elite

I'm willing to bet she got offered at lot of $ by a designer or house to work as a consultant and will supplement that with more styling gigs.

18-10-2013
V.I.P.

Well, retail seems like a completely different business than working at a magazine. Maybe Taylor didn't like that aspect of M.O. She seems like more of a creative type than a bottom dollar type. Anyhow, am interested to see what comes next!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 18-10-2013 at 04:36 PM.
18-10-2013
V.I.P.

Well, well, well ... the plot thickens!

Quote:
Taylor Tomasi Hill Comments on Her Exit from Moda Operandi
by DHANI MAU

Moda Operandi’s most street style-savvy and bright-haired senior-level staffer has left the building.

As the e-commerce site’s creative director of about two years, Taylor Tomasi Hill, sent an email to colleagues yesterday announcing her departure. “After two years with M’O the time has come to move forward with the next chapter. This Friday is my last day with M’oda …,” she wrote, according to The Cut.

The reason for her departure remains unconfirmed, but it seems that it was fairly sudden. According to WWD, there may have been friction between Tomasi Hill and the site’s founder Lauren Santo Domingo after the latter promised the former equity in the company, which didn’t materialize after the company’s board rejected the proposal.

Our own sources say that there was tension between the two after Europe (though we actually didn’t see her in London or Milan) and, as far as they know, Tomasi Hill does not have a job lined up.

Although there’s a lot of competition in the e-commerce space these days, Moda Operandi seems to be doing well. It got $36 million in funding from LVMH last year. Although, its CEO, Aslaug Magnusdottir, left the company she co-founded just a few months ago. According to Page Six, that departure also stemmed from a rift with Santo Domingo.

Regardless, we can’t imagine Tomasi Hill will have too much trouble finding a new gig. The former Marie Claire Accessories Editor has worn many other hats, including consulting for Sigerson Morrison, styling, and she even once designed a collection for Lane Crawford. She was even once rumored to be Julie Gilhart’s replacement as Barneys’ fashion director when Gilhart left in 2010.

As long as her next gig still allows us plenty of opportunities to gawk over her outfits and hair, we’ll be happy.

Update: We reached out to Taylor Tomasi Hill and she responded via email with this statement:

Building the MO brand over the past 2 years was a rewarding progression from the editorial world. I look forward to parlaying this experience into the next chapter.
Source: Fashionista.com

The comments under the link are kind of interesting:

http://fashionista.com/2013/10/taylo...randi-but-why/

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
20-10-2013
fashion insider

#kathleenandclaytontietheknot

instagram.com/ttomasihill

front row

i think her departure from MO is a good call, MO has a history of being shady...

20-10-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabeleux View Post
i think her departure from MO is a good call, MO has a history of being shady...
What do you mean by shady?

20-10-2013
V.I.P.

^yes, please tell us! I need to know...lol

21-10-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
#kathleenandclaytontietheknot @ttomasihill @trishhill01 we got smart after midnight and added some accessories

instagram.com/vera2vera

fashion insider

Quote:
Oooh do tell!

Taylor will be fine. She already has a built in following from the last few years of streetstyle coverage, no doubt they will follow her to her next venture. What ever happened to her Sigerson Morrison gig?

TWITTER:

Last edited by educo; 21-10-2013 at 06:29 PM.
23-10-2013
front row

Well MO doesn't really deliver on time, given their very long "target delivery date" on their trunkshows, and what's weird is some of their boutique items wouldn't be delivered and when asked, they'll say it's sold out.. Things like that. I mean, those are huge for an online luxury boutique, very unprofessional. This happened to me 2x. I waited patiently for mytrunkshow items to arrive, customers ervice would say they are still waiting for it to arrive as well! I waited for more than 6 months, the other item is already being sold at other boutiques! And here I thought pre ordering would mean I would be one of the few to own it first. Anyway, I haven't ordered much fromtrunshows after those stressful orders because you can buy it somewhere else too, although MO trunshows tend to be a little cheaper, not worth the wait and stress for me though. i still order from their boutique though, just needs following up to make sure it's shipped in a timely manner. I can say that their stylists are really nice and so is the head of customer service. But, for TTH to be associated with an unprofessional online luxury boutique can't be good. I'm not saying this happens to everyone on every order but it has been discussed and quite a lot had stories to tell. I haven't ordered anything for the past 5 months, but my last boutique order was delivered right away- maybe because i emailed a stylist and customer service right after I placed my order.

25-10-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Well MO doesn't really deliver on time, given their very long "target delivery date" on their trunkshows, and what's weird is some of their boutique items wouldn't be delivered and when asked, they'll say it's sold out.. Things like that. I mean, those are huge for an online luxury boutique, very unprofessional. This happened to me 2x. I waited patiently for mytrunkshow items to arrive, customers ervice would say they are still waiting for it to arrive as well! I waited for more than 6 months, the other item is already being sold at other boutiques! And here I thought pre ordering would mean I would be one of the few to own it first. Anyway, I haven't ordered much fromtrunshows after those stressful orders because you can buy it somewhere else too, although MO trunshows tend to be a little cheaper, not worth the wait and stress for me though. i still order from their boutique though, just needs following up to make sure it's shipped in a timely manner. I can say that their stylists are really nice and so is the head of customer service. But, for TTH to be associated with an unprofessional online luxury boutique can't be good. I'm not saying this happens to everyone on every order but it has been discussed and quite a lot had stories to tell. I haven't ordered anything for the past 5 months, but my last boutique order was delivered right away- maybe because i emailed a stylist and customer service right after I placed my order.

I've had the same experience with the only 2 items I bought from them. That delivery window on "pre ordered" stuff is just as long as waiting for the stuff to get into a retail store. It was so long, I was reminded about my order from them when it arrived at my house!

TWITTER:
28-10-2013
V.I.P.

carolinesmode.com

Last edited by MartiniKiss; 28-10-2013 at 01:31 AM.
28-10-2013
fashion icon

I really like this last look, and I actually love that entire collection from Vika Gazinskaya. I really wish I could have gotten my hands on one of the cloud dresses And as far as the M'O "shadiness" is concerned, I believe that their shipping problems have much more to do with the designers/brands than the company itself. The site is still fairly new, and even with its founders' clout, I feel that big name department stores and the brands' own boutiques are far higher on the delivery list than M'O. I have always been overly pleased with my shopping experiences with them (boutique and trunkshow), even though I have had to wait a little while longer than the estimated delivery date for one of my trunkshow pre-orders. Had I not pre-bought it through them, though, I probably wouldn't have been able to get it at all due to scarcity so I was more than happy to wait in that particular case

fashion insider

ote]Good friends, good food i️ u all @cew139 @lindseylucenti @thepatrickdevlin @jchasehill[/quote]

Quote:
Happy Birthday to my #spook @jchasehill #creepy

instagram.com/ttomasihill

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hill, taylor, tomasi