How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-09-2010
front row

I loooveee her look in #688. I have the same Miu Miu bag but mine's a darker pink - I love her color though, it's very neutral but still girly.

21-09-2010
V.I.P.

In that picture of Kate and Taylor together @ Burberry, they look like they're dressed for entirely different seasons / weather.

21-09-2010
Making a Mess

I am loving those Balenciaga booties she's been wearing all over New York. Also she has great legs. I never realized how long they were. Does anyone know how tall she is? Those gams make her look 5'10 at least :p.

However, I'm not loving that Miu Miu bag. That colour of pink is hideous. And doesn't really appear to go with anything she wears. Would much prefer it in a camel or beige tone.

Two favourite looks thus far: the head-to-toe neutral outfit with the red floral scarf and the Marc by Marc Jacobs look in post #678.

And thank you to everyone for posting the NYFW pictures of her and keeping this thread up to date .

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

style.com

22-09-2010
tfs star

Love her leopard print scarf!

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

I love that Tommy Ton shot of the 3 of them - thanks

I have no idea how to capture slide show shots from Style.com, but I am glad someone does.

22-09-2010
backstage pass

I'm also feeling that Taylor has been trying too hard lately...everything looks calculated. She needs to be more spontaneous!!!

22-09-2010
V.I.P.

Spontaneous? Interesting comment. I do wonder, however, exactly how many editors, photographers etc can be truly spontaneous when they are on the road for over 3 weeks. It's tough to plan and pack for that.

I can't think of many who look like they just threw something together spontaneously. Kate Lanphear, whom I love, definitely looks very "put together" at all times; Anna Del Russo, who I admire but who's style is a little to dressy for me, looks like she must need a small army of packers with the wardrobe she's sporting during fashion weeks - indeed I believe she goes home between and changes wardrobes (think I read that in an interview anyhow...).

Basically, none of them, to me, look like as though they've not put thought into their packing and their outfits - it's necessary to plan, given in their field and the extensive traveling. Of course they need to look on trend, stylish etc., as well, in part because there is also this blogging thing, and many of them are constantly being photographed (for which I am very thankful!!). ;-)

Anyhow, I see Taylor's style as being just as spontaneous as the two aforementioned editors/stylists as well as many others that I like: Sarah Rutson, Joanna Hillman etc . I've never really understood the "trying to hard" comment but to each her own. Certainly more than a couple people say it.

22-09-2010
tfs star

^That's exactly what I think Not Plain Jane! Great point of view.

22-09-2010
backstage pass

NotPlainJane I agree with that it may be a bit difficult to be too spontaneous when they're traveling so much, but it's rather difficult for me to describe what my definitions of the word means...maybe it's just my preference so I love it when Taylor (or anyone else) plays it cool and keeps it more simple. And she's usually great at that since she has many nice pieces that are really well textured but with a simple style...then again "style" is different in everyone's opinion...maybe I'm just biased and don't like it when she (or anyone else) puts too many trends on him/her at once. bof, lets just keep following Taylor and see what she'll put on for the remaining FW

22-09-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
I am loving those Balenciaga booties she's been wearing all over New York. Also she has great legs. I never realized how long they were. Does anyone know how tall she is? Those gams make her look 5'10 at least :p.
I found myself towering over her at a party last week & my first thought, was whoa, she is short! But I realized she was wearing flats and I was wearing 4 inch heels. I think she must be my height, around 5 ft 7. I always thought she was model height as well.

22-09-2010
Making a Mess

^ Hmm that's interesting although 5'7 is still quite tall. Thanks for sharing .

She definitely makes the most of her height that's for sure.

23-09-2010
on the come up

So gone are all the Chanel bags!

23-09-2010
trendsetter

streetfsn.blogspot.com

23-09-2010
V.I.P.

In NYC - Can anyone ID the bag Taylor is carrying here? Love it~

source: nathalie.metromode.se

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »