How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-09-2010
V.I.P.

I'd give the look in #722 a "C" - I love the leather harness/top but would prefer to see it over a tight fitting black top and with more black on the bottom. To me, it is not done justice with jeans and a t-shirt, because it is tres cool as a piece on its own!

27-09-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I'd give the look in #722 a "C" - I love the leather harness/top but would prefer to see it over a tight fitting black top and with more black on the bottom. To me, it is not done justice with jeans and a t-shirt, because it is tres cool as a piece on its own!
Agreed with this comment completely! The top underneath is too loose-fitting to really bring out the leather corset-thing. I think it just detracts from it! But it's nonetheless a cool piece - just not worn well here. Oh well, hit and a miss... she looks good 99% of the time!

27-09-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

I like the idea of comparing something as 'hard' as the leather corset with something as laid back as jeans and a tee but I agree the white t-shirt isn't right. I think it would look better with a black or grey tee but I'm not against the way she's styled it in principle

27-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I like the idea of comparing something as 'hard' as the leather corset with something as laid back as jeans and a tee but I agree the white t-shirt isn't right. I think it would look better with a black or grey tee but I'm not against the way she's styled it in principle
True - the jeans in themselves are fine, as is the corset/harness thingy. Maybe it boils down to the color of the T-shirt, plus the fact that it's the Madewell Alexa Chung "Bat/Hello" T-shirt, so bits of that drawing are peeking through.

But then I got to thinking how the corset thingy kind of looks like Batman's outfit and since the t-shirt has a bat on it ... well, maybe Taylor is going for a superhero look, like EditorWoman!

Agree with you Kaki - imo Taylor does nail it the majority of the time; love her style generally.

27-09-2010
V.I.P.

I like the lip.

27-09-2010
V.I.P.

I like her Alaia (?) leather top a lot, and I like how she dressed it down. But the clutch ruins it for me, and imho darker jeans would have worked better.

27-09-2010
V.I.P.

vogue.it

28-09-2010
V.I.P.

The bustier is McQueen...

jak and jil

28-09-2010
V.I.P.

^ Wow ^ what a cute shot! I don't think I've ever seen Taylor ham it up quite so much for the cameras.

That bustier is such a great piece

Bird of Paradise, do you know who she's with in the Vogue Italy picture you posted?

28-09-2010
fashion icon

The girl looks like Teen Vogue's Shiona Turini to me, but I don't know for sure.

28-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochasfille View Post
The girl looks like Teen Vogue's Shiona Turini to me, but I don't know for sure.
Yes, it looks like you're right, thanks, Of course they'd know each other from Teen Vogue days (assuming their time there overlapped) so that makes sense.

28-09-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Yes, it looks like you're right, thanks, Of course they'd know each other from Teen Vogue days (assuming their time there overlapped) so that makes sense.
Shiona came after Taylor, but the fashion edit world is small so it wouldn't be surprising if they knew each other.

29-09-2010
front row

Did we ever get an ID on the shoes she is wearing in #731?

29-09-2010
front row

There's a pic of TTH and Joanna Hillman over on Joanna's thread and Taylor is rocking an amazing manicure - plain with black tips! It's the attention to detail that I love about her.

29-09-2010
V.I.P.

Fashion Confidential

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, 2010, april, december, hill, taylor, tomasi