How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-03-2011
rising star

whos the black girl with her?

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
Love the yellow. Her style never seems forced or like she's trying.
I agree! It seems to me like she certainly has a collection of carefully edited pieces that she personally likes and that she therefore chose to pack for the Fashion weeks, but how she pulls them together seems more impromtu than measured to me. Plus, she mixes looks and pieces so effectively overall that it makes me envious! Taylor looks like a real, professesional, working woman (who happens to be gorgeous) who has great style; she does not come off like a "celebrity" or like an unbelieveably wealthy person (even though for most of us a large portion of her closet is filled with high end pieces). I don't know if I have expressed myself clearly, but basically I find her "relatable" and yet "inspirational" at the same time. And that's the appeal.

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

harper's bazaar

08-03-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I agree! It seems to me like she certainly has a collection of carefully edited pieces that she personally likes and that she therefore chose to pack for the Fashion weeks, but how she pulls them together seems more impromtu than measured to me. Plus, she mixes looks and pieces so effectively overall that it makes me envious! Taylor looks like a real, professesional, working woman (who happens to be gorgeous) who has great style; she does not come off like a "celebrity" or like an unbelieveably wealthy person (even though for most of us a large portion of her closet is filled with high end pieces). I don't know if I have expressed myself clearly, but basically I find her "relatable" and yet "inspirational" at the same time. And that's the appeal.
Not to burst bubbles but, like most other editors, Taylor either purchases her pieces at a discount (what is called a "personal order") or simply wears the samples. Agreed she does a good job putting looks together, but felt it was worth adding that a fair amount of what she's photographed in is most likely not hers.

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

Oh no bubble burst... I used to work in the industry (mid-level price range though, not designer) and I know the perks, like cost prices and free samples. But do you think these items are "not hers," i.e., she hangs them back up in the magazine offices? Or do you think designers give pieces to her (freebies) since she is so photographed thus it is like free promotion (much like with celebs)? I have often wondered if editors get a lot more freebies from designers now, since street style has become so huge.

09-03-2011
fashion insider

^^^ When I was a teenager, I used to work in a photolab smack dab in the middle of many magazines corporate offices like hearst, marie claire, elle, cosmo...these editors would come in dressed to the nines (not much different from today) and they would ALWAYS get free stuff. ALWAYS. It's a way to get editors to feature the products in magazines, before the days of blogging and instant updates, and regular streetstyle photos.

TWITTER:

09-03-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Oh no bubble burst... I used to work in the industry (mid-level price range though, not designer) and I know the perks, like cost prices and free samples. But do you think these items are "not hers," i.e., she hangs them back up in the magazine offices? Or do you think designers give pieces to her (freebies) since she is so photographed thus it is like free promotion (much like with celebs)? I have often wondered if editors get a lot more freebies from designers now, since street style has become so huge.
Yeah, a lot of editors I've known just make a "hold rack" of samples they want to wear to the shows, etc. and tell the PR people it's being used for a story. Nothing they can do about it....I'm sure between gifts (like when she started at Marie Claire) and personal orders/full price/sample sale stuff she has an enormous closet. But the amount of expensive RTW she wears from a season is my "red flag." Also, the majority of it is worn, she gets photographed in it, and it disappears.

09-03-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah, the owner of the knitwear company I merchandised for used to give lots of "gifts" to buyers, hoping to secure some of their open-to-buy budgets, lol.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 09-03-2011 at 01:09 AM.

09-03-2011
V.I.P.

She's worn both this Balenciaga yellow skirt and the Dries blouse underneath before.

twin fashion

09-03-2011
fashion insider

Oh yes, she did wear it before.. I love that Dries blouse

jakandjill

09-03-2011
fashion insider

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

teampeterstigter

09-03-2011
fashion icon

^Can anyone ID these sunglasses? I am always after her pairs, because I have a similar face shape, and her purchases save me time trying on pairs myself - what looks good on her will always work on me, hehe.

09-03-2011
fashion insider

Taylor arriving at Chloe
twinfashion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4172.JPG (328.7 KB, 201 views)

10-03-2011
fashion insider

lesmads

10-03-2011
fashion insider

style.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, february, hill, taylor, tomasi