How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-08-2011
V.I.P.

Looking forward to new Fashion Week photos. Had never seen the tweed blazer look above. Thanks for posting silentblue!

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 24-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.

24-08-2011
V.I.P.

Here is a new interview with Taylor via HarpersBazaar.com.

Quote:
In the lead to up to the S/S 2012 season, we'll be spotlighting the fashion industry insiders who are making waves on the street style scene.

Taylor Tomasi Hill
Style and accessories director, US Marie Claire

What are your fashion-week essentials?
1. “Lanvin costume jewellery, particularly the new chokers.” 2. “New Givenchy eyewear from the runway; I am after a pair in blue.” 3. “Sexy heels from Balenciaga and Givenchy.” 4. “All shapes of denim: wide-legged and skinny from My Lovely Jean; Siwy; MiH Jeans; and Earnest Sewn. I love the perfect-fitting denim, but hate shopping for it.” 4. “Cat’s-eye sunglasses from Emmanuelle Khanh; Norma Kamali; Tom Ford; and Derek Lam.” 5. “Dries [Van Noten’s] men’s button-downs — they always have something special about them and I love the way they fit.”
How would you describe your style?
“I don’t have a specific defined style; in fact, I am somewhat of a style chameleon. Minimalism is very ‘of the moment’ and I will certainly try it and wear it, but it doesn’t mean I will stick with that style for the season. I sometimes walk out the door and question what I am wearing, but for me it’s all about having fun and taking risks.”
What are your wardrobe staples?
“Drop-crotch jeans or pants from Comme des Garçons; fitted blazers from Junya Watanabe, J.Crew and Proenza Schouler; Equipment silk and cotton button-downs. I have a closet full of these and wear one about three times a week because they are just easy and come in every colour imaginable. Sexy high heels — shoes can change an entire outfit and I see them as miniature works of art that express how I’m feeling that day; a vintage sequin jacket that I scored at [jewellery designer] Dana Lorenz’s store, Fenton/Fallon — to this day I believe it was one of my best purchases ever.”
What are your favourite brands?
“I love trying all different brands. Lately, I have been drawn to Junya [Watanabe], Balenciaga, Comme [des Garçons], Proenza [Schouler], Céline, Madewell, J.Crew, Christopher Kane, Alexander Wang, Givenchy, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Haider Ackermann … I could go on and on.”
Who do you think has great style?
“Sarah Rutson; [W fashion editor] Giovanna Battaglia; Caroline Issa; [Harper’s BAZAAR fashion editor] Christine Centenera; Kate Moss; and [art director and model] Julia Restoin-Roitfeld.”
How so you approach getting dressed each morning during show time?
“I take two large Tumi duffel bags to Europe; dressing for almost a month can be difficult so I pack lots of separates for mixing and matching. I usually wear most pieces two or three times, just in different ways. I make sure to include comfy jeans and cosy jackets for travelling. I can’t live without my Rick Owens jacket.”
What do you think defines great style?
“Great style is being true to yourself, trying new things and having an eye to know what works together. It’s also not about spending massive amounts of money on
the latest trend. Working with what you own is key and adding little bits here and there.”
Also, it is interesting that she did that video at / for Barney's considering she was rumoured to be taking a top-level job there not too long ago. Hmmmm. Maybe nothing in it.

Last edited by softgrey; 24-08-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: please do not post the full article rather than a link

24-08-2011
flaunt the imperfection

i wonder if they will be asking each person the same interview questions...
because taylor pretty much said what i think everyone would say in terms of being true to yourself, not spending tons of money, etc...
she was lucky to go first...
it's gonna be hard for the rest of them to come up with something else i think...

i like the people she named as having good style and i agree with her choices...
thanks for posting this jane!...

24-08-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for "fixing" it softgrey. I like her designer choices too.

26-08-2011
fashion icon

^^ It's from Harper's Bazaar Australia so it's www.harpersbazaar.com.au - not the US one. It's not available on the US site at all (I just tried to look for it).

28-08-2011
backstage pass

I'm so excited for September and the many envy-inducing pictures of Taylor it will bring.

Counting down the days...

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

This website has put together a nice compendium of some of Taylor's great street style looks; they are all formatted similarly which makes it easy to scroll through. I have filed it away for inspiration.

http://www.sweetfancytreat.com/2011/...masi-hill.html

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

And another:

https://theworldofjoyce.wordpress.co...9/inspiration/

30-08-2011
front row

^nice, thanks for sharing!

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Souk View Post
I'm so excited for September and the many envy-inducing pictures of Taylor it will bring.

Counting down the days...
me too, can't wait

31-08-2011
V.I.P.

Taylor Tomasi Hill Tumblr

31-08-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Can't wait to see what new outfit she'll come up with either. I'm never tired of her, she's simply perfect.

31-08-2011
on the come up

It's been too long since she stepped out with a new outfit!

01-09-2011
V.I.P.

I know! I keep looking but all I find are new pics of old looks. : /

Oh well, it shan't be long now; new Taylor pics will be flowing during Fashion Month, woot! :p

01-09-2011
tailored

that outfit with the tied equipment shirt and the proenza scuba skirt is one of my faves...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, february, hill, taylor, tomasi