How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-09-2011
front row

me too

10-09-2011
fashion icon

I think the issue is her giant boobs. She hides them well most of the time, but here they have no support whatsoever, and it makes the top look really frumpy Outside of fit, however, I love the outfit, and the shoes are killer.

10-09-2011
NOE
trendsetter

A thought: Wonder if they've considered having her as a judge on Project Runway?! So many others from Marie Claire have been on... it would be neat to see her opinion, and her style on camera.

Until then, can't wait to see new outfits this week!

10-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ I would start watching again if Taylor was on.

Don't like the latest outfit. The top is unflattering especially with the jeans.

10-09-2011
Making a Mess

Agree with everyone about the top being very unflattering on her.

In the first picture I really liked it but as I scrolled down and saw more pictures of it I realized it wasn't doing her chest area any favours.

However I do like the laid-back, casual feel of the outfit. And I am so excited that all of her outfits for NYFW are going to be documented by nymag. I always want ID's on what she's wearing!

11-09-2011
fashion insider

not fond of her first NYFW outfit, let's hope for smth for extravagant & unique in her upcoming appearances

11-09-2011
fashion icon

the only thing i love are the Pierre Hardy shoes!the rest is very frumpy..

11-09-2011
backstage pass

I love her too much to hate, but this slouchy and misshapen look isn't my favourite.

It's early days... she'll hit her fashion week stride. :0)

11-09-2011
front row

Quote:
Marie Claire's Taylor Tomasi-Hill kept her look simple today. The editor went with a vintage Escada suit she purchased while vacationing in Aspen, alongside some standout accessories, per usual. And that flower belt? Tomasi-Hill made it herself.
On Taylor:
Vintage Escada two-piece suit, D.I.Y. flower belt, Chloé bag, Proenza Schouler shoes, and Rodarte for Opening Ceremony sunglasses.
About the look: "My outfit today was based off a mad rush to get dressed when my dry cleaning was not ready. So I went to my vintage suit that's always been a go-to in my closet; it's comfortable and easy for the weekend."

vogue.it, text from nymag.com

Last edited by kimair; 11-09-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: added description

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

Simple, yet elegant. I love the flower at her waist.

I wouldn't use the adjective "frumpy" to describe her previous look, as frumpy to me means dowdy or completely unfashionable. However, after looking at a number of pictures, i can understand the comments about the top's fit on Taylor. That said, I still love the top, and those shoes!

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ I like this outfit. Nice colours and the flower is sweet. Wish her hair was out though.

11-09-2011
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't know - I'm happy to have an unstructured outfit but it just looks a bit ill-fitting around the waist area....

11-09-2011
fashion icon

I like how she's more casual and relaxed this time round.

11-09-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Marie Claire's Taylor Tomasi-Hill was right on trend with her look today. After rag & bone and Alexander Wang showed their sporty knitwear collections for spring 2012, Tomasi-Hill put together an Opening Ceremony skirt with an Alex Wang shredded tank, topped off by a pair of kick *** Ann Demeulemeester boots.
On Taylor: Thakoon jacket, Alexander Wang shredded tank, Opening Ceremony knit skirt, Ann Demeulemeester boots, Jennifer Fisher cuff, Rodarte for Opening Ceremony sunglasses, and Giuseppe Zanotti bag.
About the look: "The weather is so amazing today that I still wanted to wear all my summer clothes. I have shows to go in Milan and Paris, and I feel like I'll turn to black when I'm there, so I figured I'd wear all my spring clothes while I can."
nymag.com

Last edited by kimair; 11-09-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: posted copy and removed link

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

Taylor really "goes for it" on her shoe choices sometimes; those boots, but not sure they work with that outfit. Need to see more pics, but in that one they seem ill-matched.

There's a great shot of the previous day's look at Fabsugar, but I can't copy it large size, just in thumbnail size:

Link here to slide show:

http://www.fabsugar.com/Street-Style...405?page=0,0,0

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, february, hill, taylor, tomasi