How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-09-2011
backstage pass

I love the sequin Proenza skirt and oversized Chloe pants, but - and I can't quite believe I'm typing these words - this has been a disappointing season for Taylor so far.

Do we really believe that she doesn't forward plan her fashion week outfits? That they result, instead, from "getting up in the morning to a whirlwind of clothes" and a "mad rush to get dressed when my dry cleaning was not ready"...?

14-09-2011
backstage pass

fashionologie

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Souk View Post
I love the sequin Proenza skirt and oversized Chloe pants, but - and I can't quite believe I'm typing these words - this has been a disappointing season for Taylor so far.

Do we really believe that she doesn't forward plan her fashion week outfits? That they result, instead, from "getting up in the morning to a whirlwind of clothes" and a "mad rush to get dressed when my dry cleaning was not ready"...?
Maybe she's saving all the best items for Paris where she has to be on her game.

Those Sperry boat shoes are gross.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Taylor has said she plans her packing for abroad, and those outfits, ahead, though she does bring a lot of separates so she can re-wear/re-work items. But one thing I have noticed is that while in New York, she often doesn't wear the same things she will wear on her trip. A number of the things she wore in NYC last time and the time before that didn't make re-appearances on the trips. So maybe she "saves" what she plans to bring?

Now watch her prove me utterly wrong, lol.

The other thing I notice with some of her looks: initially I think "meh" or maybe even dislike them and then after time has passed I start to like them more and more - go figure.

p.s. I like the sperry boat shoes, the CM bag and the whole entire look from today - very fresh and cute!

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 14-09-2011 at 08:01 PM.

14-09-2011
front row

stylebistro.com

15-09-2011
front row

grazia.it

15-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Souk View Post

Agree, her outfits all feel very contrived to me. I truly don't mean that as an insult, more as a mere observation. I actually would have loved this last outfit with different shoes, quite innovative.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

Both very fresh and pretty looks, imo.

Harper's Bazaar

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 15-09-2011 at 11:24 AM.

15-09-2011
fashion icon

Love the Chanel/Chloe looks! I would've never worn baby pink and white together but this looks amazing.

15-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJG View Post
Love the Chanel/Chloe looks! I would've never worn baby pink and white together but this looks amazing.
I would have thought pink and white to be overly twee, but, you're right, they look perfect together.

I think Taylor's red hair brings an edge to the outfit that would be missing with, say, a more generic bubblegum blonde.

15-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Very true S.S.

Quote:
On Taylor: Alexander Wang tank top, Balenciaga skirt, Pierre Hardy shoes, Comme des GarÁons wallet, and mystery sunglasses.
About the look: "Today I rolled out of bed and threw on one of my go-to outfits for the office. We are shooting like mad this week, so there hasn't been much extra styling time. It's always nice to pull out an oldie but goodie. New York Fashion week is coming to an end, so it's time to pack up and head to Europe."
NYMag "The Cut"

15-09-2011
tailored

^ funny that this is one of my favorite outfits of hers from the entire week...

16-09-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^me too actually, it's much more in line with the sort of thing i expect to see on her (or at least the vibe i get from what she's wearing)

16-09-2011
front row

style.com

16-09-2011
fashion insider

(c) garancedore.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, december, february, hill, taylor, tomasi